Stargate SG-1

Prodigy

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 02, 2001 on Syfy

• Air Force Recruiting Film

We gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the Department of Defense, Department of the Air Force, and US Space Command in writing the script for this episode.
  • An otherwise good episode marred by an annoying cadet...

This episode had a lot of good points; the conflict between the lead scientist and Jack was good, the strange energy creatures were really cool, and the idea of enlisting a young officer-to-be at least had potential. Unfortunately, as with most scifi shows that introduce a young know-it-all, that aspect failed tremendously. Much like Wesley Crusher on the Next Generation, I found Hailey to be more annoying than anything else. In fact she single-handedly made this my least favorite episode of season 4! I don't know why scifi shows think that having an early twenties or late-teen know-it-all is a good thing, it seems to fail in my eyes every time they try. Perhaps this episode was aimed at a slightly younger audience, but even when I was about Hailey's age I found this episode annoying. Definitely an episode I usually skip.
  • Possibly this is the worst episode ever!!!!!Who cares about tiny glowing beams of light?

1.6
    I can not believe how bad this episode is, the acting is very poor, the progidy girl and staff at the university ham it up something rotten.
    "I'll never complain about mosquitos again!" The most cheesiest worse line ever!
    It is so bad, I can not believe it was written, what a waste of time, after so many great episodes I guess they cant all be great. This is definately one for the infants. Some of the preceeding episodes were political espionage thriller with a bit if outer limits spice thrown in, this on the other hand is a series filler, reminding me of the crap episode in season three when O'neil teaches all the kids on a planet how to play "aah!" the only reason they could have possibly made this was for some hoiliday episode like thanks giving or something. There were a couple of decent quips in it, but overall the special effects were poor, the bad guys just yellow beams of light and it took well over thirty minutes for anything to happen.
    Watch if you want to fall asleep!!!!!
  • Little yellow glowing things...

So, first it looks like this episode has two storylines - one is boring mission where Teal'c and O'Neill go and the other is Carter giving a lecture in astro-psychics where she mets a young talented cadet who reminds her herself but she has some serious problems of discipline and does not seems to understand that there might be a future for her. So, Carter gets a permission to get her a little walk - to the millions of light years away. Now, all on the moon, the boring mission and little slow episodes gets up the speed and we have quite adventurous ending. So, it was quite enjoyable, little heroic and good episode.
  • pretty good episode...

Jack and Teal'c go off world to see to the needs and safety of a group of scientist under the orders of the general, which happens to be, at that time, the real generl of the airforce. Anyways, they counter some light alien things and they start getting violent. A new cadet and Carter duke it out on theories and Jack and Teal'c establish a wormhole home and save everyone. Whoopie! Ok story line, but nothing special. There was quite a bit of humor, which made the episode good. The cadet was a little annoying because of her arrogance, but that was her character. It was interesting to see Carter back where she started. Overall, pretty good episode with a unique idea, some funny moments, and that's about it.
  • Carter meets a young cadet at the airforce academy, who is as smart as she ever was when she was a cadet. This cadet's name is Jennefer haley. She gives the airforce a run for their money. She is hot headed anb indpendent. Stays in trouble.

I think that this episode was really interesting. Jennifer Haley of course was a good character that they came up with. The planet that Jack and Teal'c is on, actually was a moon, and Jack and Teal'c are sent there to check out the base to make it a permanent study base.
    haley gets a chance to go to this moon with Sam so that she can see what her future has in store for her. when they get there they find that they have run across something little balls of light, that seem to think and have reactions to it's surroundings. They look like fairies.
    They are attacking and they have to find away off the moon.
    This episode was really different. It is so odd when all the team is not together on a mission.
    It shows the importance of our military and how it works, of course, as do all stargate episodes. But just how hard was it for these people at the sgc to get there? I know that the going to other planets thing is all fantasy, but it still falls in the category of protecting our people.
    I have always loved the military, even tho' I was never there, I like the idea of it and the way it is run, at least the part I know about it.
    Excellent show!
  • Pivotal because I really love this episode. The Logic of love as Pope Benedict really says, is applicable to physics, as I wouldn't have guessed, being kinda daft myself, and they science-fictionately and well adress going to college - I love it.

Love the Air Force - wonder why I didn't before :-)
    Great Episode. Lots of humor, too, I think. Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie seem to have a knack for getting great topics across very light-hearted and light handedly, and the episode has a great feeling of togetherness at the end (to not spoil things anymore), so enjoy!
    Jesus would recommend this episode, I think.