Stargate SG-1

Syfy (ended 2008)

Gislef

Stargate SG-1 Fan Reviews (480)

• The best!

by far the best series ever aired..
  • The No.1 Series of all what has been screened on TV

This is the series that has taken my mind & soul.

10 Seasons about 200 Episodes and followed by 2 Movies.

Never seen and will never see anything on TV that will exceed the uniqueness and originality of Stargate SG1.

I wish I can rate it as 100 while all other series do not exceed a 9.
  • Title too short

I'll put it this way:

I cancelled my cable out of spite when SG-1 went off air.

• Missing you!!

On of my favorite shows of all time.

But all good things must come to an end they say... :(

• Will eternally be my favourite show

It is more than a personal favourite. It is, in every way, the best show that has ever been or ever will be and that needs to be recognized as more than just a personal thing. It is brilliant. Absolutely captivating. The best writing ever seen on TV. It is just amazing how such an unordinary and extraordinary story was put in a present world, in the lives of American Air Force personnel. It is our world as we know it, but with a big secret. The biggest twists on our reality. With bad guys, allies, and heroes like none other. In this world, but like nothing that has ever been seen.

Oh, there are bad guys. But they are not simply bad guys, because that would not be unordinary. Goa'ulds. Evil beyond evil and uncompassionate beyond uncompassionate. They are a species like none other that have been seen in the genre, stealing people, and their lives, and their minds. Ra, Anubis, and Baal, all real enemies with incredible powers, not of this earth. Ruling through fear that survived the thousands of years since they were chased from this world. With the support of a galaxy of Jaffa who now blindly fight for these false gods, it is not an easy battle for our heroes, but they vow to free the galaxy of oppression. They fight to protect the weak and the unaware; they fight in the name of the truth they know.

But there are allies, little grey men with incredible knowledge and power, but, most importantly, an unbreakable loyalty to the people of Jack O'Neill. The Asgard will forever stand by the side of humanity against its enemies, even when the enemies come from within (i.e. Inauguration). They are valued friends, and although our heroes have inferior firepower, they will help defend the Asgard with all their strength and courage, against their enemy, the Replicators, a seemingly unstoppable army of morphing machines.

SG-1, our eclectic group of heroes are led by their fearless leader, Colonel (more recently know as General) Jack O'Neill, with reckless courage and an infinite sense of humor. Typical? Jack O'Neill is anything but typical. "How 'bout a bake sale?" And Dr. Samantha Carter, a lovely young astrophysicist. A woman who was kidnapped and sold for the price of ten women on Simarka, but beat the feared and vicious chief in a traditional battle to the death, winning back her freedom. Teal'c, strong and noble. A Jaffa, a former enemy with vital intell on weaknesses, strengths, and strategies of the Goa'ulds. But again, with unwavering loyalty and friendship with earth. He has pledged allegiance to the planet, to assist in destroying his former oppressors, and with a vision that one day his people will be free. Dr. Daniel Jackson. The nerd, yes, but still in no way stereotypical. Archeologist, linguist, and anthropologist, he is their expert, incredibly knowledgeable in the history, mythology, people, culture and language of almost every civilization that ever was on earth, and elsewhere. He is a significant asset when traveling in a reality as this. A reality where all mythology is real. The legend of Merlin and Avalon, Atlantis, Thor's Hammer.

There is nothing ordinary about this show, nothing that is not splendid. It is in every way original, unique, and distinctive. It is a show that can make you feel as if you have an emotional attachment to the characters, characters that you greatly care for. And nothing could be as captivating as the worlds that you visit and the adventures that ensue.

