Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

What do you want to see in a third SG-1 movie?

CaptainHarkness

[1]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 23

Well I don't think MGM has actually confirmed a third sg-1 movie yet but Amanda Tapping said in an interview a couple of months ago that she was shooting the atlantis movie and another SG-1 movie early next year. That is if I remember correctly.

Anyway what would all the other fans like to see in a third movie? Storylines that weren't finished, Characters, Enemies?

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pwells01

[2]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    Just off the top of my head, what I might want to see:

no time travel, no alternate reality

(maybe) Jack having a major role

crossover (like "Pegasus Project") movie would be great, although that's unlikely to happen

Back to adventuring, exploration, and discovery, something thought-provoking like The Great Alliance/meaning of life with things to ponder

possible familiar faces/races: Maybourne, Aschen, "Crystal Skull" giants, although a new enemy would also be good

Edit: If not a fresh adventure or thought-provoking idea, then an enormous space battle might do
    Edited on 11/09/2008 10:50am

pinchasb

[3]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 13
    A crossover like "Pegasus Project.
    A good ending to the Jack and Sam story and a main port for Jack.

osdawaya16

[4]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 28
    I'd love more Ba'al. I know the Goa'uld is dead and gone, but I'd love to see Cliff Simon back in it. They could add him to the team! Nah...Maybe they could just bring him in as a consult? Anywho, I think it would be interesting to meet the Furlings (is that how you spell it?). We never did, did we? I think it would be fun if they brought back a friend/acquaintance/enemy from one of the early early early episodes.

jrsgalaxy

[5]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 14
    I would like the five races to finally all have a meeting like the previous would to share and ponder the meaning of life texts.

Finnegan77

[6]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 27
    A story developed for the story, not based on what locations they happened to have access to. An adventure in the pure sense of the word, with team interaction (not being split up into sub-teams for the majority of the film), multi-faceted conflict and puzzles to solve, that doesn't stifle character development with jumped up special effects. So, you know, just everything that made the perfect SG-1 episode on steriods! Think Lost City, Heroes, The Quest, The Other Side, Scorched Earth. Some intra-team conflict also sells well, IMO.

osdawaya16

[7]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 28

Finnegan77 wrote:
    A story developed for the story, not based on what locations they happened to have access to. An adventure in the pure sense of the word, with team interaction (not being split up into sub-teams for the majority of the film), multi-faceted conflict and puzzles to solve, that doesn't stifle character development with jumped up special effects. So, you know, just everything that made the perfect SG-1 episode on steriods! Think Lost City, Heroes, The Quest, The Other Side, Scorched Earth. Some intra-team conflict also sells well, IMO.

I would definitely love a movie like those episodes. I do really want Cliff Simon to come back though, even though he's not Ba'al. I'd kind of like to get to know the host..

jezzasparky

[8]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 3

So long as it has "Great big honkin' space guns" in it i'm happy:-)

Lots of Jack, Lots of Cam, Lots of Daniel...

More seriously - a definite resolution to the Sam/Jack story rather than small references that leave us asking where they're at.

Furlings would be cool (but I suppose unlikely)

I also would prefer that they're actually all together working as a team rather than split up all over the place...

ummm....

zhangliao1

[9]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    i wanna see the furlings(not cute and fuzzy)
    a big wedding with jack and sam
    apophis conquering the earth

pinchasb

[10]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 13
    I like to see jack on his last mission and end with a wadding with Sam

hapat

[11]Dec 2, 2008
    Start off with Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c sitting around the gate room remincsing. Then the gate comes on, they close the iris not knowing what to expect and after a few seconds of nothing Narim walks through. They are all surprised to see him alive and well. He explains that he has come to ask their help once again. But they must come quickly.

