Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Official Stargate SG-1 Cancellation Thread - Direct Discussion Here

poggie

[101]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 5
    I didnt particularly like Ben at first, as I knew him from his other show that I never got to watch. Felt too cliched bringing him over. I didnt quite get his charactor.

Claudie I never minded at all, but I didnt realise she was in the same show. Once she ripped off that kull warrior suit and straddled jackson, I was all for her.. 8]~~~  gotta love kiwi chicks bro.

But over the months, I've really gotten to like them both as new members. I honestly think they all work as a team just aswell as the original sg1.

But then, Im a die hard stargate fan, to me stargate is bigger than startrek...

I guess they need to make it a cartoon for it to stay on the network for over 16 years... Doh..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Clemontine

[102]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 23
    Well, we would probably all call ourselves die hard fans, but I also think I am the real thing. How can you be a die hard fan yet not like season 9? Its still SG isnt it? I have had no problem with the changes to SG. Its still the awesome show it was to me.

poggie

[103]Aug 25, 2006
    vinan wrote:
    Im trying to put a good spin on this news.

I mean how many shows go out when its doing well in its 10th season. NONE. Maybe ending it here is a way of preserving one of the best shows ever created.

I mean this september I got alot of shows to watch anyway (Heroes, Jericho, Six Degrees, Studio 60 and it goes on), and we will always have Battlestar Gallactica.

We will always have BSG ?

Sure, until it gets bad ratings, and then kiss that goodbye too.

poggie

[104]Aug 25, 2006
    vinan wrote:
    It would be interesting is really Sci-fi had no intention of cancelling the show and using this announcement as a way to boost ratings. Im sure its been done before. Or maybe im clutching at straws.

That thought had crossed my mind, but Im a pessamist.. 8(

poggie

[105]Aug 25, 2006
    rh10465 wrote:
    It sucks, I just hope they end it right. Beside who else can they fight after the ORI

Why do they have to finish the ORI off, why not find a way to defeat their uber powers, yet their still capable of using ORI technology that the Tau'ri dont have.

Much like the goa'uld but on a different tangent.

And it can be spiced up along the way with so many differnt stories.

The goa'ul went from season 1 to what, season 8 at least, before there was a break up of goa'uld supremacy and they fractured.

Im probly wrong there, but you know what I mean.

thats a whole load of shows. And most of them were damn good. I actually liked the episodes, for instance, where Jackson was revived in a sarcophagus on that mining planet, and near betrayed sg1. Much like how I loved hte episode where they ended up on the prison planet and found the destroyer of worlds, yet unwittingly helped her escape.

Those episodes stick in my mind and had nothing to do with the main theme. There are still many avenues of exploration, given the right writer, to head to.

I hope they dont can it, because it leaves us with no medium for such brilliant concepts. Where else can you go to such imaginative extremes, on tv these days, and still come off as being spot on.

It's like taking away your MP3 player and leaving you with random 0's and 1's. Useless.

poggie

[106]Aug 25, 2006
    Clemontine wrote:
    Well, we would probably all call ourselves die hard fans, but I also think I am the real thing. How can you be a die hard fan yet not like season 9? Its still SG isnt it? I have had no problem with the changes to SG. Its still the awesome show it was to me.

I guess you need to re-read my post. As you clearly didnt understand a word I said.

Or maybe point out where I said I didnt like season 9 ?

Im assuming youre talking to me, because you pick on the phrase I used "Die hard fan" in some childish antic, but then I may be wrong.

I said I didnt get the charactors at first, but they grew on me. So sorry.. omg.

sasg_2

[107]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 52
    Today there's a new episode airing in the US. I hope everyone decides to watch it. It's a good way to prove to the Sci-Fi channel that they made a HUGE mistake. Watch it please. I would if I could.

mihester

[108]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    Auntie_Am wrote:
    So what does SCI-FI plan to do with itself now that they've booted one of the very few watchable programs on their channel? More wrestling? More C-grade monster movies? Do they honestly think the audience they've been building will stick around for that dreck? I like SG-Atlantis, Eureka, and Battlestar Galactica--but never, ever stick around to watch anything else. (*Unless they have a B5 re-showing.)

That's exactly how I feel. Those are the only show that I watch on SCI-FI. Even though I like Atlantis, I felt that this season was on of the better SG-1 seasons I've seen. I at least hope for a miniseries.

mcepin3

[109]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 17

T1m2 wrote:
    is there any petitions on the internet that we can sign???

Yes there are,I know for this : www.savesg1.org

Also tell friends and they their friends,....Quickly all of you sign petition and if you have more email adresses,sent them from every single email that you got!Don't wait and spread the word out fast

LordYoshi

[110]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    sasg_2 wrote:
    Today there's a new episode airing in the US. I hope everyone decides to watch it. It's a good way to prove to the Sci-Fi channel that they made a HUGE mistake. Watch it please. I would if I could.

