Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Stargate Novels Update!

Tawrens

[1]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 7

Stargate SG-1: TRICKSTER: SG1-17(THE IBLIS TRILOGY - BOOK 3) by Steven Savile (The Power Behind the Throne: SG1-17)

ISBN-10: ISBN-13:

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date *NYP

Stargate SG-1: SHAPESHIFTER: SG1-16(THE IBLIS TRILOGY - BOOK 2) by Steven Savile (The Power Behind the Throne: SG1-16)

ISBN-10: ISBN-13:

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date *NYP

Stargate SG-1: Valhalla: SG1-15 by Tim Waggoner

ISBN-10: 1905586191 ISBN-13: 978-1905586196

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date Jun 25, 2009*NYP

SG-1 become enmeshed in a fierce battle straight out of Nordic mythology. Although unwilling participants, SG-1 soon find themselves fighting with the Vanir against their ancient foe - the brutal giants of Jotunheim - and feasting with them long into the night. But when dawn arrives, the team find themselves in a very different world. Although still at war, the Vanir and Jotunheim have advanced a millennia and fight with weapons of the 18th century.

Stargate SG-1: Shadows: SG1-14(THE IBLIS TRILOGY - BOOK 1) by Steven Savile (The Power Behind the Throne: SG1-14)

ISBN-10:1905586175 ISBN-13: 978-1905586172

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date Mar 31, 2009*NYP

When we asked about the specifics of the trilogy, Savile said that he has "been fascinated by the experiments of Sigmund Rascher and the developments in aviation knowledge they led to, and how they came from such a dark place in humanity's life. And I've had a hankering to do something with Joseph Campbell's monomyth / hero quest. So my first thought was could I find a way to interlace these ideas. I did."Things start off with a bang -- Tok'ra agents being compromised, a search and rescue that goes hideously wrong, and a time shift that drops our heroes in a world tearing itself apart from the inside out. It is a quite dark story in places, I freely admit, but it (hopefully) isn't preachy. It's a trilogy: 'Shadows,' 'Shapeshifter,' and 'Trickster,' which the astute reader will spot immediately as being part of the archetypal characters of the monomyth -- a big hint, right there." Savile promises to make this trilogy an SG-1 event not to be missed. "One thing Sally and I were very conscious of was making something big," Savile said. "What we've done is basically plot out an entire season arc in the trilogy, so instead of getting an extra episode we're offering up enough thrills, danger, excitement, humor, and story for an entire season -- and with a limitless special effects budget. So we're talking some fun, as well."

In the spirit of not being completely useless with this new bright and shiny website, I am absolutely thrilled to announce that I have just signed on with Fandemonium & MGM to write a trilogy of novels for Stargate SG-1 that we've temporarily christened Shadows with the first book The Power Behind the Throne . Set midway through Season 5 it'll be featuring all of your favourite team members (or mine at least), with Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c doing what those boys and girls do best. Without giving anything away, I sat down with the editor and suggested a storyline on a scale that simply couldn't fit into a single book, think of it more as a complete season crammed into about 1,000 pages. That ought to whet the appetite.

Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-12 by David Niall Wilson

ISBN-10:1905586205 ISBN-13: 978-1905586202

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date Jun 25, 2009*NYP

Dr. Rodney McKay must try to rescue his friends who are stranded on an icy world on the edge of the Pegasus Galaxy.

Stargate Atlantis: Dead End: SGA-14 by Chris Wraight

ISBN-10: 1905586221 ISBN-13: 978-1905586226

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date Sep 25, 2009*NYP

Stargate Atlantis:The Internal DarknessSGA-13 Kevin Hosey

ISBN-10: 1905586213 ISBN-13: 978-1905586219

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date Aug 25, 2009*NYP

Arogue virus is turning people into Wraiths and the team must race to find a cure before the effects become irreversible.

Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-12 by David Niall Wilson

ISBN-10:1905586205 ISBN-13: 978-1905586202

The Stargate Atlantis team discover a city on a moon that's about to plunge into its own sun. But the city which looked as if it had been abandoned turns out to be inhabited by descendants of the Ancients who have fallen into decadence and debauchery. Faced with a dissolute society disinterested in their own fate and unable to escape, the team must fight their way free before being plunged into a fiery death.

Stargate Atlantis - Nightfall: SGA-10 Author James Swallow

ISBN-10: 1905586140 ISBN-13: 978-1905586141

Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95 Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa Publication date Apr 25, 2009*NYP

In the distant Pegasus galaxy, the scientists and soldiers of the Atlantis expedition push back the frontiers of knowledge and exploration; in the city of the Ancients, new challenges and old secrets are waiting to be unlocked. Far from home, ranged against lethal enemies the Atlantis team must fight to preserve a distant outpost of humanity against impossible odds; but when the Nightfall comes, it will be like nothing they have ever encountered before...Deception and lies abound on the planet of Heruun, protected from the Wraith for generations by the mysterious guardian 'Aegis'. But the 'Aegis' is something no one can imagine. With the planet falling victim to an incurable wasting sickness, and two of Colonel Sheppard's team going missing, the secrets of the Aegis must be revealed. The shocking truth threatens to tear Herunn society apart, bringing down upon them the scourge of the Wraith. With a Hive ship poised to attack, there is much more at stake than the fate of one planet. For the 'Ageis' conceals a threat so dangerous that Colonel Sheppard and his team must risk everything to eliminate it from the Pegasus galaxy...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[2]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 23
    They need to make an Atlantis book with Carter in charge.

pferreira86

[3]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 17
    This should probably be for another thread but Big Finish do audio novels for the series using the cast from the show. I believe they have some more planned for the future. Their biggest success has been the Doctor Who range which has built up a fanbase so we're in safe hands.

Tawrens

[4]Mar 12, 2009

CaptainHarkness wrote:

They have it's called Nightfall. I just got it and the cover is Sheperd, Carter, Teyla.

CaptainHarkness

[5]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 23
    Tawrens wrote:

CaptainHarkness wrote:

They have it's called Nightfall. I just got it and the cover is Sheperd, Carter, Teyla.

They do? I didn't know that. I'll have to get it. I also want to get Blood Ties.

Tawrens

[6]Mar 14, 2009
    CaptainHarkness wrote:
    Tawrens wrote:

CaptainHarkness wrote:

They do? I didn't know that. I'll have to get it. I also want to get Blood Ties.

Yep and so is Angelus which is referenced in Nightfall unfortunately it seems Nightfall beat Angelus to publication. Oh well.

jezzasparky

[7]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 3

ooooooooooooooh!:-)

Thanks for the heads up - I look forward to those!!!:-)

And thanks pferreira86 for the info on the audio books! I've just bought 2 of them:-)

Been looking for new stuff to read/listen to!
    Edited on 03/27/2009 6:29am

pferreira86

[8]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 17
    jezzasparky wrote:

ooooooooooooooh!:-)

Thanks for the heads up - I look forward to those!!!:-)

And thanks pferreira86 for the info on the audio books! I've just bought 2 of them:-)

Been looking for new stuff to read/listen to!
    Glad to be of help! I'm actually thinking about buying some Doctor Who audios. They're supposed to be quite good.