Stargate SG-1

Lost City (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 12, 2004 on Syfy

• awesome episode...

Lost City is one of my all-time favorite episodes because it has everything. The SG-1 team goes off world to try to acquire an acient depository that another team found. Unforunately, they run into interference and the only way to save the information is to have it downloaded, which Jack does. Anyways, it is kind of a sequel to the Fifth Race from Season two when the same device downloaded ancient info into Jack's brain. Anyways, there are a lot of funny moments and emotional character moments in this episode. Rick just brings so much to his character with saying little. His actions and facial expressions say more than any words can. In the end, Jack is frozen until they can hopefully heal him later. Overall, the episode is really amazing. The special effects were top notch for a TV show and the battle between Anubis's fleet and the earth vessels was just awesome. The only thing that annoyed me about the episode was the political part. I know it had to be in there, and it added to the story well, but it seemed like there was too much boreing political talking and it could have been cut down. I liked Dr. Weir, but it annoyed me that a different actor played her in the Atlantis series than in this episode. The president was awesome, and Kinsey was just annoying. He's always the same annoying bad guy. Anyways, other than those minor things, the episode is one of the best ever. It was a great end to the best season.