Stargate SG-1

Insiders

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 04, 2006 on Syfy

• Lots of Laughs for me.

I enjoyed this episode. I love to watch daniel jackson he is my favorite. but i barely noticed he was not around. I thought vala was so funny. i love how she makes light of everything. it was great when baal put her on the table and wanted to have a go with he4r. THis episode was so much fun to watch. I enjoyed how they got played in it. Plus i like the nid guy. it was nice to see him again. The only downer was the way he left. i did no t like how he helped baal and would nto admitt ot maybe being brain washed. Why does everyone turn out bad. that reminded me of martouff. SOrry for the bad spelling of the name.
  • Ba'al crashes to Earth, tricks the SGC again and then gets away! What's up with that?????

4.3
    The dialogue in this episode is good, the banter great but what went wrong. Ba'al is a wonderful bad guy BUT honestly how stupid are the SGC. The goa'uld can't be trusted - we know this why don't they. That combined with Carter giving up the code so easily - OMG she should be demoted - what type of military person would do that. The SGC staff were smart in previous seasons - IQs have dropped. After watching this I kinda hope the Ori win! That being said I can't wait to see the next show. Try again.
  • Saw it coming and SG1 are way smarter than that ... come on give them their brains and a storyline back. And why is it that sacrificing all of humanity for the sake of one person wins every time... Spock did it the other way

Try to juggle all your Baal's in one basket leads
    to disaster! Hmmm... incredibly predictable and quite boring. Shame cos last week was really starting to pick up the pace
    especially after a slow first two eps.
    I'm a total SG1 fan and have been looking forward to this
    series very much but am struggling to maintain interest.
    Teal'c gets tortured (again) , Vala is unpredictable (still), Cameron is intractable (cool), Sam doesn't appear to be as sure of herself as she used to be (wassup wid dat), Daniel keeps making the same pointless impassioned pleas, a trusted associate is brainwashed or possessed (no way) and Baa'l beats the world savers every time (it's true). Is this going to get better... I prefer the replicators over Baa'l altho I s'pose the Ori can negate their power source or whatever!!
  • The episode is interesting yet dull. There is no real action and althoug the story has not been used in stargate before it has been seen before.

6.8
    when you see this episode you get the feeling that this has been seen before.

The slightly less boring part of this episode is to see the diffrent baal's interacting. i mean it must have been hard for the actor to have to play alle thoose "diffrent" roles, and still just play one.

i give this episode a six because althoug it is not that exciting it has a nice story and a welcome leave of the Ori.
  • This episode felt like it just got loped in there for no good reason but to just simply add more suspence to the whole finding of the anti-ori weapon, it really had no real purpose.

The trailor for this episode basically told you exactly what they did for this episode. Ba'al crashs on earth, and has all his Ba'als captured, then Ba'al gets carter in a room alone, and get what he wants in the first place. Basically, this would have been better as a 15-30min speedy part of a good episode with something acually worth while, or interwoven into a storeline that mattered like what they did Morpheus (season 10 ep 2) and the whole vala thing trust test. honestly over all this episode made the season 10 alittle less apealing, but hopefully they go back to it so it doesn't totally bring the entire series down.
  • I just gotta say it,......Ba'als

This episode was not as good as last week’s fan fest, but there were a few key points that make it above average. One thing I have noticed in 10 years of Stargate is that there may be 1 or 2 episodes each year that you just can do without. Last year there were a few more than that, but it turned out to be a great season all together. This year we've already seen one such episode with the "Sleeping Sickness", *yawn, boring*. This one on the other hand was just plain entertaining. Ba'al always brings fun to the table, yet at the same time he can be a very serious adversary. Since his arrival in season 5, he has always brought more to the table than any other enemy. What really made this episode was the many "Ba'als" jokes. The best was when Agent Barrett says "Seems you have a few extra Ba'als" to General Landry. The other good thing I liked was the message that the Goa'uld are still out there. Their numbers may be few, but they are waiting in the shadows to make a move.

What didn't work? Well I think that the episode had some pot holes in the road for sure. The result of Ba'al's plot to "kill" all the other Ba'als was a little too predictable. You knew from the start that he was planning something. The episode also rushed a little too much to me. We'll one more episode til 200. I can't wait, TV history in the making. Til then.
  • not that great...

As I said this is not my favorite story line. Baal comes and says that he knows where merlin's weapon is buit it just turns out that all his clones got in the SGC and downloaded all the gate addresses that O'neill had downloaded in his mind. Then they all got away. Daniel was absent in this episode. my favorite line in this episode is when That agent says to Landry "I hear you got yourself a few extra Baals", That was funny and corny all the same. I've seen the first 2 episodes to season 10, I missed the Peguses Project, This was the worst one so far. later...
  • Ba'al gets what he wants...again..

7.7
    this epiosde was not that bad, but it was the worst if season ten so far. i don't think they needed to have this epiode, but it was cool how they made like 20 Ba'als all at the same time. Ba'al comes to earth claiming that his clones have turned agaist him, while what he actually wants is all the gate adresses that the ancients downlaoed into O'Neill's brain, he escapes at the end of the epiosde capable of finding the Sansgraal before SG1.,i think that this storyline gets picked up at the mid season two-pater The Quest pt 1. later.
  • A whole lot of Ba'als

7.8
    This episode really didn't do much for me. I enjoyed it because of the fact that I was seeing a new episode of Stargate, but I seriously doubt it will be one that a watch over and over. I loved the numerous Ba'al jokes, but of course you kind of see them coming. It added a bit more suspense in the hunt for the Ori weapon, but I guess I just wasn't feeling it. I think the fact that it was a "Shanksless" episode was a reason that I wasn't that intrigued. I need a guy like Jackson to add his perspective a lot of the time. At least we had Jonas in season six, we had neither in this episode. I like Claudia Black's performance a lot in this one, but the rest of the cast wasn't giving enough for my taste.
  • Good story; silly wordplan on Ba\'al\'s name.

