Stargate SG-1

Evolution (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 22, 2003 on Syfy

• A super soldier: appearance close to Darth Vader and a strength surpassing any Goa’uld. Though a little tacky, it is a new challenge.

7.6
    I missed Jack O’Neill at the start of the episode, but that was almost immediately forgotten when ‘Dad’ came. I love Argentinio and think it’s a shame he’s not more often on the show.

Daniel’s quest into the Honduras jungle started of a bit dull, but that quickly changed. First the swimming pool he created and than getting caught by the rebels. Again his fascination with archeology gets him in big trouble. Daniel stayed remarkably cool under pressure.

The military going after a super soldier that is in every way stronger than them was very cool. The force shield was cool, the firefight was cool and the grenade was cool too. When the C-4 didn’t kill it, I was starting to think that nothing could. It was new that Jack was even considering surrendering to the Goa’uld; he never did that before. But I guess it does show he cares about the people under his command. I loved his speech; it was very… convincing.

The creature under the mask was very scary, even though it doesn’t seem to be able to much more than following orders. The revelation on the end of the episode wasn’t a great cliff-hanger, but the episode was a good ‘to be continued’ story.