Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Ark of Truth Thread (possible spoilers)

MajLorne

[101]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 21
    Obvious nitpick: unnecessary replicator plot.
    It was a good idea about turning one enemy against another by having the replicator infest the Ori ship, but they let it almost eat up the Odyssey from within. Also the many times it got hit by those ori beams - I wonder how much of the ZPM was depleted? It seems the shield is much stronger in the movie compared to the finale.
    The replicator infested Mereck was creepy and especially when the repli-skelton was about to strike.
    One thing about the replicator thing is that you know there will be some serious use of gun fire, that's the one big plus about it.

Final nitpick is that I don't like how there is a back and forth thing like every 1-4 min we see the Odyssey and another we see daniel and the others on the planet. I would like it if they had 8-9min on one group then moving to the others. Just my opinion. Also I 'kept a record' over how long the replicator-Odyssey segment took and it was about 16-17min of the Sci-Fi aired version.

I was disappointed they didn't show anything new about Universe that I had already seen during the BSG finale. And it's not fair that BSG's 2nd airing of the finale gets to run like 2 hours 8-11min while they cut Ark of Truth to fit 2 hours rather than to show the whole movie and let it over run like 7-10 min. I think ZZbeach would agree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pinchasb

[102]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    Of the 2 movies this was this weaker one by far.

seto1

[103]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 16
    There is one thing that i have wondered about the ancients,im assuming the ancients in the Pegasus galaxy ascended.I have noticed that many of the inhabitants of the pegasus galaxy revere the ancients almosts near worship,i wonder if this reverence would have been enough to help increase there overall power.Since the ori dont share power it is clear that there are more ancients,it would have been cool to see the outcome of an ascended clash.Whenever i think about it i keep thinking of the Q civil war on the voyager,anyway any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

KingofIPirates

[104]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 32
    MajLorne wrote:
    Obvious nitpick: unnecessary replicator plot.
    It was a good idea about turning one enemy against another by having the replicator infest the Ori ship, but they let it almost eat up the Odyssey from within. Also the many times it got hit by those ori beams - I wonder how much of the ZPM was depleted? It seems the shield is much stronger in the movie compared to the finale.
    The replicator infested Mereck was creepy and especially when the repli-skelton was about to strike.
    I largely agree with this. I also found much of the dialogue rather weak, certains parts of the plot rushed and a bit forced. The Ark itself I thought was a bit too convenient as its mechanisms could have been a little better thought out(given that how exactly it determines the truth was glossed over nor was the process of how it acually operates fully explorered). I suppose if they were given another season to finish the series the nuances would've been properly fleshed out and they could've come up with a better finish to the Ori threat.
    Edited on 07/02/2011 11:46am