Stargate SG-1

Crystal Skull

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 03, 2000 on Syfy

• A very unusual episode with "giant aliens"...

This episode was definitely a black sheep among season 3, very unusual and far-out concepts make this episode a real treat. The crystal skulls are very intriguing artifacts in real life and they are no less intriguing in this episode. I can't remember for certain, but I believe this is the first time anyone on SG-1 goes "out-of-phase", a very strange concept for an equally strange artifact. On top of all that the pyramid in which the skull is found is one of the coolest sets ever on SG-1. I loved the team members different reactions to the cavern inside of the pyramid.

Daniel: "You could fit every pyramid in Giza in here!"
    Sam: Talks about neutrinos, I don't remember exactly what she said.
    JacK: (peering over the edge into the bottom of the cavern) "I wonder how far down that is?"

Classic. Nick Ballard was an interesting character and he was pretty believable, and had a lot of passion when he saw the pyramid again. There were also the usual Jack/Teal'c funny moments like at the insane asylum. Oh, and of course the giant aliens were pretty unusual and somewhat hokey, but believable enough to move the story. Pretty good and very unusual episode.