Stargate SG-1

Avalon (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 15, 2005 on Syfy

• it was almost like a pilot for a new show...

This episode had a lot of character development because it introduced so many new characters. Beau Bridges playing the new general, Ben Browder playing the new colonel Mitchell, and Claudia Black coming in to play Vala reguarly. That's a lot for one episode. I really wish they changed around the show bit by bit throughout the 8 years instead of just drastically changing it in the 9th season. It was like an entirely new show, and I almost wish they made it a new show. I love stargate, I just wish they'd change things up more and, when they did change things, not to change it so drastically. Oh well, back to this episode. Colonel Mitchell comes in and is supposed to pick a new team, but he wants to old sg-1. Vala comes in and puts a braclet on herself and Daniel. I loved that part of the story. I really didn't like the whole part of the story where Mitchell was trying to get the team back. It was boring, in my opinion. It was a bit interesting seeing Merlin and that story line. Overall, good episode, a bit boring, but had many funny moments, espcially with Vala.