Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Continuum Thread (possible spoilers)

pwells01

[41]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 16

sinar121 wrote:
    btw, looking at the continuum page, it doesn't give carter or mitchell the rank of full colonel, which it should be. so maybe u or someone who sees this message can submit and change their info (me don't want to). i see quite a few of this stuff and usually ignore, but this one kinda sticks out for me and want it changed. also, O'Neill should be Major General too

Well, that was fast. Nice job!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[42]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 23
    I got the movie the first day it came out and it was amazing. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if there is going to be a third movie.

Idbeolderifiwas

[43]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 20
    pwells01 wrote:

sinar121 wrote:
    btw, looking at the continuum page, it doesn't give carter or mitchell the rank of full colonel, which it should be. so maybe u or someone who sees this message can submit and change their info (me don't want to). i see quite a few of this stuff and usually ignore, but this one kinda sticks out for me and want it changed. also, O'Neill should be Major General too

I was quick to respond

sinar121

[44]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:

sinar121 wrote:

I was quick to respond

lol thanx

ltcomstella

[45]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 18

ppl are nubs here

only thing that is different is cam went back in time and lived from 1929/1939 and met his grandad/ saved his butt

Daniel IS FINE !!!

seems the whole time thing is confusing the young ppl here

b4 cam went through, sam, t'ealc, and daneil all died when Katesh, ringed inside barls base with her jaffa.

so what ever happened to cam is a mystery/ open to debate

and is my first post review / rant on this topic still here thought it got removed ??!

Idbeolderifiwas

[46]Aug 3, 2008
    ltcomstella wrote:

ppl are nubs here

only thing that is different is cam went back in time and lived from 1929/1939 and met his grandad/ saved his butt

Daniel IS FINE !!!

b4 cam went through, sam, t'ealc, and daneil all died when Katesh, ringed inside barls base with her jaffa.

and is my first post review / rant on this topic still here thought it got removed ??!

Wow, no need to call me stupid because I forgot exactly what happened down to the most minute detail. It had been at least 2 weeks since I had watched it when I posted that, and I forgot whether or not Daniel kept his leg in the end or not.

sajwest

[47]Aug 3, 2008
    ltcomstella wrote:

ppl are nubs here

Daniel IS FINE !!!

WOW.

You know there is no need to be rude to people.

This is a discussion forum,ideas being thrown about is what happens here.And as IDBEOLDER said,some people haven't seen it in a while,you can't expect them to remember everything!

And pray tell...what makes you think it is just young people that get confused about it?

sinar121

[48]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    ltcomstella wrote:

ppl are nubs here

Daniel IS FINE !!!

sheesh, let's be more condescending next time!

MajLorne

[49]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 21
    Yup, a very bad impression for a first post in like [for me 7 months].

mb2000

[50]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 101
    ltcomstella wrote:
    about michel going through the gate am i correct in assuming the gate was still burried in egypt ? face down ? the desert ? no one for miles trapped he would of surely died ?

The wormhole Carter established from the time travel machine went back to 1929 - the Stargate was uncovered from the desert in Egypt in 1928. Probably the worst thing that had to happen when Mitchell went through was the vortex ruined another giant shipping crate.

I love this movie. Being more or less a standalone story, it's better than Ark of Truth.

Love the cameos by out favourite System Lords, especially Ra. Shame he didn't get any lines... I think they're just teasing us.

Great little detail with the Stargate's box on Achilles being labelled 'Langford'.

I never noticed before, but don't the Al'kesh look like the Federation scout ship from Star Trek Insurrection?

Nice to see Don Davis/General Hammond one last time.

Instead of saying he'd lived in Earth when Qetesh asked him, even though thats the truth, I'd have liked Ba'al to have said that he has a spy on Earth - presumably Seth hadn't been killed in this reality (no Tok'ra to tell SG-1 he was here) and could have been brought into it, if only for a name drop.

There was noticably more swearing than in the series, but some of it seemed forced and out of character, especially Carter's 'kiss your ass goodbye' on the plane.

When Ba'al dialled the Stargate on the Achilles, why did the ring spin? That's only used for manual dialling and surely Ba'al would have had a DHD on his end that would bypass the spinning and just lock the chevrons in seconds.

So, Ba'al was killed by Qetesh, but was that it? Surely one of those ships had a sarcophagus to revive him. Who would have stopped his Jaffa from using it after Qetesh was killed?

How did cutting the top off Apophis's head make the symbiote fall out? Aren't they usually located around the back of the neck/brain stem area?

General O'Neill seemed to loose alot of blood when he stabbed, but it didn't look immediately life threatening. And was he wearing an SG-1 patch? He should have an SGC one.

It was a nice touch that the old 'list things we did to convince the alternate people' didn't work at least once and that Charlie doesn't always die.

I expected Kawalsky to show up somewhere. He usually does when alternate realities are involved. And someone from Atlantis, given that everyone from the expedition would still be on Earth. Or Fraiser.

Daniel's leg was kind of a surprise at first, but when he eventually got a replacement and started walking normalling there wasn't much point in it. I'd have liked to have seen him fighting Jaffa from a wheelchair and being wheeled around while he shoots in all directions. At least it was undone by the rest. We can't have an ancient Jaffa and a one legged guy on SG-1.

