Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

What do you want to see in a third SG-1 movie?

Finnegan77

[41]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 27
    "Cloning" aliens? You mean the ones that used technology to mimic the Stargate personnel and to read their thoughts? Once was enough for me for those guys.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[42]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 19
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    "Cloning" aliens? You mean the ones that used technology to mimic the Stargate personnel and to read their thoughts? Once was enough for me for those guys.
    I thought they had potential.

MajLorne

[43]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 21

pferreira86 wrote:
    hapat wrote:
    Or could bring back those cloning aliens from Foothold,want the friggin furlings though but oh well.
    Thank goodness someone remembers the cloning aliens, I thought I was the only one. One of the biggest unexplained mysteries of the show is who were they, why an interest in Earth and how come the Stargate teams have never encountered their planet before while travelling through space? I think a follow-up to Foothold would be a great third movie.
    Those aliens and the aliens of that spaceship in the season 7 episode 'Grace'. It would be nice to know who were the aliens of that spaceship that were chasing the Promethius. There were quite a few one time only aliens that deserves to be revisited again.

And of course there's the Tollan, I can't believe that all of them would have been wiped out just like that, they are too valuable to kill off without maybe some 'prisoners'?

pferreira86

[44]Feb 27, 2009
    MajLorne wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:
    hapat wrote:
    Or could bring back those cloning aliens from Foothold,want the friggin furlings though but oh well.
    Thank goodness someone remembers the cloning aliens, I thought I was the only one. One of the biggest unexplained mysteries of the show is who were they, why an interest in Earth and how come the Stargate teams have never encountered their planet before while travelling through space? I think a follow-up to Foothold would be a great third movie.
    Those aliens and the aliens of that spaceship in the season 7 episode 'Grace'. It would be nice to know who were the aliens of that spaceship that were chasing the Promethius. There were quite a few one time only aliens that deserves to be revisited again.

And of course there's the Tollan, I can't believe that all of them would have been wiped out just like that, they are too valuable to kill off without maybe some 'prisoners'?

The last time we saw the Tollans was in Season 5. The producers might feel that it's a little too late to bring them back at this stage. But then I never expected to see the mirror universe devices from There But for the Grace of God in Season 8's Citizen Joe.
    Edited on 02/27/2009 8:59am

MajLorne

[45]Feb 27, 2009
    True, it might be too late to bring them back, but they shouldn't be forgotten though. And as useless as the Nox were, it does kinda suck that they haven't been seen again since like season 3 or 4.

pferreira86

[46]Feb 28, 2009
    The Nox haven't been seen since the Season 1 episode Enigma. Season 1! They're great characters but I guess the writers made a rule not to have the Nox in the show again until they found a strong enough story for them. If that's the case then it makes sense. I suppose we'll only see them again if there ends up being a summit of all five races in the movie, so that would also have to include the Tollans.

CaptainHarkness

[47]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 23
    The Nox were seen in season 3.

MajLorne

[48]Mar 1, 2009
    Yup, i think it was Lya [*sorry for spelling it wrong] that showed up in the trial, that took place on the Tollan homeworld, over whether Korel or Skara has the right to Skara's body.

CaptainHarkness

[49]Mar 1, 2009

Yup, that's the one.

pferreira86

[50]Mar 2, 2009
    Yikes! I forgot she appeared in that episode. Thanks for that. As I said in my last post I think the only way we'll only ever see the Nox and Tollans again is through a summit.

seto1

[51]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    We have met eveil asgard what about eveil Nox lol that could be cool.

CaptainHarkness

[52]Mar 6, 2009
    I can't picture evil Nox for some reason. But it could work.

treehillbabe_xo

[53]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 29

*sigh* All I wanted was some good Vala moments, but she's not gonna be in the film

So I guess I have to settle for some good Daniel or Sam moments...

But I'll sit through the entire thing going "They should have had Vala!" and pouting.

danielgolden17

[54]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 3

Well, I think that the Nox might be useful in bringing Earth down a peg. At the end of their season 1 episode we really got an impression that Mankind was just taking its first steps, that we had a long way to go before joining the ranks of the Great 5 Races.

Somewhere between getting the ships that could destroy ANYTHING and solving all the Galaxys problems singlehandedly (Mostly) Earth stopped being relatable.

I want a Moral Message that we are not teaching!!!!!

jrsgalaxy

[55]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    treehillbabe_xo wrote:

*sigh* All I wanted was some good Vala moments, but she's not gonna be in the film

So I guess I have to settle for some good Daniel or Sam moments...

But I'll sit through the entire thing going "They should have had Vala!" and pouting.

I know how you feel. They should have had Vala getting involved in some business dealings with an Evil Nox.

Spinobreaker

[56]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    i red a stargaate comic (i know ur going 2 screen NOT CANON but if someone can give me a REAL difinition of canon then ill shut up, it was an ok story) it had SG1 under attack by invisible jaffa, and it turned out to be a nox that had been taken host by a goauld, and the nox from the nox ep are there and help us defeat it lol

MajLorne

[57]Mar 8, 2009

Now that's cool. Outside 'writers' are what the show kinda needs. Someone to think outside of the gate

If they had a goa'uld possessed Asgard, why not a Nox? Plus at least you can make the Nox evil in that way without creating a whole backstory of a rouge Nox group. I like that idea.

seto1

[58]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    Persoanlly i have always wanted the show to end with a humgae to god.We could have a scene with the ascended beings looking above themselves as they say that they are sensing something of great power that seems to be ageless,i know it may seem kinda in poor taste but to me this whole acension was basiaclly a way of showing the basis of faith in that world so why not show the basis of god.The first one.

dan211

[59]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    anything with sam in it i would love

zampognaro

[60]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 9
    I went to read up on the episode "The fifth race" (great episode btw ). The four races were:
    1) The Nox
    2) The Asgard
    3) The Ancients
    4) The Furlings

We've met the first three ... and as far as I can remember the Furlings were never shown or talked about since(I could be wrong).

What if we were gonna meet them in the third movie?