Stargate SG-1

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 14, 1998 on Syfy

• Sleep Gas

This is an episode about loyalties, and the situation/mission really polished up aspects of the main characters. Is it family first, race first, culture first, or mission first? So many good double crosses. I love it when the characters act intelligently, so the sleep gas seems like a good move, same with the tractor drone that goes through in advance. I was on the edge of my seat for this one and I just loved the double cross where O'Neill disintegrates that guy, after warning him first. Cross and double-cross! Lastly, let's not forget to take a bow for the natural beauty of Canada.
  • Boring! Story of Teal'c again!

This is so boring episode ever I watched. It was focused on Jaffas! I hate watching Jaffa stories. I dislike Teal'c. I hate when it is focused on Teal'c. I loves to focus on Daniel. Daniel is my favorite character on SG1. This episode is so out of point and blah, blah, blah. Teal c's wife has remarried but of course she had it old marriage removed almost like divorced. I can't believe she did it, what stupid of her divorced him because he did not came home with his family. But his ex wife want marry again to different man because Teal'c want to stay with SG1 team to protect galaxies. In this episode, Teal'c didnt tell the team that he had family of his own. He should told them. I hate this episode!!!
  • I don't like seeing Teal'c smile

What I like about Teal'c is his lack of emotions. In this second episode about his family he smiles, almost cries, kisses - and I don't think this suits him. There was no Bra'tac-O'Neal interaction, and actor who plays Rya'c is really bad at it - the scene when Teal'c speaks to him and tries to "unbrainwash" him, his faces - it was just a bad acting.

And some good news for Teal'c - his new wife (Brook Susan Parker) is equally hot as his old one:) (Salli Richardson-Whitfield)

Sorry for my English
    Greets from Poland, where we love SG as much as you do!

The SG-1 team attempt to rescue Teal'c's son, who has been kidnapped and brainwashed by Apophis. Teal'c learns disturbing news about his wife. Yawn. The only interesting part for this episode is the end. Because it's over! Several important questions remain at the episode end. Will another System Lord move to overthrow Apophis? If he survived the destruction of Apophis's ship, where is Skaara / Klorel now? Was Rya'c truly freed from the mind control, or is he still pretending, in order to escape? Since Drey'auc had her marriage to Teal'c "removed," is she still married to Teal'c by Chulak law?
  • not a very good episode...

Bra'tec comes to earth to tell Teal'c that his son has been taken by Apophis and so then Teal'c and the SG-1 team go off to try to save him and bring him home. Unfortunately, Teal'c son was brainwashed and almost spread a virus throughout earth and yadda yadda. Of course, the boy is unbrainwashed and sent to another planet to live happily ever after. Overall, it was a really boreing episode. There were a couple of good moments, but it was mainly boreing. I've never liked Teal'c's story line and this episode proves it. It was dull, slow, predicatable, and boreing.
  • Teal'c and the rest of SG-1 attempt to rescue his son...

Teal'c returns to Chulak to get his son back from Apophis. This was a pretty fun episode and it was nice to see Teal'c's family again. Much to their shock Teal'c's son resists SG-1's efforts to bring him home and he eventually tries to destroy the SGC and earth. The episode was somewhat predictable, but it was entertaining nonetheless. The guest stars, aside from Apophis, were not real riveting, but they were adequate for getting the story across. Even Bra'tac was less humorous than usual. The high point of this episode for me was the resolution ( or maybe temporary resolution ) of the Teal'c family storyline.
  • Family reunion

I liked this episode, the first thing that pops on my head. It was different and not any development on larger scale but it was enjoyable to watch, little more into Teal'c and his wife and son, not that I like him or.. On SG-1 team, he is my least favorite character but he does have some interesting sides what make great storylines.

I liked the love triangle thing - how two people who are comrades and who promise to be friends, are torn apart by someone they both love. Sadly, the wife in this case, had no feelings for the one, so I would say I understand his betrayal. I think it was quite interesting storyline to bring in.
  • Another boring Jaffa episode

This episode starts with the revealation that Apophis did not die on his ship like the team assumed but did any fan actually believe that he could die so early in the show. The best part of this episode is of course Bra'tac and another great preformance by Tony. As for the plot, it is a little silly and boring at times. I have always disliked the Jaffa episodes because most are very boring and do not progress the arcs. I also do not like the Ry'ac brainwashing and the resolution was kind of stupid but was explained in a later episode Seth. Overall a mediocore episode that had very little humor.
  • This episode revolves around Teal'c and his family more than anything else.

I'm a fan of Teal'c's so I like that they had an episode revolving around him and his family. I think the writers could have done a better job, but overall it was a good episode.

There were some slow points, let me rephrase that, there were many slow points. But I think that's how a lot of character development episodes are.

I would have thought that Teal'c would of been a little smarter and see that his son was still under mind control. Just because it was his son, he wanted to believe that Rya'c could defeat Apophis' mind control. I find that very unlikely for such a small child.

Overall, this was a good episode. Like I said, it could have been better.
  • Teal'c must save his son from Apophis. If you're a Teal'c fan, this is a great episode for you. For the rest of you, you might find it hard to watch.

I have always like Teal'c, but the story in this episode didn't cut it for me.

Teal'c must go back to his home world with SG1 - with help from his old teacher - in order to save his son (who's been kidnapped by Apophis). When they reach him, they find out that he's been brainwashed to believe that his own father is a traitor to the Goa'uld, and that Apophis is a real god. They are able to take him back to Earth, and discover that he was unknowingly carrying a virus that could have spread throughout the world in days. Using shock therapy, they are able to reverse the effects of the brainwashing on Teal'c's son. Knowing that his family would be restricted to SGC for the rest of their lives, they decide to go and live in the Land of Light.

Since this episode is focused around Teal'c and his family, it is up to Christopher Judge to sell it. However, since his character doesn't allow to show much emotion or affection - elements that are necessary in a story like this - it is very hard for him to pull it off. As for the rest of the cast, the acting is fine. For people that say that child actors can't act, I think that Neil Denis (Rya'c) did a pretty good job as Teal'c's son. The story is a little dry, and there's not much development, but overall this is a descent episode.
  • A bit slow for my taste, with a few scenes that make me wince a little.

Once again this just isn't my kind of episode. To be honest I just found it a little slow and boring, with only a few moments of humour throughout. Judging from the episodes score, it seems I'm not alone in this judgement.

Well, first off it's great to see the classic moment of O'Neill in the serpent-guard outfit, and his classic one-liner. There's also the emotional element of Teal'c dealing with the revelation of his wife's situation, and with his son, but these didn't really work for me.

To be honest, the scenes with Teal'c and his son were pretty hard to watch. I'm just not a big fan of child actors, and there's only so much screaming and yelling from a child that one can tolerate. Even when he was shot with a zat-gun, and his sudden change of heart, I just didn't believe it.

However, despite being a very dull episode for me, this is an episode necessary for the story arc. So, if you do choose to show this to a soon-to-be SG1 fan, ask them to try and forgive this episode for its shortcomings. Or, you could always just tell them what happens, and skip the episode entirely. I'll leave it up to you.
  • Teal'C returns to his world to discover that his son has been kidnapped and brainwashed to worship Apothos and call his father a traitor.

I personally love this episode. "Family" is a great Teal'C episode where tries to rescue his family, hence the name. Every single thing about this story really did speak to me, and how things have changed even more so in Teal'C's world. The actor who played the son of Teal'C did a really good job in this episode, he made the character very realistic and added a lot of emotion to the story. This is probably going to go down as one of my favorite episodes of the series. So far, it's already my favorite episode of the season. If you like Teal'C episodes, you will love this one.