Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

Third movie green-lit + News

CaptainHarkness

[1]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 23

Well Richard Dean anderson revealed in a recent interview that the third SG-1 movie has indeed been green lit. So Wooooooooooooooo! on that part.

Richard Dean Anderson has also stated that he will be in multiple episodes in the early run of Stargate Universe. He will also be appearing with Michael Shanks and Gary Jones in the first Universe episode.

What does everyone think? http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/04/anderson-confirms-sgu-appearances/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    Thats great,i really missed RDA on sg1 but it seems like he is always there to open a new stargate and thats great

dj1960

[3]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 4

Its great that RDA is back and that he shows so much loyalty to the franchise. Where as we all see it as great value entertainment it is still business for all those involved with the making of this great show but I have always felt that they have always managed to portray the show in such a manner as it seems everyone is fully committed to presenting a quality product as well as by all accounts I have read they enjoy it and genuinely like each other as well.

pferreira86

[4]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 17
    He obviously loves the whole Stargate universe (I'm not just talking about the show) and is keen to return. Good for him and good for us. I hope the third Stargate movie turns out great!

seto1

[5]Apr 8, 2009
    i hope we finally get to see the furlings.

OctoberGirl9

[6]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 8
    The furlings are something I've wanted to see for a while. So happy that they've decided on a third movie. Still not too interested in Stargate Universe.

MajLorne

[7]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 21
    Well this will bode well for Universe, at least we'll get to see RDA in the first few episodes rather than just so he can say farewell to them and show up later in the show's run.

seto1

[8]Jun 11, 2009
    MajLorne wrote:
    Well this will bode well for Universe, at least we'll get to see RDA in the first few episodes rather than just so he can say farewell to them and show up later in the show's run.
    Thats good at least but i still have my reservations about Universe and the whole idea of a younger target audience franky scares a bit

pferreira86

[9]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    It's odd since it's supposed to be a darker show but is aimed at a younger audience. Personally, after Stargate Atlantis I don't know if I can handle something that's even darker. That show was pretty dark and gritty.

seto1

[10]Jun 13, 2009
    Thats true when i first saw the wraith i was totally freaked ,so menacing but can a wraith foot soldier beat a goauld warrior.

MajLorne

[11]Jun 13, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    It's odd since it's supposed to be a darker show but is aimed at a younger audience. Personally, after Stargate Atlantis I don't know if I can handle something that's even darker. That show was pretty dark and gritty.
    Beginning of season 5 of Atlantis had some grittiness to it, but the latter half of the season had way too many fillers, imo. Same goes for season 10 of Sg-1. Otherwise they were fairly good.

seto1

[12]Jun 13, 2009
    A few of the fillers were pretty good.

jwgrlrrajn

[13]Jun 17, 2009
    You know, if they haven't done it already (I have yet to see discs 2-5 of SG-1's season 10 and seasons 2-5 of Atlantis), I think it would be fitting if they had SG-1 at a memorial service for General Hammond in the new movie since Don S. Davis is no longer with us. *plays taps*

seto1

[14]Jun 19, 2009
    Yea not to mention an official ceremony for the general hammod ship would have nice too instead of just a mention.

CaptainHarkness

[15]Jun 21, 2009
    Maybe the new movie will take place before the Atlantis finale and it'll strat out with a funeral for Hammond. Jack can write the Eulogy.

seto1

[16]Jun 22, 2009
    If its before the finale what would be point,mayb they have a clip in the movie but let the time line remain after the finale.

CaptainHarkness

[17]Nov 12, 2009

The movie has now been given the working title of Stargate: Revolution http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/11/third-sg-1-movie-is-stargate-revolution/

Thoughts?

Edited on 11/12/2009 3:09pm

wedgeantilles54

[18]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 12

Can't wait for the next movie, hopefully it means the atlantis movie will get made too, cause they left alot of things up in the air when they ended it.

As to the movie i do hope they have do show some sort memorial for hammond as well as explaining the cryptic references to the Odessy being on a secret mission durring the events of enemy at the Gates in some way.

hapat

[19]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 14
    It has the original 4 and Jack is actually in it for the whole thing, can't really go wrong with that, while you can if they make another friggin time travel/alternate reality thing or something, but doubt it. I just hope it gets made.

They keep going on about how this one won't sell well, which is bs, cause it will and how they want to wait. While if they wait to friggin long then they might not be able to make another one, which they give as another reason why they are waiting. I'd rather get a 3rd one for sure, then wait for a 3rd one in hopes of a 4th one. Especailly when waiting for a 3rd one could make a 3rd one, as well as a 4th one never happen.

MajLorne

[20]Dec 3, 2009

The SG-1/Atlantis fans will totally flock to get this dvd since Universe is so bogged down with drama. A true sci-fi movie is very welcomed at this point.

I do hope they get around to making an Atantis movie as well.

Edited on 12/03/2009 8:20pm