Stargate SG-1

Enemy Mine

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 25, 2003 on Syfy

• Once again we revisit the Unas! A true episode that represents Daniel Jackson and all he stands for!

7.6
    Enemy Mine was definitely not the greatest episode of Stargate I’ve ever seen, but that isn’t saying that it wasn’t excellent in its art. The character that amused me beyond all others was Colonel Edwards, who reminded me oddly enough of Phil Collins. It was another scientist versus military episode with Daniel going head to head with Edwards. Oddly enough, it didn’t seem quite as typical as most others of this type. They did a great job of making Daniel the headline character after Lifeboat in which the actual character of Daniel Jackson only makes a brief appearance at that the beginning of the episode, the middle, and then one more at the end. They managed to get Sam working on a ‘science project’ as O’Neill calls it, and injure O’Neill to get him out of the episode as well. At this point, it’s only Teal’c and Daniel left.

They find the Unas tribe and with the help of Chaka, their old Unas friend, they manage to begin trying to work on peace for both. They need the naquahda from the mine on the planet, but the Unas think of it as sacred land. The military gives Daniel only a short amount of time to work out an agreement with the Unas. This really shows that the Daniel Jackson character cares for all living things and really wants to work out something. He wants to protect these Unas in any way that he can and even goes into the wild alone with Chaka and the Unas to try to work something out.

The real credit goes to the makeup department for this episode. Obviously, they put a huge amount of work into the Unas wardrobe as they always do. I’m going to give this episode a 7.6 because even though the plot kept you going, there was no specific acting that showed itself in this episode, nor did most of the team show up at all.