Stargate SG-1

Cold Lazarus

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 29, 1997 on Syfy

• A strange crystal renders Jack unconscious and takes over his appearance. We find out about about Jack's personal life in this episode.

Not the greatest episode of SG-1 and rather slow, if you compare it to the previous 6 episodes in this season. Nonetheless, we find out a lot about Jack's personal life, the story behind his son's death, his ex-wife and the reason why he left her (or she left him?). A lot of touchy-feely moments sprinkled with a few tears here and there. I thought the reason why "crystal Jack" went back to look for Charlie (Jack's dead son) was quite silly but it was a clever way of giving us some background information on Jack's history and personal life. We already start to see some signs of how brilliant Sam is. It seems the universe holds no secrets for her. I also liked the way they are emphasizing how bad the Goa-uld are, as we see yet another species being destroyed or ruined by them. Teal'c is brilliant as usual: George: "I cannot let you take your staff with you" Teal'c: "I've seen your world - I will need it". Typical Teal'c.