Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Continuum Thread (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 102
    From here on out, please direct all discussion, spoilers, availability, etc., to this thread.

Enjoy!

Obviously the episode/movie is available via illegal sites. Discussing the contents of "Continuum" are fine. Discussing in any way, shape or form how it can be obtained illegally is not, per TV.com policy.
    Edited on 07/05/2008 4:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spinobreaker

[2]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 10

(minor spoiler) did anyone else notice early into the movie, the voice of the captain sounds a lot like Mitchel, so i knew that would b important later, if anyone else noticed then i was not alone

oh and also a major plot hole from the pilot ep is sorted out.. well sort of, lol, the auto gate dialer... so this explains how apophis leaves earth, even though none is visible in that ep lol

ummm ill make a music vid look for it on veoh

Edited on 07/06/2008 12:01am

tehasgard

[3]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    Spinobreaker wrote:

(minor spoiler) did anyone else notice early into the movie, the voice of the captain sounds a lot like Mitchel, so i knew that would b important later, if anyone else noticed then i was not alone

oh and also a major plot hole from the pilot ep is sorted out.. well sort of, lol, the auto gate dialer... so this explains how apophis leaves earth, even though none is visible in that ep lol

ummm ill make a music vid look for it on veoh

Lol your right about the major plot hole XD i didnt realise but aphophis didint know we didint have a ghd so why would they bring one, ball knew we didint have one lol.

Edited on 07/06/2008 4:05pm

Clemontine

[4]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    It wasnt necessarily a plot hole. The jaffa could have just figured out our computers. Although its not likely.

And it wasnt just Mitchell's voice. What about the fact that it was Ben Browder? Lol, I think that was a bigger hint.

Spinobreaker

[5]Jul 7, 2008
    lol, we (Australia... where i live lol) will b governed by the 'free' jaffa, lucky us lol, we dont get a false god lmao

Spinobreaker

[6]Jul 7, 2008
    ok, music video time, ok boys and girls who want 2 c some bit but no major points have alook at this

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14832593FejhzBzE

fresh from my computer to you, enjoy

Jammet

[7]Jul 7, 2008
    So ... this is finally ... it? After this movie, there will be no further adventures of Stargate SG-1? None whatsoever? It's so sad, really.

There were still lots of gates to uncover. Much adventure to be had. Lots of friends to return to. That, and I will really miss the scenery of the base.

zeronitro

[8]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 2

Good show continuum! I thought ark of truth was good but kinda lacking, but this was a true SG-1 piece.

But anyway, I have to ask cause I'm so very curious. At the end Carter says something about the new moon base. New moon base? Could this be the setting of the supposed new stargate series??? hmmmmmm.

Spinobreaker

[9]Jul 8, 2008
    lol, i thought that but didn't want 2 say anything lol, i doubt it from what i hear about the new series its based on a the principle that we activate the 9th chevron to locate a long lost ancient ship thats seeding life in every galaxy it gets to, we get stuck there... bla bla bla lol
    so thats the basic idea of it anyway fro mwhat ive read

ltcomstella

[10]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 18

i've seen it leaked dvd rips for the win

all i can say is MEH

as a die hard fan of stargate i personally think since RDA left as producer the series has never been the same his input made the show imo enjoyable

ben browder has done a good job i like him tho his grandma jokes/ lines got old fast, thank goodness there was none of that in continuum

my prob with it possibly down to bad sound on the rip but the voices of some actors sound hollow / lack effort like they phoned their lines in

cannot fault the effects guys top job really believed it, yes the captain is ben browder took me about 2 seconds to figure it out

anyone else got a problem with the gapping huge hole in the ship from the wormhole ? surely that could sink the ship?

also to me apophis role was too brief for such a big baddie his role seemed lame and the way barl dispatches apophis was pathetic the joke wasnt that funny either.

nice touch on vala / katesh, nice sword want one of those

funny how the russians got the gate and the usa couldn't, and that gate dailer thingy interesting idea tho how could it power a gate ? when the dhd is 10 times as big ??

was hoping to see frasier and kinsey as president. didnt really think there was any reason for daniel to swear tbh out of character and pointless.

and why did the last ten minutes feel so much of a let down, they found the time machine great, oh now katesh is here s~~T we gotta go ! oh noes this address will put us ten years to early get ready! and next thing we know michels saved the day the end..

about michel going through the gate am i correct in assuming the gate was still burried in egypt ? face down ? the desert ? no one for miles trapped he would of surely died ?

if the gate had been found and was in storage crated up? he would of been ok then how did he find the ship and get on board he looks like sounds like the captain, and new alot of things he shouldn't some one would have locked him for sure or worse..

i'll post it here in answer to others questions about timeline as things disapear in to thin air the time line is being changed my theory would be everything would change at once blink of an eye type thing, tho for effect and story reasons they slowed it down to be gradual, tho when vala went tealc should of gone too.

as for ppl not knowing what happened, sam and tealc died when michel went through the gate back in time. if the staff blast didnt then tealcs suicide bomb certainly did!

my 2 cents

Edited on 08/03/2008 9:59am
    Edited 2 total times.

