Stargate SG-1

Exodus (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 23, 2001 on Syfy

• Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?

This episode features the "Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?" Trope.

Villains (and occasionally darker Anti Heroes) frequently find themselves in conundrums that could easily be solved by finding the right person and shooting them. But rare is the villain who actually takes this direct approach.

Example: "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery"

Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?

Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.
  • Another excellent cliffhanger episode. Oh and there's that Jaffa revenge thing...

Awesome way to end the season. This is classic SG-1, the team is given an impossible situation and comes up with the craziest, coolest solution possible, in this case they blow up a sun, an event that gets alluded to many times over later in the series. Jacob is in this episode and as always I enjoyed his company on the mission. Jack had a lot of good jokes in reference to their newly captured Hat'ak, and that really helped move things along. I think it goes without saying that this is a pivotal episode, and definitely one you won't want to miss. Despite ultimately being a cliffhanger, this episode encompasses the largest victory Earth has against the Goa'uld until the end of Season 7. Action, humor, and heart, it is indeed a classic episode.
  • It most have to be joke...

So, we have a very exciting and adventurous episode - first the mad plan to use stargate and dial to the black home planet in order to turn sun into supernova and just get away before that happens. Ofcourse things do not work out fine and when Teal'c is off on his little own personal business, he gets caught by Apophis, the others managed to repair their ship in the last minute, get O'Neill and get off... to find them selves 5 seconds later on the another galaxy.. and Apophis is there too.. with only a bigger ship. So, a total cliffhanger after really exciting episode.
  • Whats going to happen. Ah man another cliffhanger.

Whats going to happen. Ah man another cliffhanger. Just like all the final episodes of the season on stargate, a cliffhanger. I'm not saying it is a bad thing though, It gets people to watch next season to see what happens. Anyway to my reveiw, this episode was awsome. Lots of the episodes in the season lead up to this, and at the end you just want to find out what happens. Action at every turn, and Apophis just does not know how to die. This was one of my favorite episodes and I can't wait to find out what happens.