Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

What do you want to see in a third SG-1 movie?

Finnegan77

[21]Dec 27, 2008
    • level: 27
    Yes. I really believe they will need to deal, in some way, with the aftermath of the Ori invasion. Now there are many planets out there who were all turned to the Ori, mostly by force, or threat of death. The inhabitants of those planets are going to be fairly angry about their treatment at the hands of the priors, who will all now be powerless. I can see two scenarios: SG-1 has to actually protect the people (priors) who were trying to kill them all for three years from the mobs of villagers who want revenge, and/or a few priors have banded together to try to make a new type of Alliance - using technology to try to keep planets under their collective thumbs, trying to make people believe they still have the power of the Ori backing them up. Even if something like this is only a tiny sub-plot to a great adventure, it shouldn't be ignored.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrsgalaxy

[22]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    What ever became of the Harsesis? I think they should do something with that storyline. Unless I missed something ? I havent seen any episodes save a few from the fifth season so if they showed something there then forgive me.

seto1

[23]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 16
    Actaully the kid ascended,i wouldnt be surprised that he will be our only hope soon enough

jrsgalaxy

[24]Dec 30, 2008
    seto1 wrote:
    Actaully the kid ascended,i wouldnt be surprised that he will be our only hope soon enough

When did he ascend? Was it mentioned during the fifth season or another? Was it that episode that Shaare was communicating to Daniel and then he finally met the Harsesis on Abydos and they brought him back to the base?

Finnegan77

[25]Jan 1, 2009
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    seto1 wrote:

When did he ascend? Was it mentioned during the fifth season or another? Was it that episode that Shaare was communicating to Daniel and then he finally met the Harsesis on Abydos and they brought him back to the base?

The Harcesis child was raised by Oma Desala (see Maternal Instinct) so I don't know if you could say that he "ascended" - maybe he was given unusual powers because he lived on that higher plane with his "adopted mother". When he returned to seek out Daniel in Absolute Power in season 4, he came from that higher plane. He had many powers, including the power to influence Daniel's dreams, and to take non-corporeal form that looked a lot like ascended beings. We were only left with the fact that "many roads lead to the Great Path" and "many roads cross". Daniel was looking pretty lost when he left, hoping to see him again but not getting any promises.

Since Oma and Anubis are supposedly fighting it out into eternity, it would be nice to see Shifu again. I wonder what the actor has been up to.

Burstrush

[26]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 8
    A Third Stargate SG-1 movie, nicknamed Project Terzo, has been announced by Joseph Mallozzi on his weblog.[1] It is to be written by Brad Wright and Carl Binder. [2][3] A "preliminary beat sheet" has been put out by Carl Binder. Most likely Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge will star in this film.[4][5][6] Claudia Black will not return as Vala Mal Doran.[7] Shooting will begin January 2009.

More information is not yet available. wikepedia^^

Finnegan77

[27]Jan 5, 2009
    Wikipedia isn't exactly a source I trust, but if Michael Shanks isn't in it, I won't bother to watch.

CaptainHarkness

[28]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 23
    I trust Gateworld a heck of a lot more than Wikipedia. Take a look: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/01/wright-discusses-third-sg-1-movie/

hapat

[29]Jan 7, 2009
    Yeah with out the original 3 members to go along with Jack, it doesn't matter how much Jack is in it, it will be no where near as good as it could be. Plus if they make the other 3 have similiar appearances to what Jack had in the second movie, crap also. They need all four sharing the screen as they did before. Everyone else can be written out easy enough.

CaptainHarkness

[30]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 23
    I'm probably one of the few who like Mitchell, and I hope he's in the movie.

Finnegan77

[31]Jan 8, 2009
    CaptainHarkness wrote:
    I'm probably one of the few who like Mitchell, and I hope he's in the movie.
    I like Mitchell, too, but, let's face it, nothing can compare with the team interaction of the original four when they were in their prime. Team missions, going through the gate together, team dynamics - even team tension like in "The Other Side" and "Scorched Earth" are what made the best episodes the best. RDA can be fabulous - his best ep was "Abyss" in my estimation. When these guys are fully engaged with each other nothing can beat it - isn't that why we all started watching in the first place? I think it can work with Mitchell, too. That might be an interesting dynamic to bring to the team - tension between Mitchell and O'Neill.

hapat

[32]Jan 8, 2009
    Yeah I don't mind Mitchell either, but the movie can still be really good without him. But if you get rid of say Daniel, then that would just be stupid.

jrsgalaxy

[33]Jan 8, 2009
    hapat wrote:
    Yeah I don't mind Mitchell either, but the movie can still be really good without him. But if you get rid of say Daniel, then that would just be stupid.

Agree 100%. And with the post above hapat. I think some tension between Mitchell and O'Neill and JAckson would be dynamic.

hapat

[34]Jan 13, 2009
    Yeah there probably would be quite a bit because the three of them seemed to listen to Jack alot more than they listen to Mitchell. Which could cause some tension. Plus Daniel will prob argue with the both of them.
    Edited on 01/13/2009 3:16pm

Xaviersx

[35]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    Since the other two movies have dealt with the Ori and the Go'uld, I'm not sure. I would like to at least see Earth become fully aware of the universe and the StarGate program, giving some if not all the SG1 characters some recognition. In some alterate realities, there counterparts became honored for their contributions, though some, Daniel, were treated more like loons. No more time travel but maybe some reality jumping. Maybe Earth is forced to realize the scope of the universe when alternate reality warring factions crash through, and since SG1 has some of the answers needed, 1. they provide a task force to proactively help their sister realit(ies) and 2. Earth takes those steps in becoming part of the larger alien universe, as petty human conflict takes a backseat to knowing other powerful entities really do exist 3. SG1 gains international acclaim for their years of service. Or something like it, just no more Ori or Go'uld movies. Or maybe a mirror universe attack, forget the Go'uld or Uri as your enemy, have themselves be their worst foes, just as long as Tealc, Sam, Daniel, and Jack are in the movie, Mitchell too.

seto1

[36]Feb 16, 2009
    The harsesis stayed with oma for some time during which she advance him both in age and evolotionary level.She helped him undertstand the knowledge he had incoded in his DNA,finally using what he learned he ascended.This was seen in season four absolute power,where he left the sgc in the same cloud of energy as oma.

Buzzy14

[37]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    They could bring Jonas Quinn back after Daniel came back we only saw him like once more and he was an good character (not as good as Daniel obviously)but I wonder what he been doing.

hapat

[38]Feb 19, 2009
    Or could bring back those cloning aliens from Foothold,want the friggin furlings though but oh well.

seto1

[39]Feb 20, 2009
    Everyone wants the furlings,to be one of the four most advance race of the galaxy they must have some awesome tech.I think most of us may be a bit dis appointed,we have already seen to ancients tech and gotten used to such levels that its hard to live up even the asgard became let down to me now.

pferreira86

[40]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 17
    hapat wrote:
    Or could bring back those cloning aliens from Foothold,want the friggin furlings though but oh well.
    Thank goodness someone remembers the cloning aliens, I thought I was the only one. One of the biggest unexplained mysteries of the show is who were they, why an interest in Earth and how come the Stargate teams have never encountered their planet before while travelling through space? I think a follow-up to Foothold would be a great third movie.
    Edited on 02/20/2009 6:01am