• yeah another season of Stargate SG-1(i mean season 10)

Boy,I do hope so there will be season 11 and beyond-I hope we see 300th ep of this series and maybe 100th ep of Atlantis.I am a huge fan of this franchise and I'll be very upset if another season(s) aren't made.I'm married with this series,if you think about it(for good and bad,till death,...)let's face it there were some not so good ep of SG-1 and there were those that were wordless :) I am also watching spin-off SGA and is also great like it's SG-1.Since I live in SLovenia I can't watch SG-1 and SGA live,but I have at home all box-sets of both series.To all writers,producers,cast of both shows: Keep up the good work and remeber that fans of both show are always on your side

P.S.:
    Show us the real Furlings,eh???
  • 10/10 for 10 seasons great show not much i can say bad

sg1 what can i say 10 seasons they were doing something right with cancelation of most good scifi shows this one lasted the distance not many shows of any type do

great characters great baddies the main cast are intresting and always having there own little story lines going on in episodes even the rest of the cast are mint mayborn asgard baal the list is endless all the new characters through out the 10 seasons where interesting and keeped sg1 fresh it never gets old

they could of carried on but that would of ruined it even through we were left wanting more with is the mark of a great show
  • Forever in my mind

This remarkable series has shown the world yet another great sci-fi idea that begins with the word 'Star', bringing together every bit of good story-telling science fiction can offer these days. It captured me since the very beginning after watching the movie back in the 90s, and it's still my favorite. I wonder if there will be some more of it in the future. Star Trek has never gone, neither has Star Wars... So I hope Stargate stays with us forever in our minds and TVs...
  • BEST SHOW EVER ON TELEVISION!

This show is so ground breaking in it's ideas that it must surpass any and all shows that were ever broadcast. I enjoyed how they included World Mythology for the Gould System Lords. They utilized a current military installation, NORAD, at Cheyenne Mountain for realism. The story evolved over time to keep the Characters fresh. Very Well Done!

• The Best Show Ever!!

What a fantastic show!!! Everything else seems dull after watching this. You don't even have to be a SciFi fan to love this show... :-) :-)

I wish more non-scifi fans would get exposed to this show, because it will definitely help them to appreciate scifi and maybe even become scifi fans themselves. There are so many people out there that label scifi fans as nerds and anti-socials, but most of them have never watched scifi themselves.

Stargate SG-1 is so brilliant, I believe it will convert some non-scifi fans into scifi fans, if only we can get them to watch it... ;)

Best show ever!

• Perfect is not enough, thanks to US TV from Poland

After 7 wonderful seasons of MacGyver I really missed RDA, I think the most underrated actor in this universe. Here, in Poland, we had like only 3 seasons of MacGyver in TV, and I remembered something about SciFi show, that was broadcasted in our TV some years ago. Two things I remembered were - Stargate and Richard Dean Anderson. Later, I found out that it outlasted MacGyver (10 seasons of SG-1) and that RDA was playing its main character for 8 seasons. Then I thought "Why not?" and this was the day I watched "Children of the Gods".

All my worries suddenly dissapeared. I thought, that I will be watching MacGyver in space, but Richard Dean Anderson is so great that I have never compared Jack O'Neill (two Ls) to Angus MacGyver. It's hard to describe ten excellent seasons, but here is what I love about SG-1:

- RDA as Jack O'Neill - no words will describe him. Perfect sense of humor, great acting, background, something I have never before seen in any SciFi show. I think every fan knows what I'm writing about
    - other main characters with their own individuality: Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson (in my opinion second to RDA best actor in the series); Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter (ideal woman - beautiful, sexy and smart!); Teal'c - an alien I have never seen before - tough and yet funny, love Christopher Judge; and of course in seasons 9 and 10 - Vala and Mitchell - really liked them
    - other castmembers - Don S. Davis as General Hammond - I still miss him, R.I.P, Beau Bridges as General Hank Landry, Dr Frasier, Siller, Walter, Dr Lam
    - the idea of Stargate Network - it allowed creators of the show to create many, many different planets, many races - so many possibilities!
    - the plot, Goa'uld, Ori, Tok'ra
    - RDA as Jack O'Neill - one is not enough:)
    - ideas and scientific atmosphere

Must watch for everybody - I myself am not a huge SciFi fan, but I immidiately loved this show.

