Stargate SG-1

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 04, 2006 on Syfy

• I just gotta say it,......Ba'als

This episode was not as good as last week’s fan fest, but there were a few key points that make it above average. One thing I have noticed in 10 years of Stargate is that there may be 1 or 2 episodes each year that you just can do without. Last year there were a few more than that, but it turned out to be a great season all together. This year we've already seen one such episode with the "Sleeping Sickness", *yawn, boring*. This one on the other hand was just plain entertaining. Ba'al always brings fun to the table, yet at the same time he can be a very serious adversary. Since his arrival in season 5, he has always brought more to the table than any other enemy. What really made this episode was the many "Ba'als" jokes. The best was when Agent Barrett says "Seems you have a few extra Ba'als" to General Landry. The other good thing I liked was the message that the Goa'uld are still out there. Their numbers may be few, but they are waiting in the shadows to make a move.

What didn't work? Well I think that the episode had some pot holes in the road for sure. The result of Ba'al's plot to "kill" all the other Ba'als was a little too predictable. You knew from the start that he was planning something. The episode also rushed a little too much to me. We'll one more episode til 200. I can't wait, TV history in the making. Til then.