Stargate SG-1

Resurrection

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 27, 2004 on Syfy

• Not so much a review as a comment.

It said in the trivia (which I can\'t add to) that there is a gaff with the explosion being big enough to blow up orange county, even though LA is in LA county. Now, I don\'t know the geography or scale of the two counties, but maybe what was meant was the explosion is big enough to wipe out an area the size of Orange County, regardless of the fact they are in LA county.
  • Teal'c Daniel and Sam go to a wharehouse where everyone is dead and the only lead they have is a girl who locked in a cage in the middle of the wharehouse. She has no memory of this but they know she done it. Daniel tries to find out why.

Daniel is trying so hard to help this girl to recall the memories of the simbiote that was she was given by Kefler he figured it would be a good why to learn all the memories of the simbiote. She has all these drawings that she has done and they seem to be apart of a puzzle sorta. She says she has no idea wht they mean. They have accidently started the timer of a bomb that is of gouald orgin. Now they can't seem to figure out how to stop it. Daniel goes to her and tells her what is going on and asks her to help him.
    She had been tortured and she is very angry about the way she has been treated. So she eventually sets a fire and while they are trying to put the fire out she gets away and she goes after Kefler. Aparently she had more control of the body than they thought. When she finds kefler she informs him that he will not beable to ever treat anyone like this again. When she kills him she dies from a poison pill or capsule or something like that he had inplanted in her body.
    Fortunately the team is able to stop the count down of the bomb after daniel figures it out from the pictures she had in her cage.
    I liked this one it was really pretty good. It was full of suspence. Daniel is really under the gun in this one and he erally does a great job, but he is so upset that he was unable to save the girl.
  • no O'Neill...hmmmm...

Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c go to an NID warehouse and find a girl that was "grown" and her DNA is part goa'uld, or something weird like that. I really didn't like this episode. It was a stupid story with Daniel being all understanding with the girl, which gets very annoying. The whole point that Jack O'Neill wasn't in it made it even worse. There was no comic relief. It was all stupid story...though I did like the NID scientist character. He was interesting. The whole bomb will explode thing didn't seem very threatening and it was obvious they would fix it. I really didn't like this episode at all.
  • Different...

7.7
    NID rouge agents always come up with something new and this time the way the episode starts - quite interesting - all those things - the lab, the artifacts, then the girl. It did great a quite good ground for the episode. And there was little excitement too but not too much, I feel. Anyway, the story goes around that girl, Anna, who has Goa'uld dna inside her usual dna and she has been treated badly to get her knowledge. I loved the way Daniel tried to communicate with her.. the get her talk. It really shows that after descending, he is more and more like the Daniel we knew. So, it was somehow the episode.. i cannot say it was Daniel's nor Sam's.. and it has little connection to anything else.. maybe somehow filler.. maybe just offconnected... but it was enjoyable episode.
  • A little different, but interesting nonetheless.

This episode was directed by Amanda Tapping, and I think she did a reasonable job.

Still, it's not one of my favourites, mostly due to the lack of several key characters. One of the reasons I love this show is the character dynamics, and in this episode they were very different, with little to no interaction between the main cast at all.

The idea of a human/goa'uld hybrid was an interesting one, and I hope they go back to explore that idea at a later time. (I was in fact wondering what would happen if such a hybrid were to be implanted with a symbiote...)

Not the best of the season, but not bad either.
  • Normally I immediately hate an episode with a lack of Richard Dean Anderson, but this one was pretty good.

7.7
    Written by Michael Shanks and directed by Amanda Tapping, it seems the cast is taking over the show. But I must say, they did a pretty decent job. I liked the humor in Shanks’s writing, but one thing I missed was equal minutes of screen time for each character. It might be logical that Anderson was gone, but it seemed Teal’c was completely useless in this episode. The episode would have been almost exactly the same without him.

They all looked really hot in their civvies. I bet O’Neil would’ve looked good too, if he had been there (sarcasm is my second language). I also liked agent Barrett, he is a really good actor. And it was kind funny that he asked Sam out, just as she after 6 ½ years finally has a boyfriend.

The story itself was interesting, but it wasn’t one of the excellent ones. I liked, though it wasn’t very original, the story with the bomb; it gave them a deadline. The part with the girl was original and very Daniel, for lack of a better term. And I thought it all had a very appropriate ending. Even though the episode missed the edge that makes a Stargate episode a good one, for a first time writer Michael Shanks did a respectable job. And I will certainly be looking forward to more of his episodes.