Stargate SG-1

Memento

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 07, 2003 on Syfy

• Good Jekyl and Hyde characterisation

7.9
    This show was both triumphant and poor. Its strong points were it was kind of the turning point for the series. SG1 is now about so much more than a Stargate, it tried to bind together all the themes in one episode. You had the milatary minds of O'Neil and the alien planets commander, versus the pacifist historians like the Pime Minister and Jonas. It also justified the use of ancient history throughout the series with the minister mking a rousing speech to his troops ad people at te end. There was also a great comedic moment between the two Colnels, "Do we have a BBQ?" The show was written to show all the characters strengths and history kinda repeated iself when they raised the Stargate, it reminded me of the original film moment when they raise the gate in the early 1900's.
    But it was also stupid when the Commander said there was something in Jack's voie that he trusted, reminded me of when Teal'c joined SG1........ SO on an action level you'd be disappointed but if you were looking for deeper meanings, then this is exactly your kinda episode.