Stargate SG-1

Dominion

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 15, 2007 on Syfy

• I thought this was brilliant but for some reason there was still some part of me that did not enjoy this fully.

This epiosde bugs me and I can't work out why, it's almost as if they tried to do too much in one episode, but at the same time they did everything I was expecting. It's weird.

I liked the use of the memory machine, I was wondering if we'd ever see that again, that was good. I like the fact that we still don't know for sure if the Ori are dead. I really like the fact that the Odyssey has a cloak, so I apologise to the people in the forum who I disagreed with over that. I was convinced that was just a one time only thing. I liked Ba'al in this episode, I thought he was brilliant as always.

BUT

I found a lot of what happened predictable, As soon as the Jaffa beamed down I knew Ba'al was gonna put a snake in her. That was obvious. I knew that something was up at the beginning when you saw Vala in the bar with Adria.

I was shocked by how quickly they dealt with Adria though, I thought for sure she was gonna pop into the film. But failing that, I certainly didn't think she was gonna ascend. I thought the whole point was you had to be slightly good to do that, although what with the Ori and all nowadays I'm guessing the rule book has slightly changed. Eitherway, surely even with Adria as an ascendant now she can't do much without incurring the wrath of the Alterans. It would be like Daniel ascended all over again.

I liked the new details on the Hatak, I noticed that in Bounty, someone's obviously put a hell of a lot of effort into those, but there did seem to be a mistake. When Ba'als hatak went into hyperspace, there was no window, it just disappeared Star Trek style. I think that was a mistake, although as the cloak shows, I may be very wrong.

It just seemed like so much happened in the episode, because theoretically this is the end, because next week is all looking into the future. I enjoyed this, don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, apart from the Odyssey Commander, I did not like him at all. The complete opposite of what we have had before.

I liked this episode, but it seemed to be more about tying up loose ends, while being entertaining, rather than being entertaining, and tying up loose ends at the same time. It felt to me, like their priorities were slightly in the wrong place.

That said this was brilliant, and it's hard to believe that I'm only one episode away from the end of my favourite show of all time.