Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Ark of Truth Thread (possible spoilers)

pwells01

[61]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 16
    The Priors might channel the worshipping power, and that gets to the Doci and into the Flames of Enlightenment.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pwells01

[62]Mar 26, 2008
    borghl wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:

That would be cool!

I know that the their fight was supposed to be analogous to Anubis vs. Oma, but I'm not convinced this one is supposed to last for all eternity. If Adria flees away to a different galaxy or dimension, Morgan le Fay may not necessarily follow.

About the artifact, if Adria and the Ori army cannot destroy it, she can at least cover it up with a force shield or have it hidden and heavily guarded rather than have it out in the open to allow Jackson to just step up to it, since she knows that if anyone can activate the artifact, he can! Also, she could, of course, just kill the enemies, save Vala. Didn't Cameron say something about if the Ori aren't dead, this would be a short mission? Anyway, the point is that there are many things that she can do, so are there any boundaries for her?

okay, there's a problem with your other plot. Morgan cannot take on Adria until Adria's powers are diminished. And for that to happen, a Prior or the Doci have to look into the activated Ark. Otherwise, Morgan would not survive a battle with Adria. I know you said Adria was beating Morgan, but it wouldn't be like that. Adria's power is just too great for Morgan to even try to take on.

I don't think that would be a problem. Adria can appear only when SG-1 is imminently close to re-taking and activating the ark. That way, the battle between Morgan le Fay and Adria could be very short. It could be analogous to when Daniel confronted Adria at the end of "The Quest" to give SG-1 time to escape, but more spectacular with much more fireworks! I'm sure they can make it work even though Adria is much more powerful than Morgan le Fay.

borghl wrote:
    Also, if Adria tries to flee the battle she's in with Morgan, Morgan has to follow her, otherwise, who or what would stop Adria from finding another galaxy, starting another race of Humans, and forcing them to worship her, starting the whole thing over again. No, Adria and Morgen Le Fay have to be in an eternal battle like Anubis and Oma. eh.

That's just what I want. The relationship between Oma and Anubis is different than that of these two. Maybe after Adria flees away to a desolate place and leaves everything behind, Morgan le Fay will return to the "Ancienty" way of leaving every being to their own free will. It would take Adria a very long time to re-build things, so she can just monitor from afar, and do whatever ascended beings do in their spare time!

MajLorne

[63]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 21
    I think it would probably be best if Morgan kept fighting Adria for a few centuries until all worshipers turn away from the Ori. That way Adria would have basically no powers left and then could be killed by conventional means b4 she can ascend again.
    Pretty much I think it has to be another eternal fight. It would be nice if the Ascended Ancients would start to ease up on the whole non-interferance thing.

pwells01

[64]Mar 26, 2008

MajLorne wrote:
    I think it would probably be best if Morgan kept fighting Adria for a few centuries until all worshipers turn away from the Ori. That way Adria would have basically no powers left and then could be killed by conventional means b4 she can ascend again. Pretty much I think it has to be another eternal fight. It would be nice if the Ascended Ancients would start to ease up on the whole non-interferance thing.

I think Adria would still remain as an ascended being even if there were no more worshipers, though.

MajLorne

[65]Mar 26, 2008
    In that case unless the other Ancients stepped in and like 'killed her' or made her mortal again then Morgan would have to keep fighting Adria. Afterall if a villain was given the slightest route to escape, it will make things worse. it was probably meant to be like this.

pwells01

[66]Mar 26, 2008
    That would be too bad - I have a soft spot for that girl!

Sci-FiBoy

[67]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    Hi, im new to the site, and im a big SG-1 fan, the ark of truth was on here in the UK on Monday and i thought it was excellent and a really good end to the ori arc.

teylarocks

[68]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 7

Sci-FiBoy wrote:
    Hi, im new to the site, and im a big SG-1 fan, the ark of truth was on here in the UK on Monday and i thought it was excellent and a really good end to the ori arc.

