Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

A question about episode "The Nox"

pferreira86

[1]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 17
    I re-watched the episode The Nox yesterday and although I've already seen it about three times there's this one scene that has always baffled me. There's this bit near the beginning where Jack comes out the Stargate to the Nox world. But we don't see anyone else come out of the gate. Jack looks around in confusion as to where everyone is and the viewer is made to believe that he's been separated from the others until Daniel, Sam and Teal'c arrive a minute later. Why did the director choose to direct this scene is such a way that it makes the viewer think Jack's been separated from the others when he hasn't. Shouldn't they wait for each other after coming out the gate? He can't have been that far behind them when they went through to begin with. It is rather oddly directed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zampognaro

[2]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    I agree that scene was a bit weird. They explain it straight away though ... as Teal'c says that he thought he noticed that invisible animal they were looking for, and they all went to look for it. Jack must have been lagging a bit behind.
    I have another theory for you: The Nox could have made the rest of the SG1 team invisible to Jack at the beginning (for their protection maybe?)- but as soon as they realized that he was part of the same team, they made them visible again. But, that feels like I'm clutching at straws there

Finnegan77

[3]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 27
    I think it is rather a foreshadowing that nothing is as it appears on this world. Soon after SG-1 find each other, the Stargate "disappears". The Nox are great at hiding things, misdirection, so separating the team from one another as soon as they arrive on the planet might go along with that. The rest of the team doesn't seem too weirded out by the whole thing, just Jack as he arrives with no one in sight. I agree that it is odd, but everything on that world is odd.

jrsgalaxy

[4]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 14
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    I think it is rather a foreshadowing that nothing is as it appears on this world. Soon after SG-1 find each other, the Stargate "disappears". The Nox are great at hiding things, misdirection, so separating the team from one another as soon as they arrive on the planet might go along with that. The rest of the team doesn't seem too weirded out by the whole thing, just Jack as he arrives with no one in sight. I agree that it is odd, but everything on that world is odd.
    I dont remember that. Its been months since Ive the episode though. But the reasoning on the second post seems very plausible and not grasping at straws at all. Good job. ANd that is true Finnegan. They are great at misdirection.

pferreira86

[5]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 17
    Thanks for all the responses guys! You've all made valid points. It is a weird planet. Every time I watch that scene just for a moment you think something might of happened to the rest of the team. However, logically the scene makes no sense, as I said before I don't think they're just supposed to wander off like that. I agree in this case the director traded logic for a spooky dramatic atmosphere.
    Edited on 02/23/2009 6:08am

seto1

[6]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    Where did the thread go maybe the nox made it invisible.