7.9
    Good story. They did a good job advancing the Ba\'al storyline. I wonder, though; when they chose Ba\'als name when they created the character, did they already have him mind an episode with so much silly word plan on his name? Also, although the episode isn\'t known for it\'s great acting, I have to say they need to do a better job casting Agent Barrett. And although they did a good job with the sfx in duplicating Ba\'als, there was one scene when Carter was downloading the gate codes where the main Ba\'al looked terribly fake. Lastly, I like how Vala never sits still or straight in the conference room during meetings; like a child.
  • Army of Ba'als...

Oh.. when last episode was victory in the side of our guys, then on this episode the victory will go to Ba'al. And not only one of them but for many. They came, the got what they wanted and fooled everyone. Somehow this episode made the SGC looked stupit. I really doubt anything like that would have allowed to happen as there did and that agent seems to get away way too easily.

Anyway, this episode had some fun, had some fighting scenes, action and maybe a new clue where to search as I have no idea why those Ba'als needed that database, but I think they could search too.
  • Exactly why I hate all those Ba'als...

Coming off the best episode of the season, I was a little wary of this latest installment. For one thing, Daniel was nowhere to be seen, and given that my favorite parts of “The Pegasus Project” involved his character, I was worried that there would be a letdown on those plot points. The second problem was the episode’s focus. I hated the idea of the Ba’al clones in the ninth season, and so a return to that concept in this episode wasn’t something I met with anticipation.

I suppose that my first fear was a wash. Daniel wasn’t in the episode at all, but the plot points were front and center, and the season arc continues to get plenty of exposure in each new episode. This was all about finding Merlin’s weapon and further complicating the information that Morgan LeFay provided, and that was promising. Sure, we’re still firmly in “Lost City Retread” territory, but I’m still finding elements to enjoy. So the lack of Daniel didn’t result in a loss of focus.

On the second point, I was far less impressed. The SGC has dealt with Ba’al enough that they ought to know better than to take anything for granted. On several occasions in this episode, they let their guard down, missing information or implications that were obvious to most of the audience. This is one thing that annoys me to no end: when writers intentionally make their brilliant characters stupid or gullible to facilitate a plot hook. Ba’al and his clones succeeded because the SGC overlooked the obvious, not because the scheme was particularly clever.

For example, the SGC personnel already know that the Trust has been taken over by Goa’uld and has a great deal of influence. They know that Ba’al is looking to stake his own claim and build an empire. Given the connections between the NID and the Trust, why wouldn’t they be watching Barrett like a hawk? Especially when he starts acting like a maniac. They know that Ba’al was using mind control techniques in the past, and they know he’s up to something. Why wouldn’t they place heavy restrictions on access and place layered security protocols on the prisoners? It was far too easy for Barrett to get to Ba’al, which was a key element of Ba’al’s plan.

I suppose this could be overlooked, considering that every series will eventually have a character act a certain way when the script simply won’t allow for anything else, but it was hardly the only offense. I was also bothered by the portrayal of the Ba’als in this episode. Some villains are best used in small doses; Cancer Man was arguably more potent in early seasons of the “X-Files”, as opposed to later seasons where his presence was more centralized. Too many Ba’als can be a problem, especially since the actor had trouble delivering some lines convincingly.

Having fallen into the same trap as the writers, I must mention that one of the downsides of the episode was the constant use of “Ba’als” as a punchline. Yes, it’s funny, but it also got to be a little strained, especially when the situation became serious in the final act. Since I already found the whole “Ba’al and his Clones” plot thread to be ridiculous, it didn’t help for the characters themselves to mock the idea.

(As a sidenote: I also have a podcast associated with my various reviews called “Dispatches from Tuzenor”. Recent episodes cover the “Stargate SG-1”, so it might be something of interest. Go to http://entil2001.libsyn.com if you want to listen!)
  • ok episode...

Ba'al and his clones carry out a scheme to take information about the ancient addresses in the SGC computers and get away with the information. Overall, the story wasn't that great. I thought it was funny to see all of the Ba'al's running around and there were a lot of cheesy Ba'al jokes. The idea just didn't seem original and it was pretty predictable. They knew not to trust Ba'al and that he was up to something but they didn't do anything. Sam even saw that the agent wasn't acting like himself and she didn't do anything. Oh well. I love the character Ba'al; he redeemed the episode a little. Overall, not very interesting and just not a good episode.
  • And again Ba’al manages to deceptive the great SG-1 team.

7.6
    How easy is to an out side person to take “control” of SG command, it happen again.

In this episode is a big lack of action they didn’t do almost nothing. It’s wasn’t as fun as the last one.
    How can this be, in one episode the characters are smart and in the other they can be so stupid and dumb come on ………
    It was so easy to Ba’al get what he wanted and leave immune form the command center.
    Carter giving the code so easy, she knows that Ba’al isn’t to be trusted and she’s a high rank military.