Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Stargate SG-1 Cancellation Thread - Direct Discussion Here

seto1

[301]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    yellowbucket101 wrote:
    It is inevitable that shows come to an end, that SG1 has done so is an absolute tragedy, but at least we have a small library of episodes to watch again. Also let's hope they make more films, the last two were brilliant
    It seems like everything that needed to have been said was said but allow me my two cent for a show as great as Stargate deserves to me remembered for the high points and contribution it made to scifi on the whole.I have heard many fans expressing their displeasure with the canceling of this show and im in full agreement with them but like a coin ever story has two sides.Sg1 lasted 10years a great achievement by many standards and during this time i laughed,cryed and had the occasional sickness in my stomach and loved it all.We may not want to admit it but sg1 was drawing in a smaller audience which in the end does matter to those in charge.In closing i shall simple say thank sg1 for all the fun time you gave me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bsandersb

[302]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    A good show never dies as long as it lives in the hearts of the fans and viewers. I am enjoying the dvd's and movies and hope that the team stays together and continue to make great movies. I don't believe the fans were fewer, just us older fans who like more in depth shows. We will leave the fast action sci fi for the younger viewers. I love SG1 because it presented leaders in human fashion and that we live in an imperfect world. I am confident that the people that I have come to love on this series will not let us down and will continue to produce good qualities shows. Good luck in the future!

OctoberGirl9

[303]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 8
    WOW...bsandersb and seto, well said very well said.

seto1

[304]Aug 16, 2009
    Thanks just thought it needed to be said.

Kalel18

[305]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 11

OctoberGirl9 wrote:
    WOW...bsandersb and seto, well said very well said.
    Ditto.

Without having read through the thread I'm sure I'll be repeating points already made, but...

SG1 was one of my favorite show all-time - well produced, well acted, great stories, and cosistently entertaining. But you have to know when to say goodbye. It was time. They had a great run, and knew when to quit. In ten years the did a remarkable job of not repeating themselves. They managed to keep the show fresh with the late additions of Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges, and the Ori story arc.

Quite frankly, IMO, you could tell that RDA was tired of playing jack O'Neill the last couple of years, it showed in his performance. I don't blame him, after a long run on McG. followed by a long run on SG-1 the man had to be tired. And, no doubt everyone concerned was getting tired. So, even though I miss it, I think it was wise to end it when they did.

Long Live SG-1.

seto1

[306]Oct 9, 2009
    Just passing by to say sg1 forever .

G3ckOz

[307]Sep 6, 2010
    • level: 13

I have just started re-watching all of SG-1 and boy have i missed it. They just don't make'em like they used to. It is indeed one of the best sci-fi tv shows i personally have known and never to be forgotten. While imagination and good writings are essential what SG-1 had in advantage was an incredibly put together actor team that somehow go like atoms of the same molecule. They gave life tot his incredible show that still after such a long time hasn't lost it's touch. Best SG series(so far).

jrsgalaxy

[308]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 14

SG-1 , you will be missed. Thank God for the DVD's.