Stargate SG-1

Reckoning (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 25, 2005 on Syfy

• The Replicators attack the Goa'uld & begin a campaign to overrun the galaxy. The Free Jaffa use the chance to make their own crippling blow at the Goa'uld while the SGC must come up with a way to stop the Replicators before they wipe out the galaxy

It all comes to a head in this episodes. Storylines that have been continuing since the beginning of the series are wrapped up in this episode which brings us the turning point in the conflict with the Goa'uld, the crusade for the Jaffa nation to finally be free, the final showdown with the Replicators, Daniel's one on one duel with RepliCarter, and the final solution to a galaxy-wide threat. It's dramatic, it's thrilling, the good guys team up with the bad guys even as they're fighting them, and we even get a few moments of slo-mo. In the end, it's the perfect season finale and a great way to wrap up the entire series in general, but for a handful of things. For one, it wraps up none of those things as there are three episodes left in the season. And there's Daniel. Dead again, right before our eyes again, but this time, no sarcophagus. How will he get out of it this time? Will he? That's why they made "Threads", to answer that lovely question. So watch this episode, let it thrill you, and then go see the rest of Season 8. The final five episodes of this year probably give the eighth a better send off then it deserves.

Of course, this review should be for Part 2, not Part 1. Oops.
  • good episode...

The replicators are attacking the goa'uld and the replicator Carter captures Daniel Jackson. Meanwhile, Teal'c and Bra'tac are leading the rebel jaffa to take over Dakara. Yet another meanwhile, Selmac goes to earth to offer his help in defeating the replicators. Anyways, this was a very good episode. It had a good story and had a lot of good returning characters (Selmac, Bra'tac, Ba'al). There were a lot of good funny moments mixed in also. The writing was top notch and the story was just interesting and entertaining. Overall, very good episode and a good beginning for a two part episode.
  • Everything is falling in place for a final battle..

This was superb episode. I knew it was going to be good but I was not expecting that. All those chars we love - Bra'tac, Jacob, Thor around.. team trying to do best to save their galaxy from replicators. Rebel Jaffas taking their final move, Anubis is back and Ba'al is plotting his own plots. It sounds just so so epic and it was. Those jaffas - they are just epic by their excistance and the way their work.. and Thor the way they look like they got little victory over the replicators and then.. But it was not only the doom soon lying upon them all - there was those little comedies - O'Neill and Ba'al conversations. They were the best part. And the ending. Amazing episode.
  • reckoning is my favourite episode of my favourite show.

this is the most action packed episode of stargate sg1 ever made! of all 194 episodes i have seen this is my personal favorite. i think it has everything an episode needs, action, adventure , drama ,humour.the making it a two parter really spiced things up for it. i did not really like season eight because they never went exploring,they justr stayed on earth.i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i
  • Two Carters, an old Chinese man and little grey aliens make for a wonderful episode!

I liiiiiiked eeeeeet.

This episode combined everything that has made this season the wonderful collection of episodes it is. Replicators, Ba'al, Thor, Sam's dad, RepliCarter, Jaffa. All that was really missing were that hot chick from Prometheus Unbound and the Prometheus. And Teyla, but she lives on Atlantis so I guess she can't help it.

I enjoyed all the fighting, and Goa'uld ships falling prey to the replicators, but it'd be way more fun if we could actually see some action. Closest we got were red dots disappearing off screen and two big bullets fired at Thor's ship. Whoopdeedoo.

Then there's Anubis. Atleast I think it's Anubis, I didn't really pay attention to that last bit. Old guy, ugly face, and a big leader. I smell a bit of Star Wars mixed with some V For Vendetta!

Could have used more blood, guts and spleen, but otherwise decent enough to gain my approval.
  • Ga’uolds, Replicators, Anubis, lions, tigers and bears, oh my.

7.1
    It’s the Stargate version of a royal rumble with everyone thrown in for good measure. If I have one complaint about this episode it is that it’s that everything happens to quickly. I was afraid to even blink for fear I might miss something extremely important. I think this would have worked better as a three part story so they could get everything across at a much more steady pace instead of the quick fire way in which the plot is explained in this episode which forced many of the plot threads to suffer. The taking of the temple was a massive disappointment with the battle taking place of screen for a second I thought I had blinked and miss something when is saw Teal’c declaring victory I couldn’t help myself from screaming “what a fucking con, all that build up for nothing”. There better be a big battle in Part Two or I will be really pissed off.

And then there is of course Anubis. He’s like the Ga’uold version of Michael Myers or some other clichéd horror villain, just when you think their dead they show up again. Well to be fair we already knew Anubis was alive but it’s still annoying that the writers are still relying on the same old bag of tricks eight years of later. We have been promised some new threats and storylines next season so I’m hopeful that this two parter is a way to wrap up may of the shows ongoing plot threads (the Jaffa rebellion, Replicators, Ga’uolds) a sort of clean slate for a new year but this only puts more pressure on part two to deliver the goods.

Anyway about half an hour I was already starting to feel like I was drowning in ocean of plot information with not life raft in sight. We were never given a time out a moment to say “okay who wants coffee” something to escape the verbal assault on our heads. The was some fun to had in watching Jack wind up Ba’al the wrong way (loved Walter trying to break the ice with Ba’al before Jack showed up. he’s really getting a chance to shine this year) in fact if it were not for Jack I doubt I would have enjoyed any of this. He’s the episode sole saving grace throwing out wise cracks and sarcastic comments like there’s no tomorrow, which of course there may not if the Replicators win. Daniel’s scenes were pointless, as we knew that it was the Replicator all along (you could tell because Owa was making sense for once, dead give away). Oh and how the hell did Anubis escape the ice planet anyhow? And if he knew there was a weapon at the temple why did he not go there first and get it before anyone else.

Hopefully the answers to all of these questions will be coming to a TV screen near you sometime next week. Or if you live in the states a couple of months time.

The Best Of O’Neill
    -“There’s been some chit and some chat around the watercooler”
    -“That way you’ll be dead and we’ll be glad.”
    -“I’ll take anything I can get weapons, receivers, silverware”
    -O’Neill: “I’m so sorry I just finishing up a lovely brunch”
    Ba’al: “Insolence”
    O’Neill: “No tuna”
    -Ba’al: “You can not be serious?”
    -O’Neill: “Yes I can I just chose not to be sometimes.”