Stargate SG-1 Forums

Syfy (ended 2008)

What do you want to see in a third SG-1 movie?

AlphaNjls

[81]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 2
    I want a movie with both teams in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrsgalaxy

[82]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 14
    MajLorne wrote:
    Oh of course, I'm totally in favor of episodes based on the ancient races thousands if not millions of years ago. Include the Asgard, the meeting of the 4 great races, etc. There's loads of ideas that can be covered or heck a whole season alone.

To borrow on an anime thing - it's like what Bleach has done with their 'turn back the pendulum' arc. Basically it's a flashback to what happened in the past that lead up to the events of the present day.

Something like that should be looked into as a backup in case Universe should last less than a few seasons.
    I would like also to see fallen Ascended Ancients that have no idea that they lived millions of years ago. Maybe thats why some of them have the gene. It would be cool if O'Neill was actually used to be an Ancient. Mayb ethats why hes such a good leader. Maybe he was a great person of the Ancient Race.

MajLorne

[83]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 21
    Hem, I dunno. Ancients aren't really known for their sense of humor though
    But otherwise I don't see why not, no one expected to know who the final 5 cylons were, so O'Neill as a fallen Ancient wouldn't be too far off, maybe him and Sheppard since he too is very good at using Ancient tech.

pferreira86

[84]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 17
    I know it's a crazy suggestion but have they ever thought of integrating the movie cast with the series cast. One alternate universe meets another? It could work and I know Kurt Russell as well as James Spader have always been keen on doing a sequel to their Stargate movie. The Stargate movie to end all movies? It could also end up being theatrical, avoiding the whole Sci-fi Channel movie-of-the-week stigma. Now I'd pay money to see that!

jrsgalaxy

[85]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 14
    MajLorne wrote:
    Hem, I dunno. Ancients aren't really known for their sense of humor though
    But otherwise I don't see why not, no one expected to know who the final 5 cylons were, so O'Neill as a fallen Ancient wouldn't be too far off, maybe him and Sheppard since he too is very good at using Ancient tech.
    Well maybe originally O'Neill took human form to help the people of the Galaxy and was punished for it by having his memeory wiped before even starting. They can make a story around that. What did he originally come to do. ANd its not like it hasnt happened before. We know its happened to Daniel but as a punishment had his memory completely erased and with temporary amnesia. We know Orlin also toook human form but retained much of his knowledge for a short period of time allowing him to come up with an antidote in the Episodes The Fourth Horseman parts I and II. So it has been done before and wouldnt be something new or jumping the shark for Stargate. Hopefully they wont go too outlandish with it and nuke the fridge . Just keep it simple but engaging.

pferreira86

[86]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 17
    [QUOTE="jrsgalaxy"]
    MajLorne wrote:
    Hopefully they wont go too outlandish with it and nuke the fridge . Just keep it simple but engaging.
    Oh Indy, we still love you...honest.

Finnegan77

[87]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 27
    I don't know - I guess I don't want to see any of our guys with super powers. Daniel having some key knowledge was fine, and the Ancients helping him with finding the Ark was fine, but I don't want to see O'Neill suddenly have access to mind-blowing powers of any kind. These characters work best as regular people dealing with irregular and unusual circumstances in my opinion. Not as superheroes.

seto1

[88]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    Thats true but to me kinda lame that Jack a soldier got healing powers,while somwhat nerdy Daniel got telekenesis.

MajLorne

[89]Apr 3, 2009
    It's not that bad. For a soldier, the ability to heal your own wounds is very crucial. As for Daniel, he is pretty knowledgeable and telekenisis does make sense as Merlin's conciousness was 'downloaded' into him.

rasprenkle

[90]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    yesOh hells, yes I would loveto see more stargates then Bond films on TNT. . ya A.T. you are an example to younger girls, on how sexy brains and middle age can be.

MajLorne

[91]Apr 5, 2009
    Don't worry you aren't the only one that remembers, there are countless other aliens that have only been seen once, and then never again.

seto1

[92]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 16
    Thats true and anyone of them could be the furlings,man i hope we get to see them soon.