Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Daniel Jackson Death Count

serenity01

[1]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 15

Okay I'm pretty sure someone has already started this, but I don't really wanna go through the whole message board looking for it.

So I'm curious if anyone has count on how many times Daniel's died in all 10 years of the show?

Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[2]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 23

Well, I don't know. Does anyone else?

pwells01

[3]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    I'm not sure, either. Excluding parallel universe/alternate timeline episodes, I remember three times during the series, in "The Nox", "Meridian", and "Reckoning (2)".

Telkiar

[4]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    :
    Daniel's first death is through a staff blast while he defends O'Neill; he is resurrected by Ra with a sarcophagus in the film. Daniel dies of radiation poisoning in season 5's "Meridian" and Ascends to a higher plane until season 7, and is killed by RepliCarter at the very end of "Reckoning" and is seen at a midway point between Ascension and mortality before finally being brought back to life in "Threads". Daniel is also killed by Teal'c several times in a virtual reality system in "Avatar". Other deaths generally involve Daniel's teammates: they die in "The Nox" (where they get resurrected by the Nox), in the alternate future of "2010", their robot versions are killed in "Double Jeopardy", a Goa'uld-possessed alternate timeline version of Daniel is shot by Teal'c in "Moebius", while in another timeline in the same episode, all of SG-1 are killed except Daniel. In Stargate: Continuum, SG-1 minus Mitchell are killed in an alternate timeline created by Baal.

jrsgalaxy

[5]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    Telkiar wrote:
    :
    Daniel's first death is through a staff blast while he defends O'Neill; he is resurrected by Ra with a sarcophagus in the film. Daniel dies of radiation poisoning in season 5's "Meridian" and Ascends to a higher plane until season 7, and is killed by RepliCarter at the very end of "Reckoning" and is seen at a midway point between Ascension and mortality before finally being brought back to life in "Threads". Daniel is also killed by Teal'c several times in a virtual reality system in "Avatar". Other deaths generally involve Daniel's teammates: they die in "The Nox" (where they get resurrected by the Nox), in the alternate future of "2010", their robot versions are killed in "Double Jeopardy", a Goa'uld-possessed alternate timeline version of Daniel is shot by Teal'c in "Moebius", while in another timeline in the same episode, all of SG-1 are killed except Daniel. In Stargate: Continuum, SG-1 minus Mitchell are killed in an alternate timeline created by Baal.

WOW!! That was succint . and nice to see you back Telkiar...not too many post here anymore since the show got cancelled or ended whatever suits you better. Remember when it used to be rockin here ...If i was gone for two days or more it would take me like two or three hours just to read the new posts and reply..

CaptainHarkness

[6]Nov 22, 2008
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    Telkiar wrote:
    :
    WOW!! That was succint . and nice to see you back Telkiar...not too many post here anymore since the show got cancelled or ended whatever suits you better. Remember when it used to be rockin here ...If i was gone for two days or more it would take me like two or three hours just to read the new posts and reply..
    Wow that is a lot. I wouldn't have thougt of most of those.

MajLorne

[7]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    jrsgalaxy wrote:

Yeah, this place is empty ever since SG-1 ended. Atlantis is going to be the same at the end of its run as well

CaptainHarkness

[8]Nov 24, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    Yeah, this place is empty ever since SG-1 ended. Atlantis is going to be the same at the end of its run as well
    Then we'll all move over to the Universe forums.

MajLorne

[9]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    Of course - assuming the show lives up to the level of these 2 shows.

sajwest

[10]Nov 28, 2008

Universe doesn't have a forum yet does it?

I'm still in 2 minds about that show.I'll give it a go because it is Stargate,and they haven't let me down yet,but I'm still annoyed that they had to cancel Atlantis to make it.

pwells01

[11]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 16
    sajwest wrote:

Universe doesn't have a forum yet does it?

I'm still in 2 minds about that show.I'll give it a go because it is Stargate,and they haven't let me down yet,but I'm still annoyed that they had to cancel Atlantis to make it.

It's here, although pretty empty for now:

Stargate Universe Forum

I feel the same way. Because I've been very happy with Stargate, I will certainly give it a chance, but I'm bummed about Atlantis as well.

Telkiar

[12]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    MajLorne wrote:
    Of course - assuming the show lives up to the level of these 2 shows.

it won't