Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Just Finished Watching Season 10!! Perfection!!!

jrsgalaxy

[1]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 14

JUST finished marathon season 10 a couple of days ago. I had never seen the whole season straight thru and come to think of it I think I had only seen a handful of episodes here and there since it they were airing and now. But finally thanks to Target and the Thanksgiving sale I was finally able to buy it and call it my own...I thought I would never be able to watch it..I still haven't seen the movies yet because of this . I was seriously considering giving up on SG-1 altogether..until I finally was able to purchase it for $20 bucks. I WAS LOST, BUt NOW IM FOUND!! THank you Stargate !!

ANyways end rant

.THis season was extraordinary. THe acting was so good. The stories were well written. Liked the arcs progressed to the season finale . Awesome I tell you . Awesome!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    ok man calm down what was your favorite episode,i loved the last one

jrsgalaxy

[3]Dec 9, 2008
    seto1 wrote:
    ok man calm down what was your favorite episode,i loved the last one

I particularly liked Bounty. INsiders, Dominion and THe Quest two-parters were among my favorites. ANd of 200 and the final episode were awesome too. But my absolute favorite has to be the Shroud.

CaptainHarkness

[4]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    I'm glad that you enjoyed season 10. It is an awesome season. I too, liked the Shroud, 200, and I also liked The Pegasus Project.

avi01

[5]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 26
    Season 10 was solid indeed. The quest episodes were awesome along with Shroud and some others but 200 is among my all time favorite episodes for any show...perfect tribute.

seto1

[6]Dec 12, 2008
    200 was not a personally favorite cause of the spoofs of those other shows telc pi what a joke

pinchasb

[7]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    Loved 200 great episode.

jrsgalaxy

[8]Dec 13, 2008
    Really loved the Shroud because JAck was back. Liked his interaction with DAniel. Thought it was so hilarious. Jack really does have a presence and special effect on the show doesnt. Made me appreciate what I was missing. WHat did he say first to DANiel. "THis is new" I just had a question they never explained why Jack was back at the base in the first place.. I tried rewatching to see if I had missed something. BUt all it basically shows is talking about Prior / DAniel then next scene Jack is just there sitting with the team with no explanation of when he got there and why. I mean common sense would dictate that he would be here because DAniel was turned into a prior and that is reason enough. But dont they usually have a more solid reason when they bring someone back. Not even I just stopped by to say hi again. Nothing. Its like he never left the team.

pwells01

[9]Dec 14, 2008
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    Really loved the Shroud because JAck was back. Liked his interaction with DAniel. Thought it was so hilarious. Jack really does have a presence and special effect on the show doesnt. Made me appreciate what I was missing. WHat did he say first to DANiel. "THis is new" I just had a question they never explained why Jack was back at the base in the first place.. I tried rewatching to see if I had missed something. BUt all it basically shows is talking about Prior / DAniel then next scene Jack is just there sitting with the team with no explanation of when he got there and why. I mean common sense would dictate that he would be here because DAniel was turned into a prior and that is reason enough. But dont they usually have a more solid reason when they bring someone back. Not even I just stopped by to say hi again. Nothing. Its like he never left the team.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they didn't want to make it a big deal that Jack was there. At the time he was in charge of Homeworld Security and probably was in close contact with the SGC, so he might have come to visit every now and then.

Finnegan77

[10]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 27
    Agreed- it was never definitively said, but he would have known the current situation with the Ori because of his position, and he would have been informed about Daniel's abduction by Adria. I'm sure it was a combination of his role as head of Homeworld Security and his concern for Daniel that brought him back. Well, his concern plus the added bonus that nobody knows Daniel like Jack, so of course they'd bring him in to interview him. Did anyone else notice that in The Shroud Daniel remembers what happened when he was ascended? He never mentions this any other time in Stargate - that he has his memories of what happened while he was ascended - at least some of them. Certainly about Ba'al's torture of Jack.

jrsgalaxy

[11]Dec 30, 2008
    It could have been MErlins advanced intelligence that was able to access it in his subconscience. Kind of the same way Replica Carter was able to do it in Season 8's Reckoning two parter. Cause both Oma and the little kid in the The Fourth Horseman say that they dont lose the knowledge they just forget it. The human brain isn't capable of retaining all the knowledge so before it overloads the brain starts to store it in its subconscience. You could say kind of like deleting files but not putting them in the trash bin.

MajLorne

[12]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 21
    Ah that's a good explaination. Even I almost forgot how Daniel remembered that fact despite his memory being wiped out by Oma.

Finnegan77

[13]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 27
    MajLorne wrote:
    Ah that's a good explaination. Even I almost forgot how Daniel remembered that fact despite his memory being wiped out by Oma.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel's ascended memories had been coming back to him all along. His response would probably be more dramatic (as would Jack's) if they had all come to him after Merlin hopped into his brain. All those memories during that short period of time? Yikes. Bad enough that Adria was putzing around in his brain.

jrsgalaxy

[14]Jan 15, 2009
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel's ascended memories had been coming back to him all along. His response would probably be more dramatic (as would Jack's) if they had all come to him after Merlin hopped into his brain. All those memories during that short period of time? Yikes. Bad enough that Adria was putzing around in his brain.

Yeah plus Daniel has died and been ascended and then returned to mortal form. Whos to say hes completely hes normal self. Maybes hes not 100 percent human anymore. Could be a crossbreed of human and ancient now kind of like Anubis but not as sophisticated as Anubis is.

MajLorne

[15]Feb 25, 2009
    On that same note, ever since Sam blended with Jolinar, she does seem a bit less uptight like in the beginning and one has to wonder if Jolinar helped give Carter some advanced info in dealing with alien technology as Carter became the go to person for alien tech.

jrsgalaxy

[16]Feb 25, 2009
    MajLorne wrote:
    On that same note, ever since Sam blended with Jolinar, she does seem a bit less uptight like in the beginning and one has to wonder if Jolinar helped give Carter some advanced info in dealing with alien technology as Carter became the go to person for alien tech.
    I hadnt thought of that. Its possible that she gained some insight in her thinking due to Tok'Ra advanced intelligence. You know kind of like some shortcuts or just tricks of the trade for dealing with advanced technology or just how to think outside of the box.
    Edited on 02/25/2009 6:34pm

MajLorne

[17]Feb 26, 2009
    Yeah, it kinda makes sense that after the blending, Sam really advanced in terms of understanding of alien tech. Then again I would guess after season 2 the team encounters more alien tech for her to study compared to season 1.

seto1

[18]Mar 6, 2009
    How i understand the brain to work is that it never actually forgets any information however in terms of long term memory a trigger in needed and quite often this is unknown.

MajLorne

[19]Mar 6, 2009
    Well I'm not sure how the blending process goes, but I am to guess the symbiote would wrap itself around the spinal cord and I think wedge part of itself in the brain like what happened to Kawalski back in Children of the Gods pt 2 and Enemy within.
    So perhaps maybe it left some sort of trigger or allowed Sam to access more of her brain than any normal human?

seto1

[20]Mar 9, 2009
    It also seems to protect here mind from intrusion from foreign sources ,the same goes for teal c,but it still have seen some levels of vulnerability as was the case with the replicators