Stargate SG-1

Avalon (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 15, 2005 on Syfy

• Bring on Ben Browder! and of Course Claudia Black. What a team these two make though it's hard to see her with anyone else, Daniel is a wonderful choice! Kudos to some of the most talented writers I've had the pleasure to critique.

It should be known that this particular episode is the one that brought me into the SG-1 fold. I hadn't paid the series much attention and barely nodded at the movie until the stroke of genius that brought John Creighton into Cheyenne Mountain occurred. I'd been a fan of Farscape and never known that Claudia Black had been a guest on SG-1 until I heard the words that now ring in my head occasionally, "Now... where's my Daniel?" This ep began an intensive four month emersion into the world after obtaining a Stargagte, and I am proud and happy to say I am no longer capable of imaging a world without one. I own eight seasons on DVD and will eventually purchase each and ever successive season. (Okay I'm a B-5er too but they charge way too much for those DVD's). Nuff said about that.

Thank you, ever so talented writing staff for NOT making Mitchell disliked or distrusted by the team members. Thank you for making him someone they liked in general and could easily fold into their own "little family" (love the 'movie night' allusion... the season's over if you haven't guessed that by now) Thank you for making him someone who's eager to explore other worlds and with the innocence of a child and experience of a seasoned warrior someone who can be observed with a fresh eye while learning both about intergalactic threats as well as whatever he wasn't able to learn by being sequestered on EArth. Would that we were all so lucky... In some of the additional stuff DVD sets interviewers have asked the question "If there was a real Stargate would you go through it?" That answer is a resounding YES! A thousand times YES. and even after the continually and surprisingly fresh episodes that comprise the eight seasons prior I'm astounded and delighted that the writers haven't lost the knack... I mean after all... there are so many galaxies and if you want to get into it, in all reality... so many universes left to explore... and so many villains left to unearth... I can't wait!

Bring 'em on!