I liked Vala talking about having Qetesh extracted, which was kind of needed given how we'd see her later. Also, helping Ba'al's host was a nice gesture. Shame we didn't get to hear from him. Actually, Daniel said Ba'al had been inside him for 2,000 years, so would he have started to rapidly age and die like Apophis did one the symbiote was removed?
    Edited on 08/05/2008 8:27am

Idbeolderifiwas

[51]Aug 5, 2008
    About Ba'al being ressurected, I'm not sure a Sarcophagus can cure a body that has been split in 2 Sure it can heal small things and even bring people back from Death but I dunno if it could completely heal him.

CaptainHarkness

[52]Aug 5, 2008

It would have been cool if they had included either Frasier or Maybourne in the movie but it was still great without them.

mb2000

[53]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 101
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    About Ba'al being ressurected, I'm not sure a Sarcophagus can cure a body that has been split in 2 Sure it can heal small things and even bring people back from Death but I dunno if it could completely heal him.

To be honest, I would have thought that if a Sarcophagus can cure death, stitching two halves of a person back together should be easy. Obviously the two pieces would have be positioned close to each other inside the machine first...

Was Ba'al completely cut in two anyway? The way I saw it, it was just a very big slice down his middle.

Spinobreaker

[54]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    not fully in 2 from about the sternum up its still devastating damage, oh and i doubt the sarcophagus could fix this cause his head was sliced in 2... come on ever uber alien tech cant fix a brain its to complex and it dont matter anyway cause cam killed baal in the past so the slicing never happened

MajLorne

[55]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 21

mb2000 wrote:

Daniel's leg was kind of a surprise at first, but when he eventually got a replacement and started walking normalling there wasn't much point in it. I'd have liked to have seen him fighting Jaffa from a wheelchair and being wheeled around while he shoots in all directions. At least it was undone by the rest. We can't have an ancient Jaffa and a one legged guy on SG-1.

I liked Vala talking about having Qetesh extracted, which was kind of needed given how we'd see her later. Also, helping Ba'al's host was a nice gesture. Shame we didn't get to hear from him. Actually, Daniel said Ba'al had been inside him for 2,000 years, so would he have started to rapidly age and die like Apophis did one the symbiote was removed?

LMAO, that would've been an awesome scene seeing Daniel in a wheelchair fighting the Jaffa!

Hem good point. I think the host Apophis was in was like over 5000 years old. So give or take maybe another 3000 years difference, the host Ba'al was in would age, but probably half as fast as Apophis's host.

Idbeolderifiwas

[56]Aug 7, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:

mb2000 wrote:

LMAO, that would've been an awesome scene seeing Daniel in a wheelchair fighting the Jaffa!

Hem good point. I think the host Apophis was in was like over 5000 years old. So give or take maybe another 3000 years difference, the host Ba'al was in would age, but probably half as fast as Apophis's host.

I wonder if, because Ba'al was extracted, the host could survive despite having lived for so long? As far as I can remember, Apophis died inside the body of his Host which could very well have caused his host to die. We do know that Goa'uld can deliver a poison to kill their host along with them, which obviously didn't happen, but maybe Apophis dying inside of the host caused some kind of problem which killed him as well?

zhangliao1

[57]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 6

1. i was expect mitchell to be his own grandfather so boy did it surprise me when he wasn't

2. i am so happy my favourite goa'uld came back even if only to say something clever and get the top of his head cut off

3. i am also really happy that the goa'uld came back to be the final bad guys ha take that ori

4. it was surprising when baal was killed after all it was his plan but meh

5. didn't like that it was mitchell i mean he is the new guy and i never really liked him especially when they tried so hard to make him the center of it all in season 9 and 10 but oh well 6. great movie because of the goa'uld of course

6. dont forget it was only a clone remember old mitchell killed the original so the host of the clone would only be a few years old

Edited on 08/07/2008 4:28am

zhangliao1

[58]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 6
    i am not editing that again it atkes to long and it screws the format up

anyway yes the sarcophagus could have healed him if the two sides were close together

MelbourneAussie

[59]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 5

The DVD was released here on the 6th Aug. & I bought my copy on the 7th. I've only watched it once so far and the only 'extra' I've watched is The Layman's Guide to Time Travel. I will eventually watch it again and again with the Audio Commentary and the rest of the extras.

My initial thoughts/opinion after one viewing is that I didn't think it was as good as The Ark of Truth. I don't quite know why I didn't like it as much. It didn't seem to have enough action and despite liking Ben Browder and his character Cam Mitchell, there seems to be just a smidge too much of him. The RDA fans must be a bit miffed especially when one of the Jacks "dies" so early in the story! I agree with other posters re the time travel anomalies being a problem but after watching The Layman's Guide to Time Travel extra, it appears pretty much that anything goes re time travel theories.

As I predicted, I did shed a tear when I saw Don S. Davis. May be I'll like Continuum more after seeing it a couple more times as that has actually happened before with some episodes I wasn't too impressed with. However, I did like it enough to be glad I bought it and if they bring out another movie, I will definitely buy it - like this DVD, sight unseen!

Ooh, that's a bit spooky, I just made my 88th post on 8/8/08!

Edited on 08/07/2008 9:13pm

TomGl

[60]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 1

Who cares whether the sarchopagus could or could not have revived him? Like someone else says, he was killed by Mitchell years before his death at the hands of Qetesh anyway.

FWIW, I'd guess it couldn't simply because it was Qetesh that killed him. I doubt the writers really thought this much about it, but it would make sense Qetesh would kill him in such an exotic way because she knew the damage would be too severe for a sarcophagus to heal. She'd have been seriously fooked if it could once the Jaffa spoke to a revived Baal.