Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Stargate SG-1 Cancellation Thread - Direct Discussion Here

mcepin3

[21]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 16
    I agree with all of you that this show need to be saved and keep it running.There so much to tell in Stargate universe(like: Furlings,Ori,Replicators,Goa'ulds,stargate going publicly-entire world learns about Stargate,...).Find another chanell and start airing it for 11th season,SciFi doesn't know what mistake is doing to itself and SG-1 fans.Could we start a petition or something???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mcepin3

[22]Aug 22, 2006

Look at this,this on gateworld.net  

'200' ratings give Stargate needed boost
    Monday - August 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

Putting an exclamation point (or perhaps a question mark) on today's news that SCI FI Channel has cancelled Stargate SG-1 (story), the ratings are in: and the show turned in a major ratings boost on Friday, August 18.

SG-1's highly publicized two-hundredth episode earned a 1.9 average household rating, according to a GateWorld source -- a 36 percent jump from the previous week's episode, and by far the highest of the summer season.

"200" is the first episode of Season Ten to meet -- and even exceed -- last year's average rating (1..

Stargate Atlantis followed with "The Real World," earning a 1.8 rating. This is an impressive increase of 12 percent from the previous week's episode, and also a season high for the series.

Atlantis has been renewed for its fourth season.

New episodes continue this Friday starting at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on SCI FI! In "Counterstrike," SG-1 returns to the Ori story arc when they encounter Vala's now fully-grown daughter, Adria (Firefly's Morena Baccarin). And on Atlantis's "Common Ground," Colonel Sheppard is kidnapped by Genii Commander Kolya (Robert Davi), and made a fellow prisoner with a Wraith.
    Now,SciFi here's your ratings,36% boost,how can you do this to us?!?To all that live in USA,just keep watching Stargate LIVE and keep ratings strong and then producers will find solution.I'm from Slovenia and I'm not the only one that watches Startgate SG-1 and SGA,there quite few of us in Slovenia that loves SG-1 and SGA.

Captain_Erdem

[23]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    NOOOOOO! They can't cancel it yet. It's the best show on TV! It's still got more seasons left in it. It needs at least another three or four seasons to finish properly.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 2:13am

elvara

[24]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    All that because rating in America only are not good but don't they sell that serie to 20 other country at least, don't they make enough money in other country?

sweet_em

[25]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 26
    After what they did with Farscape this isn't a big surprise at all.

Libaax

[26]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 8

What crappy channel they are.

Now there really isnt a reason to watch tv anymore. First Carnivalè then Rome,Deadwood,Sopranos and now SG1.

Cancel BSG too and make tv all rotten.

How can they end just cause the rating go down alittle give it some time.

This show was my fav on tv, i feel so sad that i am about to cry and i am cold hearted bastard who never cries.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 4:19am

Lippydrk2k3

[27]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 3
    doesnt season 11 need to go on because they signed contracts?  Maybe Scifi will take a page out of CW/WB book.  let 7th heaven run it course and 3 months later give a renewal for a 13 episode 11th season.   

Libaax

[28]Aug 22, 2006
    This is a world of stupid men when a show thats so clichè where they solve the problems of the world like dieses,hate etc i mean 7th heaven. Then they end SG1..

staurophobic

[29]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    Libaax wrote:
    Now there really isnt a reason to watch tv anymore. First Carnivalè then Rome,Deadwood,Sopranos and now SG1.

SG, Carnivale and Deadwood all FX and Sky over here... Odd... (I watched Carnivale on FX, Deadwood and SG1 on Sky). Though one of the terrestrial channels has SG too... Not sure about any of the others, though...

Libaax

[30]Aug 22, 2006
    Lucky Sg1 isnt even on tv here. i have to download.

I am gonna collect all the dvds just to make sure they make more Sg1, another series,movies or whatever.

echofactor

[31]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 10
    This is really depressing. Theres no room in this world for a decent sci-fi that will be successful anymore.

Stupid execs..

Libaax

[32]Aug 22, 2006
    Its crazy people will watch even the crappiest sci fi just to get to see the genre they end the best sci fi show on tv just cause it has a bad spell.

vinan

[33]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 13
    Im truly gutted.  Im guessing they will wrap up the Ori plotline in the next 14 episodes. 

I will continue to have faith in MGM to revive the show on a better network.

Arrrg I blame this on Sci-fis decision to move BSG to october.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

thecomedianky

[34]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 19
    They can't cancel it!

Sci-fi09

[35]Aug 22, 2006

I'll post what I said on another board, becuase why SciFi would want to cancell this show is beyond me.- I can't believe it! I love this show so much and for them to just cancel it after the 10th season and 200th episode??? I mean even the actors were saying how they hope they'll make it to episode 300 or 400 and so on. Also, they have such a huge fan base! First you've got the people who followed it from the movie, then the people who followed it after it moved from showtime to SciFi, and now it's got whoever followed Ben and Cluadia from Farscape. They've built up such a large audiance over the years, and now they're just cancelling it. I know ratings are down, but like a lot of pepole are saying, they could have advertised it WAY better than they did.

As for Stargate Atlantis- They say that they are renewing it for a fourth season.  However, I don't think that it will do as well without Stargate SG-1.  I only watch Atlantis becuas it airs right after SG-1 and I'm sure that's the case for a lot of people.

And they're even in the Guiness(sp?) book of World records for longest running SciFi series in America.

I really do hope that another network picks it up.

Edited on 08/22/2006 11:34am
    Edited 2 total times.

sasg_2

[36]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 52
    I'm posting something in every topic I see talking about the cancelation. I just think that this show still has a lot to give and the Sci-fi channel is making a mistake to cancel it. 

mcepin3

[37]Aug 22, 2006

Sign petition on www.savesg1.org

and read every forum  about sg-1 so that you can inform others if you find something

Ita3rd

[38]Aug 22, 2006
    This just proves how idiotic SciFi is. They're cancelling one of the best shows they've got. At least they were smart enough to keep Atlantis for another year but it's not liklely they'll allow it to finish it's story either. Here's hoping the stories about Showtime wanting it back are true so we can have an end to the Ori story and everything else. If nothing else I can't wait to see the mini series or movie that they'll end up making.

cvvrede

[39]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 25
    They've go to be kidding me. I mean, I didn't think season nine was the best season ever, but they were making a huge comeback with season ten. Even if Sci-Fi is stupid enough to cancel it, another network will pick it up, right?

sasg_2

[40]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 52
    cvvrede wrote:
    They've go to be kidding me. I mean, I didn't think season nine was the best season ever, but they were making a huge comeback with season ten. Even if Sci-Fi is stupid enough to cancel it, another network will pick it up, right?

I read that the  producers are looking for another network to pick up the show. There's still hope.