Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Stargate SG-1 Cancellation Thread - Direct Discussion Here

hapat

[201]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 14
    Yeah sci-fi is just being stupid. They should let it live on elsewhere if they're to cheap to make it any more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

L_d_G

[202]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    That O'Neill quote in your name, one of my favourites in the beginning, been that damn many come from O'Neill, i've lost count. Sci Fi will air the last ten episodes and be done with it. But because they wanna be butt monkeys, there not gonna allow it to be shown by any other American network. So that leaves hope for an international network. Hell I wouldn't care if it was aired on the net, I just wanna see new and more SG1!!!!

MGM are trying to find some other way for it to be shown, but the movies are the final step I believe, I dont think as much as I hate to say it. That theres going to be an eleventh season of SG1

Synetech

[203]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 22
    People, people; please.

Remember, SciFi is actually just a subsidiary of NBC Universal. You know, NBC who has killed off a lot of other good shows. Now you've got yet another reason to hate NBC.

Fox and NBC (and all of their subsidiaries) are the worst networks on television. ABC is unfortunately rapidly joining their ranks. CBS is still good for now; they don't kill shows off too quickly.

Andreita_svp

[204]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 3
    i´m so sad that sg1 it´s cancelled i mean it was my first sci-fi serie i ever watched and it was the one that interested me in astrophysics i hate sci-fi for doing that to sg1

Msalas

[205]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 4
    But are they going to finish season 10?

Telkiar

[206]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    The last 10 or so episodes of season 10 will be aired like normal.

L_d_G

[207]Dec 17, 2006
    Then Carter will have a recuring role on Atlantis until her contract runs out, which is in about two years I believe and the movies will be made, then the third Stargate series will if it does go ahead, happen around the mid 2008 mark.

I've watched SG1 since it first aired in Australia, i've seen every episode at least three times, I have the box sets, I have the movie, I have posters!!!!

I hate to see it go, it had potential for at least another 3 or 4 seasons, to deal with the Ori, now they have to cram it into 10 episode and a movie. Thats just not enough for a decent battle!!!!

tehasgard

[208]Dec 23, 2006
    • level: 6
    The movies will be about to goa'uld

Telkiar

[209]Dec 24, 2006
    The first movie will be about the Ori.
    The main villian of the second movie will be Ba'al.
    If DVD sales are better then expected they may even make SG:1 into a movie series, with one new movie a year.

Spinobreaker

[210]Dec 25, 2006
    awww... a year.. y not 2, id fly over there and work for free if they did lol

XHawk222

[211]Dec 26, 2006

insane!! sorry... but its just... i could cry about this! i hate it when they stop shows right in the middle of it! then complete it! why do they have to stop!? why stop good running shows!? which freak is behind that!? i thought frankenstein was dead!!

Clemontine

[212]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 23
    Anyone have any ideas (or facts) about how much they are going to wrap up in the series? Spoilers if you've been out of it lately - Obviously not the Ori story since that'll be in the first movie. But what about the characters. Are they gonna go their own ways and come back for the movies, or stay together and not disband until the last movie? Will they mention the whole Sam/Jack thing in the finale or later? I wonder how much of a finale it will actually be. I love that its not really over, but I would like the last epi to still be special and provide some form of closure. 

joyjerm1

[213]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    Well my daughters are going to be upset with the news of SG1's cancellation.

Yes we do come from down under and download SG1 and Atlantis which are the highest selling and most expensive DVD's down here besides star trek and lent out to many friends who missed it over the years. Forget BSG season one and two as you rent it for a week at the same price as buying it.

The only other DVD in our collection that comes close in popularity is the movie Take the Lead but that list is much shorter then requests for SG1 not even Atlantis comes close unless it is the crossover episodes.

However my question is are the networks only looking at the American market in an insurlar way, as we have a team of people down here downloading off the net and on ipod's our favourite scfi shows that have not aired yet in this country. So does the overseas market really count and maybe they should look at downloading figures! The other thing we love about downloading here is no advertisements so our children can concentrate for more than 15 minutes.

We have peoplemeters here and many a good show has been cancelled as they don't take into account things like DVR. So maybe the american tv productions should start playing a new game that includes the internet, not just bums on seats when they want to put a program on, like many other countries are facing so they may learn to look at a worldwide audenience.

So a little place like New Zealand have already seen SG1 seasons 9 and 10 and Atlantis season 3, at the same time Americans have, should our viewing figures be included? Since the format of the digital media is changing I believe THEY SHOULD, especially programs with good production values as SG1 would stay on air.

Sorry network television we are in control of what we watch, when we want not you! It's a new game.

Joyjerm

Gummi_Bear

[214]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 4

I know how it is when a series stops running when it's just beginning to become good.

I saw the first season of stargate right before the year 2000, and then they canselled it soo i never saw the continuing episode on season two, god i was soo mad for weeks.

Soo for a few years ago when we just got a new computer, I looked through it a few days later when a saw several seasons of stargate.   Soo thank good for downloads=)

But on the little peak we got on season 10 before it began they talked about closing the series with a movie, but then the hoped to use the actors from the first movie

Telkiar

[215]Jan 4, 2007
    Perhaps the reasons why the networks do not look at downloading figures are twofold.
    one: It's impossible to keep track of the number of downloads there are. People download from many different places. and most importantly:
    It's illegel to download. By admiting it you are susceptible to fines and/or worse alternatives. Because Stargate is shown on a cable network you are technically stealing.
    Most people do download, but I wouldn't be admiting it
    (Do you know that technically it's illegal to use your vcr to record a tv show in most places in the world?)

alison_974

[216]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 17
    I wish we could get them on itunes, or can we now, i don't mind paying a few dollars for brand new episodes.

as for the finale, i just read the summary for "unending" (on TV.com of course), it sounds ok, but it definitely sounds like it may have closure... look it up if you want, but i'm not gonna spoil it for those who want a surprise.

d3st2ny

[217]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    I'm so sad that the show is ending, but i'll take it in any form I can, whether it be movies or anything else they decide. I know that Amanda is wanting to spend more time with her daughter, so I figured she'd be leaving in a matter of a year or so anyway....but before she does, there better be some Sam/Jack closure...happy closure haha.

L_d_G

[218]Jan 5, 2007
    What about a mini movie series, each year....that would be kool. Maybe 4 or 5 in each one....it'd be just like doing a season, but not as long,or time consuming!

K494dia

[219]Jan 6, 2007
    I live in the UK. I wouldnt say I am a massive fan of SG1 but really looking forward to see how the story turns out.

Theres a new SG1 episode showing in the UK at 8PM GMT on SkyOne. The episode description is:

"After the startling revelation that Osric was in fact Adria, the SG-1 team are forced to confront the final deadly task in their quest for the Sangraal, accompanied by two of their greatest enemies."

I don't know the name of the episode but I'm pretty sure its the new one

Telkiar

[220]Jan 6, 2007
    Yeah. The UK is airing the last half of season 10 this week.