Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Ark of Truth Thread (possible spoilers)

robinepowell

[21]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 63
    You guys are right about the white stripe, but when I saw the movie I wasn't sure. Is it me or are the stripes bigger too?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[22]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 20
    robinepowell wrote:
    You guys are right about the white stripe, but when I saw the movie I wasn't sure. Is it me or are the stripes bigger too?

They seem to be, but that could be attributed to aging. Obviously not much time has happened between Unending and AoT, but if you really need an explanation then that's the most obvious one I suppose.

JJMPB

[23]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    i don't think i heard Teal'c say indeed once in the whole movie

rh10465

[24]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    JJMPB wrote:

Yea he did say it. He said it to Michell, I dont remember exactly when but when he did it reminded me of it.

goatas4

[25]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 15

I just got done and I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the Replicators was an odd twist, but still pertintent. And I too also thought there would be an Indiana Jones crate-type scene when Landry told Jackson they were going to study the Ark at Area 51.

Great way to wrap up a great series. Let's hope the other movies are as good.

pwells01

[26]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 16
    I enjoyed the movie - I'm just glad that Adria lived! Well, at least I think she did. Morgan le Fay probably fought her to a draw but I don't think they killed each other.

Idbeolderifiwas

[27]Mar 13, 2008
    pwells01 wrote:
    I enjoyed the movie - I'm just glad that Adria lived! Well, at least I think she did. Morgan le Fay probably fought her to a draw but I don't think they killed each other.

Either way, she doesn't have her worshipers anymore so she is now a lonely ordinary Ascended being.

robinepowell

[28]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 63

JJMPB wrote:

You mean "Mr. Muscles" or "Muscles", lol!

pwells01

[29]Mar 13, 2008

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:
    Either way, she doesn't have her worshipers anymore so she is now a lonely ordinary Ascended being.

That's basically how I wanted it to end. "Hollowed are the Ori"

Finnegan77

[30]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 27
    After watching it once, I'm not sure about the whole replicator thing - seriously, if Cooper couldn't have come up with a completely Ori show, he should have made it an hour long. The entire replicator plot seemed to be a way to showcase Browder in a story that should have been much more heavily Daniel oriented, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a DJ fan - the Ori storyline has always been about Daniel and Vala from day one. This needed much more intensity in Celestus, and less "Terminator" on the Odyssey. That scene with Beau Bridges and the prior was also clearly added to give Bridges more screen time - it was useless to the plot.

That said, it was great to see the gang back together, the end of the Ori was handled well with the Dosai being turned. I loved the scene between Teal'c and Tomin - great job by Judge in summing up exactly what is at the core of Teal'c. The Daniel/Vala bickering was classic, and Mitchell's reluctance to "sit in the chair" on the Odyssey was funny - he obviously knows what happens to every character who sits there.

I took the mano a mano between Adria and Morgan to be a homage to Oma Desala's ongoing and never ending fight with Anubis.

Darkprince410

[31]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 4

Did anyone else actually notice that when the "replicator skeleton" started walking towards Mitchell, that the music had an almost Terminator-esque sound to it? I thought it was a little unnecessary, especially since the entire part dealing with it felt too Terminator to me. It also seemed that when the Doci and the Priors were torturing Daniel, Vala, and Tomin, that the prior dealing with her seemed to be going extremely easy on her, since apart from a few gasps it didn't seem like she was being affected at all, while Tomin was crying out and Daniel was collapsed on the ground in pain. I guess that even after all she had done against the Ori, the fact that she was Adria's mother allowed them to be at least somewhat lenient.

Overall I thought the movie was still pretty good, and I'm hoping that Continuum is better still.

Edited on 03/14/2008 6:11pm

MajLorne

[32]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 21
    Ok so I gotta ask:
    Is the Odyssey intact and what will be done w/the ZPM on board the ship? [IE: keep it aboard and maybe have the Odyssey make a few visits on Atlantis or return the ZPM to Atlantis to help power the city further in their fight against Michael and the other Wraith?]