So the four follow him through the gate and go to a meeting area. There they are greeted by Bra'tac and non other than Maybourne. It seems the whole ordeal has been brought about by Maybourne. He found another future reference and as he read it, he was transported to the homeworld of the Furlings, where the remaining Tollan have been living since their planet got destroyed. At first they didn't know what to make of him, but when he mentioned how they needed to find sg-1 and Jack O'Neil, Narim heard him out and decided it was time to pay his old friends a visit. Well the furlings contacted Bra'Tac for his experience with the upcoming foe. They follow the three into a room where the Nox, the Furlings and Tollan sit, with Oma postioned in the middle, who finally found a way to defeat Anubis once and for all with the help of the Furlings. Bra'Tac mentions to Teal'c how the fight they thought was over, has only just begun. Teal'c becomes curious, as they all take their seats. Maybourne gets up in the middle and explains the future reference that he read before being transported. He explains that the long thought dead foe Apophis has actually been alive and well, surviving the crash. Just laying in wait for all the other system lords to die off, the replicators to be destroyed and the Ori to be dealt with. Now he is ready to strike. With an army unlike anything they've seen before.

Then it would go on how they'd have to stop Apophis once and for all. Alot of Jack and Daniel banter, alot of references to past stuff, alot of Jack and Maybourne banter, some good fight scenes with Teal'c and Bra'tac and most of all revealing alot about the furlings in the process. Something along those lines.

Finnegan77

[12]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 27
    I don't know, I'm not really looking for an "old home week" movie. A great plot and lots of team action, yep. Seeing every person we ever met coming through the Stargate? Not so much.

jrsgalaxy

[13]Dec 2, 2008
    hapat wrote:
    Start off with Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c sitting around the gate room remincsing. Then the gate comes on, they close the iris not knowing what to expect and after a few seconds of nothing Narim walks through. They are all surprised to see him alive and well. He explains that he has come to ask their help once again. But they must come quickly.

So the four follow him through the gate and go to a meeting area. There they are greeted by Bra'tac and non other than Maybourne. It seems the whole ordeal has been brought about by Maybourne. He found another future reference and as he read it, he was transported to the homeworld of the Furlings, where the remaining Tollan have been living since their planet got destroyed. At first they didn't know what to make of him, but when he mentioned how they needed to find sg-1 and Jack O'Neil, Narim heard him out and decided it was time to pay his old friends a visit. Well the furlings contacted Bra'Tac for his experience with the upcoming foe. They follow the three into a room where the Nox, the Furlings and Tollan sit, with Oma postioned in the middle, who finally found a way to defeat Anubis once and for all with the help of the Furlings. Bra'Tac mentions to Teal'c how the fight they thought was over, has only just begun. Teal'c becomes curious, as they all take their seats. Maybourne gets up in the middle and explains the future reference that he read before being transported. He explains that the long thought dead foe Apophis has actually been alive and well, surviving the crash. Just laying in wait for all the other system lords to die off, the replicators to be destroyed and the Ori to be dealt with. Now he is ready to strike. With an army unlike anything they've seen before.

Then it would go on how they'd have to stop Apophis once and for all. Alot of Jack and Daniel banter, alot of references to past stuff, alot of Jack and Maybourne banter, some good fight scenes with Teal'c and Bra'tac and most of all revealing alot about the furlings in the process. Something along those lines.

Sounds like a good premise? But seriously Apophis the greatest threat after Anubis, the Replicators and The Ori have been succesfully defeated..Not even with all the super soldiers in the galaxy..how about a rogue Tollan?

hapat

[14]Dec 3, 2008
    Apophis himself wouldn't be the threat. He would show up all by himself on the Furling homeworld. They would make fun of him and Maybourne for the oh so great army he's supposed to have, which only seems like him. Then he would press a button on his little arm pad thingy and he would now have total control over the Furlings. Because it turns out they are just normal advanced people by the looks of them, but they hide a secret. They can break out into a rage type thing, their hair grows a bit longer, hence the name furlings and they can't control themselves. They don't go all caveman or hulk like, they are still just as smart as before, just now do whatever the heck they want without thinking of the consequences. But they stopped this from happening years ago by implanting a chip into each and every one of them, that controls this problem, which Apophis has tapped into. So he now has his own private army, completely under his control. They start destroying planets one by one. Jack wants to go in and try and wipe them out, but Daniel doesn't want to hurt them because their not in control of their actions and that leads to the whole moral dilemma between the two as usual. In the end they all agree with Jack because they know they'll eventually be heading to Earth. After Daniel exhausts all options, Oma can't interfere, the Nox remain neutral, Narim has no idea how to stop them, etc. He reluctantly follows.

