Stargate SG-1

Crystal Skull

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 03, 2000 on Syfy

• Great episode. Need more like them.

This was a good episode. They need to tell us what Nick has been up to. How are the aliens going. It was a great story. Daniel was out of phase. He even thought he was dead. The team went home. Are there any more of tese big aliens out there? Do they have any cool technology that could help with the Ori and the priors?
  • not that good...

This episode was really boreing to me. Daniel uncovers a crystal skull that links to another crystal skull that his grandfather found years ago. They have to confront his grandfather, which happens to be crazy. Oh, and Daniel was stuck as a ghost or something. Anyways, they eventually get Daniel back to normal and talk to the huge aliens. Basically, the idea was ok, but boreing. Daniel's family/story lines are annoying and boreing and I just don't like when they try to develop his character because it's boreing. It was funny to have a crazy guy in the show and it was also funny to see everyone walk through Daniel butm other than that, it was dull.
  • Very funny.

This episode starts with a great piece of visual effects of the pyramid. The humor in this episode is top notch with the highlight being Jack falling out of bed. My biggest complaint for this episode is some of the green screen shots were horrible especially when the rocks move over Teal'cs head. The highlight of this episode is the chemistry between Daniel and his grandfather who was played perfectly by Jan Rubeš. The mist aliens were a bit ridiculous but I wish they would have brought them back. The final scene was touching and both actors did a masterful job. Overall this was a solid stand alone episode.
  • A very unusual episode with "giant aliens"...

This episode was definitely a black sheep among season 3, very unusual and far-out concepts make this episode a real treat. The crystal skulls are very intriguing artifacts in real life and they are no less intriguing in this episode. I can't remember for certain, but I believe this is the first time anyone on SG-1 goes "out-of-phase", a very strange concept for an equally strange artifact. On top of all that the pyramid in which the skull is found is one of the coolest sets ever on SG-1. I loved the team members different reactions to the cavern inside of the pyramid.

Daniel: "You could fit every pyramid in Giza in here!"
    Sam: Talks about neutrinos, I don't remember exactly what she said.
    JacK: (peering over the edge into the bottom of the cavern) "I wonder how far down that is?"

Classic. Nick Ballard was an interesting character and he was pretty believable, and had a lot of passion when he saw the pyramid again. There were also the usual Jack/Teal'c funny moments like at the insane asylum. Oh, and of course the giant aliens were pretty unusual and somewhat hokey, but believable enough to move the story. Pretty good and very unusual episode.
  • All illusions say they are not the illusions...

It was quite funny episode, I most say. I loved the way Daniel was invisible and noone saw him... and all the talking... and.. it was really lovely but most have been desperate for him.

I also like that Daniel's grandfather was brought in - he really added some more depth to Daniel. Specially added some more depth to the story the fact that Daniel's grandfather was on mental institution. And that he had met those aliens before.. and then try to prove it to others that he sees Daniel.. and he is not insane..

So.. it was quite funny, many great sayings, humor, little action.
  • Daniel needs help!

Daniel needs help from his team. His team suggests get help from Daniel's grandfather. Daniel's grandfather do had a experience from Crystal skull years ago! When Nick settled down in his guest room, Daniel was there already. Nick talked to him and hear him talking. Daniel was angry that Nick pretend Daniel is not real or halluction either. Daniel quickly explained what happened to him. Nick helped him to get back to normal. Nick is only person can see him because Nick had a experience, I repeat. I love this episode because it is focused on Daniel Jackson. I love it! Great Episode!
  • Meet Daniels Grandfather.

This was a differnt episode than that to which we are norammly used to. It was very well done and prehaps more episodes should be like it. Daniel touches a crystal skull and isput out of phase because Tel'c Zaps the device before it is finished with Daniel, SG1 has to find out what has happened to Daniel even thought they can't see him. They turn to his grandfather who has fun into a Skull like this beofre which transported him to the same cave were Daniel disappeared. The team finally work out a way to get Daniel back but leave his grandfather with the Giants to learn more about the race. Overall it was a good episode. Intresting story that was well written. its a shame there is not more episode like this.
  • A funny but very silly episode, but perhaps too silly even for Stargate.

This episode is quite the mixed package. On the one hand, it is really funny, but on the other hand it is rather silly.

One thing that I must say is worth noting is that not only is this episode funny, but that a lot of the humour is derived from the rest of SG-1 rather than O'Neill. It's a very nice change to see Teal'c and Daniel (especially Daniel) providing the humour, but I really wished Carter (or more accurately Amanda Tapping) had an opportunity to be funny as well.

Regardless of this little criticism, there is a lot of humour generated from this classic science fiction concept. My personal favourite gags include "Oh yes, by the way, he's insane", the whole "Jack, don't be an ass" thing, and pretty much everything O'Neill says about the pyramid.

However, this is a rather silly episode. I mean, first you have the giant smoke-alien, and that's about as silly as you can get on this show. But my least favourite thing about this episode is the 'effect' of the close up on both O'Neill and later on Teal'c as they run across the narrow path. It just looks stupid, and shouldn't have been in the episode at all. However, another aspect that could've turned out very badly was the story told by Nick about his encounter with the skull. Jan Rubeš who plays Nick Ballard give such a great performance in this episode, and in particular makes that rendition very effective. He also had such a great chemistry with Michael Shanks, and it's a shame that he wouldn't be seen again in the series.

In summary, as I mentioned before this is very much a mixed package of an episode, and is certainly one that will split audiences. It is really funny and there are many great gags throughout (although surprisingly I'm not a fan of the "Nintendos" line, as I feel it's too forced), but there are times where it becomes way too silly. Still, if you want a good laugh and aren't too critical, this is a really fun episode.
  • fine episode of stargate i liked it

fine episode of stargate i liked it, seems over looked by the stargate fandom they really need to have a follow up episode to let us know what Nicks been up to with these giant aliens i personnlly have allways thought that these giant aliens are the Furlings but then they screened that "paradice lost" episode so that sort of blow that idea out of the water. but back to this episode they used the phase "the enamy of my enamy is my friend but but we have found no eveidnce that these giant aliens are in any type of conflict with the goa'uld but it would be cool to see them kicking some snake butt... all and all 9/10 for me.