Idbeolderifiwas

[33]Mar 15, 2008
    The Odyssey is intact, but was damaged by the replicators. They managed to get back to Milky Way although it's never shown, so it's safe to assume that it will still be used. I doubt the ZPM will stay on it though.

Darkprince410

[34]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    MajLorne wrote:
    Ok so I gotta ask:
    Is the Odyssey intact and what will be done w/the ZPM on board the ship? [IE: keep it aboard and maybe have the Odyssey make a few visits on Atlantis or return the ZPM to Atlantis to help power the city further in their fight against Michael and the other Wraith?]
    At the time that the movie is taking place, the events of season 4 haven't happened yet, so the whole issue with Michael and the hybrids hasn't come into play yet. Roughly speaking, Atlantis is still on Lantea during the events of this movie, and hasn't been attacked by the Asuran gate weapon yet.

MajLorne

[35]Mar 15, 2008
    I know the movie takes place before the Atlantis season finale "First Strike". I meant i would like to see the Odyssey on Atlantis fighting the Wraith as well. It would be so cool to see all 3 ships [maybe 4 - Pheonix] fighting at the same time.
    Edited on 03/15/2008 11:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

MajLorne

[36]Mar 15, 2008

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    The Odyssey is intact, but was damaged by the replicators. They managed to get back to Milky Way although it's never shown, so it's safe to assume that it will still be used. I doubt the ZPM will stay on it though.
    Oh thank god! It would've been such a shame if it had been destoyed. And I guess the Ori threat being over, they will send back the ZPM to Atlantis then.

I wonder what will happen to the Ori ships? It would be cool if the Tau'ri took some ships to Pegasus, those sheilds would totally come in handy.

pwells01

[37]Mar 15, 2008

There's quite a bit of cleaning up to do after the movie, such as:

1. The Ori ships and army - Tomin will become some sort of leader, but of what exactly? What is the purpose of the Ori army now?

2. The priors seem to still have power - at least their staff seems to have power. What will happen to them?

3. Odyssey and ZPM - one possibility is that the Odyssey will keep the ZPM for now (Earth has one and Atlantis has one) and it will continue to be their flagship (with the cloak and Asgard weaponry). Maybe they'll use it in the next movie.

As far as Atlantis, I really don't know what their mission is supposed to be. Obviously, their main directive is to prevent Atlantis from being used by enemies to attack Earth. Beyond that, how far out are they supposed to go in the Pegasus galaxy and what are other directives?

Idbeolderifiwas

[38]Mar 15, 2008
    pwells01 wrote:

There's quite a bit of cleaning up to do after the movie, such as:

1. The Ori ships and army - Tomin will become some sort of leader, but of what exactly? What is the purpose of the Ori army now?

2. The priors seem to still have power - at least their staff seems to have power. What will happen to them?

3. Odyssey and ZPM - one possibility is that the Odyssey will keep the ZPM for now (Earth has one and Atlantis has one) and it will continue to be their flagship (with the cloak and Asgard weaponry). Maybe they'll use it in the next movie.

As far as Atlantis, I really don't know what their mission is supposed to be. Obviously, their main directive is to prevent Atlantis from being used by enemies to attack Earth. Beyond that, how far out are they supposed to go in the Pegasus galaxy and what are other directives?

I believe Tomin is going to be the leader spreading the real truth of Origin. At the end he said something about revising the book or Origin to take out the part about killing the unbelievers. I'm not sure what the priors are going to do now, since they know that everything they were told was a lie.

rickvega

[39]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    I saw the leaked version of the movie and it was good. I liked the whole plot. It was interesting when Mitchell was fighting the IOA guy/replicator. Cant wait to see the next movie.

avi01

[40]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 26
    Just saw it and I was fully satisfied. Disappointed by the under usage of Carter tho. It was a great movie and much better than I expected. As for the replicator,I`ve got to say that I was thrilled to see them back. It got a bit too "terminator like"in the end but the action make up to that.
    The next movie promises to be even better.

Anybody know the numbers the Dvd made?