Stargate SG-1

Morpheus

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 21, 2006 on Syfy

• A return to the classic Gate-To-Another-World-A-Week idea.

In this episode, we have a little of the old with a little of the new. For the main team we have the return to the classic Gate-To-Another-World-A-Week idea. The ending with them being put into the cool Airforce Quasi-coffins support devices was a little too convenient an ending (perhaps some of this episode ended up on the cutting room floor). I would have liked to see the cave pan out a little more (after all there was a hidden magic doorway button). Also the continuation of the medieval influence of the gods continues (since we have exhausted the egyptian myths).

It was nice to have a week where the team was back to exploring a strange world, tied into the larger scheme but not as directly as a big huge space battle. Sure it gets tied up in a nice little bow at the end of the episode, but that is what the classic episodes were like (solved in the last 10 minutes)

Kudos also to the addition of the Vala character (played so well by Claudia Black) as a main character. She will bring back the comedy stylings that RDA used to infuse into the O'Neal character, which Browder tries to duplicate - without being as good at it as Flanigan is on SGA. The scenes with her were great and she adds some fun to the show. The end of the show where she is talking about the loot is an absolute hoot.

In the end, not a great episode, but a good return to what all of us loved about the middle seasons of the series.