Spinobreaker

[11]Jul 10, 2008
    yeah i was thinking about the gate thing as well, if he went through he probably would of looped back to the planet he started on (the time travel planet, that's hoe that works right?) then he waits till he knows its been dug up and dials earth jumps through hoping no one notices him, but if he randomly appeared that would give the military a reason to think its a weapon, anyway, he escapes them and get on board his GP's ship and then takes down Baal... there that's how i think it went down...
    that or he looped back and then dialed earth, went to Antarctica and walked 2 a research station down there and then eventually got back to Egypt, he then helped on his GP's boat until Baal attacks and kills him
    either one is plausible and we will never know...

someguy0830

[12]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 27
    This suffered in length. A little bit less than half the film just sort of dragged when it didn't have to, and then they raced through the last part.

However, this has Baal, my favorite villain, so that knocked it up a few notches. His scenes made the film worth it, since he has that half-joking/half-mocking "you're nothing before me" attitude. I was sad when he got shanked, though. That was a somewhat anti-climatic end for someone who planned things out so well.

I was half-expecting Mitchell to be his own grandfather in this. It seemed too cheesy to happen, yet they hinted at it ever so subtly by making Browder play his own ancestor.

Other than that, there's not much to say. The "personal journey" sequences ran too long, and Daniel losing his leg lost all the effect it could of had when he took it so well. The actions sequences were decent but not great, and even O'Neil's death wasn't as meaningful as it should have been.

JESSPARKY

[13]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 8

Spinobreaker wrote:
    lol, we (Australia... where i live lol) will b governed by the 'free' jaffa, lucky us lol, we dont get a false god lmao

Ha ha ha! I cracked up when I saw that bit... had to rewind it and watch it again to make sure i heard right

I caved in and watched it early, even though I have it on order... Silly me with no self control.

HOWEVER

I loved it! It was like an earlier SG1 vibe, and I must admit I enjoyed it more then AoT. My SG1 withdrawls, which were relieved with SGA, are back again.

*twitch*

Hellfrost666

[14]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 7

Alright I have seen the movie and don't hate me for this but i thought it SUCKED!!!

It was worse then the previous time travel episode, the season 8 final. I personally hate time travel episodes. There is only 1 sci-fi show that can pull off time travel and that is doctor who. Other shows should stay away from it. Anyways I was kinda looking forward to seeing everybody without the Stargate history but sadly we got none of that...

ltcomstella

[15]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 18

just thought i'd add

there is talk of a third movie which may or may not start the third series.

did anyone else feel RDA was a bit lame ? ' when he was talking about cake seemed totally wrong.

and methinks vala has a soft spot for barls host lol

Idbeolderifiwas

[17]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    The third movie wont start Universe. The third movie is going to be about SG1, not the Stargate Universe people (Whoever that may be)

pwells01

[18]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 16

I thought Continuum was a good movie, but I think I prefer The Ark of Truth more because I just liked the Ori storyline a lot and found it better than the old "must undo altered timeline" theme. I also thought that they handled the whole alternate timeline and paradox thing inconsistently. By the end of the movie, I wondered if Cam could theoretically be O'Neill's daddy!

But I still liked the movie. It was nice to see all those faces from years gone by. It seemed like they tried to get everyone back. If they put Major Davis (who, by the way, has had the rank of Major far too long, relatively speaking) there briefly, then they should've put in Bra'tac as well, like during the extraction ceremony. It would've also been great if O'Neill had a bigger role in the movie. Anyway though, the best part of the movie for me was Ba'al, and especially Vala as the treacherous Qetesh. And, of course, seeing the great General Hammond in action one last time!

hapat

[19]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 14

It was good but there were just so many inconsistences it wasn't funny though. Why now do they all just start disappearing and never before, i.e. Moebius.

But the thing that really gets me is why the heck would they wait around a year to do anything about it. Any other time they'd find a way to get together, get to the stargate and get everything back to the way it should be. There is no way they'd wait around a year and not do a thing. Heck why would Daniel wait a year to read his own book and call himself. You're telling me he never once walked by a book store in the whole year he was there. Plus they'd at least try to look for someone they knew to try and help them. Heck Carter could just sit there talking to herself calling out to Orlin to help her and come build a stargate. But they didn't do a friggin thing, stupid, they'd never do that.

Plus it seemed a bit fast. Maybe I'm spoiled because with the series they got to stretch storylines out and actually make them good. But with this it was just like oh look we've brought Apophis back, then 30 seconds later poof dead. Look a bunch of system lords are back, wow they are just standing there for ten seconds and don't say a word, excluding Cronus.

Then the original 4 all died yet again, kinda repetitive and I don't know what the heck they were going on about a subtle ending that could go places. What they heck could they possibly do? Ba'al's host remembers everything and shows them where all his little toys are...wow. Oh a picture, whoopdi do. They wrapped it up leaving very little room for anything else. I'm not saying that's bad, I'm just saying it's rather annoying when you were expecting some kind of cliff hanger, not a big one just something interesting, better than a picture.

Plus they should have had Bra'Tac at the ceremony, Jack really didn't do much, they didn't even mention how they could get the Asgard/Tollan/whoever to try and help, would have been a nice little reference, instead they just said allies. Plus all the action scenes lasted what 10-20 seconds and stuff like them walking on the ice and shopping lasted longer.

Overall I enjoyed it because it was Stargate but still it's not even close to the two part episodes in the series, accept maybe moebius. They need to stop with all this character moment bs and get back to making Stargate action packed. They did fine with mixing the character moments and action in each episode of the series, especially the good ones. But it just seems in the movies all they want to do is go on about the character moments and then show some action in the last 15 minutes or so.

Edited on 07/30/2008 5:02am
    Edited 2 total times.