If you dont have a nelson rating box it wont matter. We all could watch it and they would never know.

rh10465

[111]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/25/2006 5:45pm

rh10465

[112]Aug 25, 2006
    poggie wrote:
    rh10465 wrote:
    It sucks, I just hope they end it right. Beside who else can they fight after the ORI

Why do they have to finish the ORI off, why not find a way to defeat their uber powers, yet their still capable of using ORI technology that the Tau'ri dont have.

Much like the goa'uld but on a different tangent.

And it can be spiced up along the way with so many differnt stories.

The goa'ul went from season 1 to what, season 8 at least, before there was a break up of goa'uld supremacy and they fractured.

Im probly wrong there, but you know what I mean.

thats a whole load of shows. And most of them were damn good.

Yea they had good episodes. But what would they do with the technology, shows on exploring? Goa'uld was able to last so long because the Tau'ri can fight back and also defend themselves. So far the Ori are unstopable just like in the finale 3 ships went through everyone without a scratch. The ship that was destroyed last time was a billion to 1 chance, wont happen again like that. Its going to be all or nothing with them

Clemontine

[113]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 23
    poggie wrote:
    Clemontine wrote:

I guess you need to re-read my post. As you clearly didnt understand a word I said.

Im assuming youre talking to me, because you pick on the phrase I used "Die hard fan" in some childish antic, but then I may be wrong.

I said I didnt get the charactors at first, but they grew on me. So sorry.. omg.

And point out where I said you didnt like season 9. I was talking to you, but I didnt say that I agreed or disagreed. I was simply stating my opinion on the issue you brought up.

And that "also" was refering to you.
    Edited on 08/25/2006 6:40pm
    Edited 2 total times.

poggie

[114]Aug 26, 2006
    Clemontine wrote:
    poggie wrote:
    Clemontine wrote:

And point out where I said you didnt like season 9. I was talking to you, but I didnt say that I agreed or disagreed. I was simply stating my opinion on the issue you brought up.

And that "also" was refering to you.

Here is you quote to me -

"Well, we would probably all call ourselves die hard fans, but I also
    think I am the real thing. How can you be a die hard fan yet not like
    season 9?
    "

Notice the "yet not like season 9?" part. What else does that mean ?

Now you failed to point out where I stated that I did not like season 9. Simple.

So Apology accepted.

poggie

[115]Aug 26, 2006
    rh10465 wrote:

Yea they had good episodes. But what would they do with the technology, shows on exploring? Goa'uld was able to last so long because the Tau'ri can fight back and also defend themselves. So far the Ori are unstopable just like in the finale 3 ships went through everyone without a scratch. The ship that was destroyed last time was a billion to 1 chance, wont happen again like that. Its going to be all or nothing with them

Well thats up to the writers what they do, isnt it. Youre making it so cut and dried that any sci-fi show would never happen.. Im optimistic that there are things that can be explored by the creative teams working on the show, I am far from convinced that they are out of ideas.

Where did the idea of the Ori, the Wraith, the Replicators come from.. Someones imagination.

The spark of an idea can lead to a flame that creates great stories.

All or nothing. I disagree, they managed to render a prior useless with technology. They know the ships are not indestructable. A well worked new plot can change that in an instance.

The replicators were all or nothing too, if you remember. But they were defeated.

Anubis was pretty much all or nothing.. But he was defeated.

His son was again, verging on all or nothing...  samo samo.

We will never know if it is canned.

scottjoc

[116]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 10
    Best way to wrap up the story imo is for them to create a full blown box office movie, something along the lines of "three years later" - the galaxy as we know it is almost completely trashed, earth has only managed to just survive for some reason

Something like that, to end it at the end of the season just seems too easy to me, it took them 8 years to defeat the g'ould, if they defeat the ori this year it only took them 2 years to defeat a race 100 times greater! it seems so cheap.

tommy0122

[117]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 12
    I really like this show. I hate to see it come to an end. Some shows seem to run out of good ideas for a story plot, but that is not the case with SG-1. I like the story line now better than ever. Oh well, "stuff" happens.

colivarg

[118]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 6

I´m so, so, so sad..... This can be true!!!

If, and I hope no, this happen I never watch the final, or the movie (for tv), because here (Brasil) they never past this things.

Now the tv (FOX) is with the 9 season, the 10th probaly just in the nest year, if the serie dead, I don´t no what happen...

Sorry for the english, but I´m thinking in portuguese.... and I´m so sad.....

NotFamous1982

[119]Aug 26, 2006
    Theres no doubt that, yes it is sad to see a great series such as this end. On the flip side though if it gets dragged out for too much longer then it will become weak. As long as the end of it is AMAZING then I think we should all be happy. Anyway Atlantis is still coming back and knowing the creators there will be another series in the pipe line - maybe it will spin off from Atlantis. My sympathies to Browder and Black though; thats 2 cancellations now (I hope they are not cursed or summit)....

NotFamous1982

[120]Aug 26, 2006
    Good point....... however you could always think of it as earth was very much under developed when they first met the goauld and now they have learnt from all of that now and so can beat the Ori faster?