Sorry for my English:) and best wishes from Poland for US Television - the best there is!!
  • I love Stargate SG1. I'm prod that Stargate has lasted ten plus years and made sci fi and enter in the gunnies book of history for being the longest runing sci fi show in history.

I love watching Stargate SG1 every day. Through the years, and diffrent 'stargate' groups and web sites, i've made heaps of friends. I'm looking ford to the third stargate and stargate atlantis moive when he comes out and i hope that there will be more star gate moives in the furture. :-)

I'm prod that Stargate has lasted ten plus years and made sci fi and enter in the gunnies book of history for being the longest runing sci fi show in history. :-)

Who knows a wedding or two or three, lol. After all there still heaps of planets to check out, lol
  • Indeed one of the best sci-fi tv shows i've seen and enjoyed for almost 11 years.

1994. The Stargate phenomenon begins. Great movie, lovely acting and simply incredible idea, idea that (little did we know) 3 years later was going to turn into one of the world's most viewed sci-fi tv shows of all time. Enter, the cast: Richard Dean Anderson, Daniel Jackson, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge. I mentioned only these four because these are the actors that kept viewers watching their crazy and fantastic journeys into the stars for almost ten years (since some like Michael and Richard missed quite a few episodes). Where would you even begin to describe such a huge phenomenon like the Stargare SG-1 series. Simply by saying that it was, is and will be an absolutely incredible and amazing adventure for past and future generations. I've watched this over and over, it's just...they don't make 'em like they used to. Stargate Sg-1 was right at the top and precisely at the right time. It worked wonders. First you gather the most incredible crew that work wonders together and simply combine like 4 atoms in the same molecule, add some really really really really good quality sci-fi storyline into each episode (various alien races, hundreds of planets to be explored maybe thousands, a kick-ass enemy spreading like a cancer all over the galaxy and numerous close to death situations and let's not forget the ammount of knowledge invested here, what Sam or Daniel talk sometimes...leaves me in aw! Plus the occasional humor and witty repartees and you get a whole big new world ready for the taking. Bloody well done. Best sci-fi show in my book.
  • One of the best shows ever made

This show has to be my favourite sci fi and my favourite show ever. The characters are all well thought out and although from time to time the effects and stories can be a little weird, it really doesnt detract from the awesomness of this show.

The best seasons were probably seasons 5 and 6 but still remains brilliant even till the very end of the 10th season. Although the last two seasons had a different style to the previous ones, the series i think managed to succeed where other shows failed havin maintained the quality of the show even with the departure of a major character. I would recommend this show to any sci fi fan out there. You really can't get much better than this.
  • Awesome show with awesome dynamic characters

I LOVED this series. I think it was the best series for family entertainment in the last twenty five years. The characters were all brilliantly cast and acted out by the four lead actors.
    Sci fi shows of this quality are rare and tend to gather an extrememly loyal following. I know that all the fans I have met are seriously missing this show now that it has finished. Stargate Universe may have an interesting story line but the characters are awful.
    I hope they do more movies with the original team in it, as there were some loose ends that needed tying up here and there and I hear that the proposed story line for the third movie would have been awesome.
    I'm seriously missing SG-1.
  • Best Sci-fi show

I had watched a few sci-fi shows like The X-Files. However, I needed to expand my library, so I asked around, and my dad's wife suggested Stargate SG-1 since it was sort of in the same league (sci-fi, with some drama to it). So I went and bought the first movie from 1994, and I thought it was really cool.

So, since I liked it, I decided to buy a season one box set and test it out. Glad I did. This show is awesome. I remember that pretty much after 90% of the episodes, I ended up saying to myself "Wow, another amazing episode of Stargate". This series will be watched over and over again, and I will have enjoyed every minute of it.

