Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - Spoiler-free Zone

thetruesora

[61]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 22
    well it's just with it being leaked then it means the sales of the DVD will go down. I don't have sky (I have Virgin Media). So I have to wait until the DVD comes out over here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nrvanagrl

[62]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 1

thetruesora wrote:
    well it's just with it being leaked then it means the sales of the DVD will go down. I don't have sky (I have Virgin Media). So I have to wait until the DVD comes out over here.

Eh, you don't know that for sure. For instance, Ark of Truth is number one on Amazon's bestseller list, and it's been hanging around 2-5 for the past couple of weeks. I think it will do well. I can't wait to get home and watch it I keep poking over to Http://www.myspace.com/stargatearkoftruth to watch the trailer.

Telkiar

[63]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    I agree with Sora. Sales WILL go down, but not by any visible number.
    The people who have gotten the pirate copy and do not plan on buying the DVD would of gotten a pirate copy eventually.
    As long as the people who were going to buy it will still buy it I don't see much affect.

I've pre-ordered my copy already!! Who hasn't yet?

Telkiar

[64]Mar 11, 2008
    btw, thanks for that link. I hadn't seen that yet.

pwells01

[65]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 16

Well, I finally watched the movie, so I figure I'd be nice and share just a few little spoilers with you:

1. The Ark of Truth is NOT a big, wooden boat containing two asgards, two furlings, two nox, and two wookees, contrary to popular belief.

2. Timewise, the movie supposedly takes place after everything that occurs before it.

3. I liked the movie, so ignore the naysayers and ignore me as well

Enjoy!

sajwest

[66]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    pwells01 wrote:

Well, I finally watched the movie, so I figure I'd be nice and share just a few little spoilers with you:

1. The Ark of Truth is NOT a big, wooden boat containing two asgards, two furlings, two nox, and two wookees, contrary to popular belief.

2. Timewise, the movie supposedly takes place after everything that occurs before it.

Enjoy!

I just laughed so much I nearly spat my drink over my computer screen!

The one I've highlighted is my fave.

pwells01

[67]Mar 13, 2008
    sajwest wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:

Enjoy!

I must've been in a silly mood when I wrote that post! Enjoy the movie, and the DVD extras are good, too.

Idbeolderifiwas

[68]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 20
    pwells01 wrote:
    sajwest wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:

Enjoy!

I must've been in a silly mood when I wrote that post! Enjoy the movie, and the DVD extras are good, too.

Yes they're good, I wish there were a few more but I loved the Comic-con Q&A Session.

borghl

[69]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    pwells01 wrote:

Enjoy!

Well, now I'm disappointed. I thought the ark would be a big wooden boat with some Wookies aboard. Now what do I have to look forward to?
    lol

Telkiar

[70]Mar 13, 2008
    pwells01 wrote:

I was ready to slap you silly, Pwell. Then I got the nerve to read what you said.
    I like this part, since there was alot of sec that it'd take place like a billion years before/after the season final.
    Hope it's good. I gotta wait until April to get the Aussie release. It's worth the wait though.

MelbourneAussie

[71]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 5

You little , pwells01. I too was ready to explode if you did spoil the movie. However, like Telkiar, I held my breath and read your post anyway.

Whilst waiting, I've been watching my DVDs from Season 9 onwards to refresh my memory re the Ori and I must admit it's easy to get side tracked and watch all the episodes - i.e. the ones with little to no mention of the Ori at all. I'm going to miss this show sooo much when it does finally finish completely.

sinar121

[72]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 8

lol

me also would've been bent out of shape with pwells' spoiler thingy, but i knew he knew better than to give anything away

my dvd is arriving late

Telkiar

[73]Mar 14, 2008
    MelbourneAussie wrote:
    Whilst waiting, I've been watching my DVDs from Season 9 onwards to refresh my memory re the Ori and I must admit it's easy to get side tracked and watch all the episodes

That was the plan! Admittedly I got a tad distracted and ended up watching season 4 instead. I'll get to 9 eventually

pwells01

[74]Mar 14, 2008

lol, sorry guys! I didn't mean to create a ruckus over the post. Next time I'll be more careful how I handle it (or not ).

borghl, sorry but no wookies indeed. But, you can add that in to your soap opera story with sinar121

sinar121

[75]Mar 15, 2008
    pwells01 wrote:

lol, sorry guys! I didn't mean to create a ruckus over the post. Next time I'll be more careful how I handle it (or not ).

borghl, sorry but no wookies indeed. But, you can add that in to your soap opera story with sinar121

borghl will write the first chapter

Telkiar

[76]Mar 16, 2008
    Hey. Did any aussies order their DVD through EzyDVD? If so I'm curious if you entered the beat the bomb competition and what did you answer?

borghl

[77]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    sinar121 wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:

I think there's something wrong with us. But, hey! i'm totally on board with that!

sinar121

[78]Mar 17, 2008
    borghl wrote:
    sinar121 wrote:
    pwells01 wrote:

I think there's something wrong with us. But, hey! i'm totally on board with that!

lol yep. why don't u do everything, but don't make Carter a man!

sajwest

[79]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 23

Just a quick update for UK fans....

ARK OF TRUTH.... as well as being shown Easter Monday (24th) at 8pm on Sky One,it will also be shown on....

Tuesday 25th March at 9pm on Sky Two .......and........ Wednesday 26th March 8pm Sky One.

Why they are showing it 3 days in a row I don't know,but that is what my tv guide says,so....

Idbeolderifiwas

[80]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    sajwest wrote:

Just a quick update for UK fans....

ARK OF TRUTH.... as well as being shown Easter Monday (24th) at 8pm on Sky One,it will also be shown on....

Tuesday 25th March at 9pm on Sky Two .......and........ Wednesday 26th March 8pm Sky One.

Why they are showing it 3 days in a row I don't know,but that is what my tv guide says,so....

I can understand airing it again on tuesday because not everyone will be able to watch on Easter, but a third time is odd.