Stargate SG-1

Dominion

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 15, 2007 on Syfy

• Ba'al has once again established himself as a great bad guy! When SG-1 decides to use Adria's love for Vala to bait her, it is actually Ba'al who takes advantage of the prize.

I remember when we were first introduced to the Prior's last season, all I could think about was the possibility of a Goa'uld blending with one of them, and becoming this powerful being; that notion sort of left my mind over the past season or so. Then Ba'al does just the thing I had imagined with a big twist; instead of the prior, he uses the Orici! Commanding a fleet as big and powerful as the Ori army would be the ultimate power play in the galaxy, and as usual he pulls it off very well. I did give this episode a 9, but I still had my questions. How is it that someone as powerful as Adria was able to fall victim to the mind control of a Goa'uld? Though Ba'al mentioned that it took a great deal of strength, I would think he would not have control for long. In fact I think the only thing holding Adria back was the inhibitor.

The plan to use the Tok'ra to use Adria to command her fleet to retreat was a pretty good plan, but it was too short lived. It of course was a way to bridge the gap of taking Adria from imprisonment by Ba'al to her inevitable ascension. This was of course an important step because it gave the Ori presence again, and really gave the Ori a face as did the introduction of Adria in the first place. We of course are unsure as to the fate of the Ori, but as SG-1 pointed out, either she joined the ranks, or she has assumed all the power they left behind. This episode was definitely a fine example of the SG-1 legacy. Though it was not the best ever, it was spot on with the formula that has been successful time and time again. Next week we are going to have a bitter-sweet moment, but from what I hear, it's a kick arse episode! Looking forward to next week!!