Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Colonel Cameron Mitchel or no Colonel Cameron Mitchel

alison_974

[21]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 17
    manwithaplan42 wrote:
    Browder is a terrific actor, you just have to look at the difference between Mitchell's personality and that of Jon Crichton from Farscape. So I'm saying with, because he is different than O'neill. I would compare him more to Sheppard from Atlantis than O'neill and that is no bad thing.

I totally agree!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ganados

[22]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 4

He was a good choice and works well with comedy, only Tealc, Oniell and Hammond could do that and since two have now left, they had to bring him in.

Edited on 12/10/2006 12:33pm

krzysztofff

[23]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    You see... The dialogue betweens Mitchell and Daniel sometimes are great like that one in the fourth horseman 2... I miss RDA too, he will be my favourite actor and character in Stargate, but I know that he wants to rest. When I saw the second part of the "The Return" in Atlantis and RDA in full action... Yeah thats was that Show must go on...Take it or leave it

Sookie_Lorelai

[24]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 12
    with out he so up him self

alison_974

[25]Dec 31, 2006
    WITH WITH WITH!!!

...and all that jazz

Telkiar

[26]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 10
    If there was no Mitchell there would be no SG:1. He is single handedly responsible for bringing the team back together.

alison_974

[27]Dec 31, 2006
    Yes I forgot about that.... he brought them back together, of course they only wrote them apart so the coud bring them back together, but thats beside the point.

GeoFlame

[28]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 8

juct cause he has his own comedic edge doesnt mean hes the same and/or replacing Jack. Like really I dont see him being the same as jack in anyway except that both make jokes (well there written to do so) but Mitchel has a different way of doing so and is also young so lots of jacks old jokes and such wont work for him so they never write him like that meaning he isnt replacing nor is the same. They wrote a backstory and everything for him so he could be a new character thats leading the team.

RDA is great and all but give the guy and break he's been in tv a long time, maybe in the movies he will be back but he has his own life to worry about. they needed I new guy and I think bringing ben in was a great idea he works well and then Vala being who she is works great too. They did the ep very good like he was there to lead SG1 and it wasnt just like heres your new leader now go off on adventures it took time before they decided to come back together and that to me was a nice way of doing so.

Though now im good with it but I sorta thought maybe they should have had carter leading the team and a new character under her command and not the other way around but then the leader does have to be comedic I believe just to make the show what it is.

alison_974

[29]Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah, Carter had her chance in S8 but it didn't really make an impact... though I don't really see Mitchell as leader, they sort of share the leadership i think. it's good that they're the same rank cos they just call each other by first names and not ranks.

Scrubs_away

[30]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 9
    Yeah, i agree on that one. I reckon they're better off sharing leadership. works better. But i defiantely say WITH!!! Even though RDA left, Ben still brings humour to the show, which is similar to Oneill's(with 2 l's). Which is a good thing.

alison_974

[31]Jan 3, 2007
    It's funny, I wrote that comment yesterday and then i saw the episode "insiders" (with all the Ba'als) anyway they're going on a mission and Mitchell says to Landry that he knows he doesn't have control cos he and carter are the same rank, teal'c an alien and Daniel a civilian... i don't remember the exact words, but it kinda goes with what i said yesterday... they're more of a group working together than being led by one person.

Telkiar

[32]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 10
    That might be what makes it more enjoyable now, too. In a military matter both he and Carter are the same, but overall it is more like a group effort. instead of one man, his second in command, the grunt and the geek comming up last.

Clemontine

[33]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 23
    With. I think Mitchell is different from O'Neill. So what if he is also sarcastic? Jack didnt invent sarcasm. That is the only similarity besides they both led SG-1. Jack is much more dense, in a good way of course.

ashman2

[34]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 24

alison_974 wrote:
    Yeah, Carter had her chance in S8 but it didn't really make an impact... though I don't really see Mitchell as leader, they sort of share the leadership i think. it's good that they're the same rank cos they just call each other by first names and not ranks.

Yeah, there was that episode I think this season, where Mitchell explained to Landry that he never feels like he's in charge because Daniel's a civilian, Teal'c's Jaffa and Sam's the same rank as him.

tv_daydreamer

[35]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    we all love carter we all love jack, and i love cameron... they have all been good leaders in my eyes. i would not mind if they all stayed and ran SG-1 like one big, happy, overcrowded family.i could be me just being super emotional, now that the seriesis ending.('specially since i just got hooked).They could even bring back jonas quin!*sniffles* sorry,i'm WAY too emotional.

jezzasparky

[36]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 3

alison_974 wrote:
    manwithaplan42 wrote:
    Browder is a terrific actor, you just have to look at the difference between Mitchell's personality and that of Jon Crichton from Farscape. So I'm saying with, because he is different than O'neill. I would compare him more to Sheppard from Atlantis than O'neill and that is no bad thing.
    I totally agree!!!

Amen!!!

While I miss RDA I think Ben Browder is absolutely fantastic

and he IS different to O'neill (and O'neill does not hold the copyright on sarcastic humour!)

WITH WITH WITH!!!

Jungchen_isti

[37]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    i like Ben Browder a lot! Very good actor! He amazed me in Farscape! And he has done a great job in SG-1 too!
    He isn't there to replace O'Neill, he is a whole new character.
    I have been very skeptical about bringing him into the show, but now I'm glad they did it, because the two seasons with him worked very well and gave a new touch to the show.

MelbourneAussie

[38]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 5

I like Ben Browder/Col. Cameron Mitchell so it's a "WITH" for me.

In fact I like him so much that when he joined Stargate SG-1 and I learned he'd been in a Sci Fi show called Farscape, I went and rented every episode (except The Peace Keeper Wars which I'll be hunting down very soon). Appearance wise, I think Ben looks even better on Stargate than he did on Farscape. He looked as though he had lost some weight and toned up a bit prior to joining Stargate. Both Ben and Claudia were excellent additions to the show and I've never once thought they were responsible for the show being axed.

Fwirrel

[39]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 52
    ashman2 wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, O'Neill made Stargate what it is, but he could never come back and play his old role because, well he's a General, and he's...dare I day it...getting older! He's still got it, there's no denying it, but I think he'd be better suited to commanding a ship or something like that.

I agree. O'Neill was a great character but he just can't come back now to lead the team. However, I really don't like Mitchel and I wish they chose a different replacement for O'Neill. I think the team would have been fine with Sam leading it and then adding a new random military member under her rank. Oh well.

avi01

[40]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 26
    Mitchel is a cool character.but there`s nobody quite like O`Neill.