Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Stargate Universe Has A Go!

jwgrlrrajn

[41]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    hapat wrote:
    Yeah usually when shows try to reinvent themselves to appeal to a younger audience they suck. So hopefully this doesn't follow the same pattern.

You know, they tried that with Batman Beyond, but it ended up being darker than the show it spun-off from. Go figure. (here's hoping for that to happen with SGU)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[42]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 21
    Yeah, I was addicted to that show. Shame it only ran 3 seasons. The movie was pretty good as well. Their animated movies were better than the live action ones especially Batman and Robin [2 hours I'll never get back and the lost $7].

pferreira86

[43]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 17
    More adventures to other planets. Can't wait!

pwells01

[44]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    Robert Carlyle has been tapped to play Dr. David Rush.

SG1 Solutions link

I think this is encouraging news, as I was expecting someone really young. I'm still looking forward to seeing who the Colonel will be.

shanewojt

[45]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 4

Ok, this show is great and the first three seasons Showtime picked up which was great but after the first five seasons the show changed a little with the same old story lines but old is good sometimes!

I'm not a big fan of the big character changes during the seasons. No matter what, I still love the show, Its kind of hard to watch the last couple of season simply because the show wasn't the same after the big charter change. Don't get me wrong, I do love the show and own a few seasons on DVD!

jwgrlrrajn

[46]Dec 17, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:
    Yeah, I was addicted to that show. Shame it only ran 3 seasons. The movie was pretty good as well. Their animated movies were better than the live action ones especially Batman and Robin [2 hours I'll never get back and the lost $7].

Of course, that was before they made Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

CaptainHarkness

[47]Dec 17, 2008
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:
    Of course, that was before they made Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
    Thoses two movies are EPIC!

MajLorne

[48]Dec 24, 2008
    No question about it! I must see it in BluRay

CaptainHarkness

[49]Dec 24, 2008
    In Blu-Ray? Just imagine the possibilities.

seto1

[50]Apr 5, 2009
    I have tried to get as much info as i can about universe and to be honest it doesnt look that bad.The cast is somwhat younger than the norm for stargate media however the storyline is very cool.It revolves around the 9th chevron and the ancient ship that seed the universe with stargates.

tinkertink15

[51]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 2

when is this show on

CaptainHarkness

[52]Jun 21, 2009
    tinkertink15 wrote:

when is this show on

October, I think.

seto1

[53]Jun 22, 2009
    Its suppose to have a two hour movie in the summer and its premier in the fall.

hex_fan_999

[54]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    My best friend is so exited. She loves Stargate: SG1

seto1

[55]Oct 12, 2009
    Well the premiere of universe has come and gone and its not as bad as everyone expected,i can see myself watching more of this

tvfreakazoid

[56]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 8

I sometimes don't get syfy fans!!! To many crybabies. That's what i get reading syfy forums about syfy shows. It's not syfy enough, it's different compared to the other series, why can't we have all the same characters, why can't it be in the same universe or time blah blah blah. It seems a lot of syfy fans are so one dimensional, so one sided.

Ok people prefer SG1, and atlantis and that cool. Never got into SG1 but atlantis was cool. So far, SGU is the best for me. More character based, not a juvenile, well sometimes. A little more of my style. I like it cause it's a different compared to other SG series. And it's suppose to be. Its like having the same old food but once in while it's good to change it up. What is wrong with some change.

Stop comparing it to the other series because it's not suppose to be like the other series. That's what the producers of the show said that it's going to be a little more edgy, and more character based. Come on people live a little and just enjoy the show or at least give a it a chance.

Hope this show gets renewed for another season.

zzbeach

[57]Mar 17, 2010
    • level: 12

Sorry Freaky, but the show is not good.I hope it gets better butI have a feeling it'll sink the Stargate franchise. It's the main reason that SG1 and Atlantis will not get the dvd movies that were promised. And the fact that sci fi fans are picky about their shows isn't exactly news. Everybody and their brother predicted that SGU was going to stir up a hornet's nest of resentment when it was announced that it was going to be more of a soap opera.

seto1

[58]Apr 22, 2010
    Well to be honest Universe is starting to grow on but only since it actually introduce some aliens lets hope we get more action to add to the story telling.

tvfreakazoid

[59]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 8

All i'm saying is don't compare it to other SG shows. It's suppose to be different. What is the point of making it like the other SG shows? There is no reason the make a new one if they don't make it different.

Hopefully it will grow on some people and last as long as SG1 MuhahahahhaTongue out, well at least for me.

MajLorne

[60]Apr 28, 2010

It'll be lucky if it lasts just 5 seasons like Atlantis and SG-1 when Sci-Fi aquired the show.

I admit SG-1 and SGA both lost steam at the end of their seasons recycling plots and some episodes that were terrible fillers, but it was the way Sci-Fi just canned them midway thru the season without warning.

SGU got off on a dreadfully slow pace with storylines on earth no one cares about especially episodes like Life and Earth. The 2nd half has been ok, but Faith was soso, but nothing really happened other than them finding out about an alien race that can create new worlds. So far episodes like Time and Air (1) have been 'true' Stargate episodes.

Everything else in this show so far you can just use a shuttle or a teleporter instead of a gate [and almost half so far didn't even use it]. This show may as well have been its own show minus the Stargate prefix. I mean if it is supposed to be a 'stargate' show at least involve the gate more than using the shuttle most of the time. And I can speak for myself when I say if this show was called 'Destiny' and no Stargate prefix, most Stargate fans would probably be at peace because it doesn't relate much with the other two shows.

Edited on 04/28/2010 10:02pm