Stargate SG-1

Ex Deus Machina

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 26, 2005 on Syfy

• Though not one of my favorite storylines, it had some good stuff in it.

7.6
    As I made clear in the past: I don’t really like Jaffa storylines. Therefore this is not one of the episodes I love. But excluding that stuff, I did like that Ba’al is on earth and trying to form a Jaffa army as an evil businessman. He does look kinda good in a suit. The choice to team up Daniel and Sam, and Teal’c and Cameron, I liked to: The warriors and the scientist. Plus I’ve always liked the always ‘sibling’ like chemistry between the two.

One thing I do like about this episode is that Colonel Samantha Carter is back, permanently this time. Though she’s still a little the new kid on the block after leaving, Amanda Tapping’s acting is as good as ever. I really liked her scene with Sonya Salomaa. Both women with considerable influence and as they are talking to each other you can really sense the rivalry.

The story that there’s a bomb on earth and a mother ship in the moon’s orbit, I didn’t like so much, but the stakeout it led to was fun. Though I had expected it to come, I loved the scene between agent Barrett and Colonel Carter. Though I expected the answer to my eternal question (Will Jack and Sam get together?) already, I finally have confirmation.

I thought it was a bit predictable that they sent the building up in space. Everything together: I liked the things that happened in the episode, but didn’t like the storyline so much.