You have good taste in movies

This is to any one who does not like the ark of truth

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinar121

[69]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8

MajLorne wrote:
    In that case unless the other Ancients stepped in and like 'killed her' or made her mortal again then Morgan would have to keep fighting Adria. Afterall if a villain was given the slightest route to escape, it will make things worse. it was probably meant to be like this.

this kinda goes back to my original question on some other thread - how come Ancients didn't want to fight or try and take out the Ori way back, cuz i thought the numner of ascended Ori were much smaller. is it cuz it would be a tie with all the worshippers or is it not their way to do it? i mean, the Ancients must have known the Ori were villains long ago

Idbeolderifiwas

[70]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    I'm not sure if you've seen the movie or not, but it was explained near the beginning. The Ancients didn't interfere because, while they realized that the Ori were a threat, they knew that the humans in the galaxy had free will to do what they want, and the Ark of Truth is essentially a Brain washing machine, which makes people believe what you want them to. It goes against the rule of non-interference the Ancients have so they didn't use it.

sinar121

[71]Mar 29, 2008
    me did watch the movie. what i meant was ascended Ancients and ascended Ori in my statement above. if non-interference is the reason ascended Ancients didn't take on the Ori long ago, even tho they saw them as a threat, then why would they think of taking out Adria now?

Idbeolderifiwas

[72]Mar 29, 2008
    Well it was only Morgan La Fey that went to challenge her. But it could have been because while they knew the Ori were a threat, they were confident that the Ori would never find out about the other galaxies the Ancients populated. They hid them from the Ori, and they only found out when Jackson and Vala used the stones.

sinar121

[73]Mar 30, 2008

but they still didn't do anything even after they entered Milky Way, and they still stopped Morgan Le Fay from helping.

also, kinda curious that the ascended people just exiled Morgan Le Fay, me would think they would descend her like Daniel Jackson. i mean, they shoulda known she would interfere again if they merely exiled her.

MajLorne

[74]Mar 31, 2008
    I guess they felt she'll take care of Adria thus taking care of the ori problem and either way Morgan would likely be banished one way or another. So what the heck, let her keep fighting adria as this way they won't have to deal w/adria.

sinar121

[75]Apr 1, 2008
    me wonders what exile means. away from the galaxy or outside the ascended collective, so can't play bridge with the rest of the Ancients no more

borghl

[76]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    Both Orlin and Chaya Sar were exiled in effect. Basically for them, it meant they were forced to remain on a specific planet.

Both did leave their planets, but for a short period of time.

Idbeolderifiwas

[77]Apr 2, 2008
    The Ancients have a weird way of punishing each other for their actions. Chaya tried to protect the people of her planet, and was therefore exiled to that planet to protect it's people for all eternity and nobody else. Oma accidentally helped Anubis ascend, so they sent him back and allowed him to wreak havoc on the galaxy just to punish her. Like wtf? It's like the really don't even care about those of us on the lower plains of existence.

sinar121

[78]Apr 2, 2008
    yea seriously, like we're so insignificant compared to everything else! Anubis can wreck havoc on us as long as he don't use knowledge and power of Ancients. yea right, how did he get knowledge of the powerful artifacts he used that no other Goa'uld has? could be true that a Goa'uld could eventually get it, but Anubis had the knowledge to locate or create those artifacts

pwells01

[79]Apr 3, 2008

Just wanted to let you know about the interview Gateworld had with Robert Cooper, primarily about the movie. Part 1 (of 2) is here.

It's pretty interesting; he talks about how the constraints, like having Morena for only one day, shapes the way the movie is made.

sinar121

[80]Apr 3, 2008
    pwells01 wrote:

Just wanted to let you know about the interview Gateworld had with Robert Cooper, primarily about the movie. Part 1 (of 2) is here.

It's pretty interesting; he talks about how the constraints, like having Morena for only one day, shapes the way the movie is made.

thanx, that was good. looking forward to part 2!