Stargate SG-1

Icon

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 06, 2004 on Syfy

• So-so...

Daniel wakes up injured: it appears that SG-1's appearance on the planet he's on sparked a full scale world war.

In the resulting chaos, a religious zealot manages to gain control, 'purging' those that do not believe in the ancient Gods - obviously the Goa'uld.

With daniel being cut off from the Stargate - and therefore Earth - he hides out with the local resistance. Eventually he's able to get a signal through to the SGC and together they overthrow the new 'government'.

The episode is interesting and well played out, although I think they went a little overboard on the allusions in this one.
  • ok episode...

SG-1's contact with a planet causes a civil war and Daniel is trapped on the planet. In the end, Daniel and a small military group take over the bunker, where the stargate is held, and Daniel goes home. Anyways, there was some stupid love stuff going on with Daniel and a girl on the planet. It was pretty annoying. He always gets the girls, and most of them turn up to become hosts. Oh well, I just didn't really like the story. It wasn't very interesting and it was nothing special. Basically, it was another episode following Daniel, which, to me, makes Daniel seem extremely boreing. Daniel is best when he's around Jack or the other SG-1 members, he's just annoying when he's alone or with another girl. Oh well, it wasn't a good episode.
  • Great story but...

7.8
    I think the strongest part of this episode was the story - it was catching, it was very thought provoking. There has always been that - I do not come in and bother other civilizations wars but this time, they do get in and involved, but that is driven as Daniel Jackson is lost in that world and they cannot get him out.

But I think, it was Daniel who let them to take part. He has always been most against that but now - being himself part of that world for some time.. it somehow marks a char development for him.

But if that all left aside - everything else. I do not think it was brilliant. There was much empty moments where nothing was going on.