Stargate SG-1

Desperate Measures

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 07, 2001 on Syfy

• The Stargate isnt even used, but its still thrill central

What a fab episdoe, this had got everything that made Stargate suc a great series. Easily my fave of series five so far. Any episode that had Maybourne and the NID comminting henious crimes alwys has me wanting more.
    The lengths that SG 1 go to to save one of their team is brilliant, all the characters are excellently cast from the tramp, security guards and naziesque doctors. When they said they were going to remove a peice of Carters brain for medical science I was terrified.
    This show reminded me of the X - Files with te two faced corrupt government agents and the team not being allowed ot make all things public knowledge.
    A kickass episode from beginning to end, real edge of your seat stuff with a dab of plitical intrigue thrown in.
  • Let Goa'ulds run free...

7.4
    mm.. Carter gets kidnapped - that sounds like a good storyline and it is - the conspiracy network where they are, finding the clues, Maybourne being part of it.. it is all good - little action too when they with SWAP (who gets lost as soon as they enter the building and we never see them again :P why?) to find Carter from old building. They found her - and there the story should end.. little more emotion, little more tragic.. it could have been good.. but then comes the real end - and before it little running around what looks weird... and then shooting of O'Neill and all with that Goa'uld.. anyway... not too logical episode - because why NID would need Goa'uld.. where those people even heard about the Goa'ulds and that Carter had one? I do not know..
  • Sam is kidnapped ... Jack and Daniel set out to find and rescue her with their old friend, Maybourne's help.

Great episode! It adds a lot to the series. The villanous character of Colonel John Symmonds (John de Lancie) is expanded upon. John de Lancie in my opinion, is one of the best actors from the Star Trek TNG, DS9 and Voyager series'. I am watching Stargate in sequential order on DVD, and this episode adds to the drama and suspense pertaining to the darker side of the government, interfering with the Stargate program.

I look forward to continue watching the series as these new, darker events unfold.

Definitely this is one you will not want to miss, and seems to be a precursor to more episodes with an X-Files flavor!