Now the six of them are on their own, as Narim choices not to fight, Bra'Tac is always up for it and Maybourne says what the heck and follows suit. Eventually they get to Apophis get him down, he shouts Shoffa at Teal'c once and for all and then Teal'c and Bra'Tac blast the crap out of him with their staff weapons, making sure he's good and dead. Daniel gives Sam Apophis's control mechanism and she finds that there is no way to reverse the effects with this, it was only built to work one way, not reverse anything.

So now the smartest beings they have ever met so far, have become their deadlist enemies. No conscience, no goal, just doing what ever they want to what ever and who ever they want just because they feel like it. Daniel says their must be a way to turn them back, we have to help them. Then Jack says one way or another. They watch on as their ships enter hyperspace disappearing from view, a look of distress comes across the entire teams face, the camera backs out showing empty space and it ends.

zzbeach

[15]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    Wow hapat, I thought I had an imagination. If there is talk about the Furlings they won't appear until the forth. The first two dvds did well enough so the suits at MGM know #3 will probably do well. They'll play the Furling card for #4 and have a scene at the end of #3 where it'll go: "Jack" Daniel shouts, "Cam, Teal'C and Sam, get over here." "What is it Jackson?" Mitchell replies. "I've found it!" Daniel exclaims. "Found what, Daniel?" Jack snorts. "The Gate address to the Furlings. I've found the Furlings!" Then about a month after the release of #3 there'll be a "leak" on the internet of a small section of #4 where Daniel is meeting the Furlings but you can't see them clearly and the video gives them a shadowy appearance but the fans will whipped into a frenzy anyway. The first day it's available Amazon will report record sales and the Furlings will revealed.

jrsgalaxy

[16]Dec 13, 2008
    Sounds a little contrived don't you think. I dont think even the producers know what the Furlings look like that is why they did that spoof on Ewoks in "200". They are having a hard time about getting them in the series or movies. That is why they were never worked into the show. They just didnt know how to make it work. SAMe for the Giants in Crystall Skull. They introduce an alien species but realize later that it is impractical to show them again. The only reason that fans are so rabid is that everyone likes a mystery. HAd they already showed them they would nt have been this popular. THe writers could have said Ocearans instead of Furlings and we would be talking about them the same way. MAybethey wil show them but they wont live up to everyones expectations and will be a huge letdown. They are better off where they are ,Legend Status.
    Edited on 12/13/2008 11:06pm

seto1

[17]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    The next movie should revolve around the discovery of spacial rift in both pegasus and our own galaxy and they appear to be widening.Very soon its dicovered that this is only one step in a an intricateplan which involves a number of past enemies of both worlds.We soon learn that merlins device doesnt kill ascened beings but make them human dare i say ancients again,even though they hav lost lost much of the knowlegethey had they use the store house of the ancients to regin as much as they could in hope of plotting revenge.

cojan_duffy

[18]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 7

Maybe it's tme for the gate to go public.

IOA representative (maybe even Woolsey) stands up on poddium with monumental news for mankind.

Shot rings out and he falls. Crowds scream, panic.

Shooter turns out to be Kinsey? He's still a host We never did see him get killed...

Gives a chance for a character based movie on Earth with no major CGI effects that would require a big budget like a space battle would.

(Althugh this does sound like the majority of Kinsey episodes...)

MajLorne

[19]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    zzbeach wrote:
    Wow hapat, I thought I had an imagination. If there is talk about the Furlings they won't appear until the forth. The first two dvds did well enough so the suits at MGM know #3 will probably do well. They'll play the Furling card for #4 and have a scene at the end of #3 where it'll go: "Jack" Daniel shouts, "Cam, Teal'C and Sam, get over here." "What is it Jackson?" Mitchell replies. "I've found it!" Daniel exclaims. "Found what, Daniel?" Jack snorts. "The Gate address to the Furlings. I've found the Furlings!" Then about a month after the release of #3 there'll be a "leak" on the internet of a small section of #4 where Daniel is meeting the Furlings but you can't see them clearly and the video gives them a shadowy appearance but the fans will whipped into a frenzy anyway. The first day it's available Amazon will report record sales and the Furlings will revealed.
    LOL, you know what the kicker would be, your ideas have been SOO GOOD that this'll never be picked up by tPtB.

swtt

[20]Dec 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    Is it 100% there will be a third movie.