The characters are great. Jack O'Neill is awesome, as well as he sometimes brings in some comedy which always makes for a good episode. Sam Carter is smart and cool. Teal'c is great. I also love how Daniel Jackson brings in the history side of things about cultures and such. After season 8 when they brought in Colonel Mitchel as well as Vala and General Landry, they added more good stuff to the show. I know some might have thought different, but I think they were a great addition to the show. After I watched season 8, I wasn't sure about picking up seasons 9-10. However, after reading some reviews, I convinced myself otherwise. So I bought season 9 to start out. I wasn't sold on it, until the second run through. I took a break from season 9 for a couple weeks, then returned to it with an open mind. Glad I did. I was kind of nervous about the new characters (Vala, Landry, and Mitchell), but now after a few viewings of seasons 9-10, I can say they are accepted to me as part of the family.
  • Thoughts on Stargate, inspirations and things to be thankful for.

Ah Stargate... I've been watching it since I was 5 and am definetly the Stargate Expert in our family. Really I can thank Stargate for a lot of things.

One it was great entertainment for a long time. Two it really got me interested in reading (fanfiction) and three it really got me interested in writing.

I love writing now and I try to do it as often as I can. Whether its about Stargate or something else.

Stargate is what really got me started though, it also inspired me to be an astrophysicist and an archaeologist, both of which I gave up the dreams of a long time ago but still I was able to broaden my imagination.

Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam. *sigh* possibly the best team every.

There was no show quite like Stargate and there will never be a show quite like Stargate.
  • The greatest show ever made.

Stargate Sg-1 earned its place as my favorite show ever and it will probably stay there until i die.

From start to finish this show had amazing writing, acting, comedy, camera work and effects. What truly made the show exciting was following it from season 1-10 and seeing how the show progressed and how the characters changed. Earth started so unaware of the universe but over the years made many great allies and made significant advances in technology.

What i also loved was the that back-story of the show made it so theoretically it could be happening and we wouldn't even know. The US military managed to cover everything up and keep it a secret in the show for 10+ years and that was part of the excitement. The cast was great all the way through, though i personally like the classic team of Colonel O'Neill, Captain/Major Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'C And Gen. Hammond running the SGC. They really should bring this show back.. i dont know how it ever got cancelled. Even the last 2 seasons did exceptionally well and had high ratings. SG-1 will forever be my favorite show, and i hope they at least continue with the movies
  • Stargate SG1 is the coolest show in every universe!

Stargate SG1 is one of my most favorite show, for all the years i have been watching since I was fourteen it has made me laugh, cry, surprised, amazed, interested, and even mad at times, like when they canceled the series and came out with the retard Stargate Universe but thats another thing. The show had drew my life into science, physics, sociology, psychology, and know into philosophy. It has taught many things that school never could teach. The character where amazing. I am a person who is horrible with actors names, I will not know any actor by name basically accept for the names of the actors in SG1. I know every episode by heart! And I own every episode and almost everyone for Atlantis. I have seen each one I would have to say more then twenty times! I can always watch them again and find something new to laugh about and cry about that I may have not cached the last time! The show is great and has done so much for me in my life! I worked out more and been able to handle more pain cause of Teal'c, I have been funnier cause of O'Neil, I have learned more science cause of Sam, and I have become more understanding cause of Daniel. I am finally able to go to the convention in Canada in Apirl! It WILL BE AWESOME!
  • A brilliant series that expands on the original premise from the 1994 movie of the same name.

In my opinion this is one of the best sci-fi shows ever made. Not only does it have a very original and compelling premise but it also has some of the best and most original characters of any TV show. As well as this it manages to pull of not only convincing character development but also manages to move the show itself forward at a steady and realistic pace. It has great writers with fabulous plotlines and dialogue. The acting is also some of the best you will find in a genre show of this type. Richard Dean Anderson in particular is superb.

The show also accomplishes the almost impossible by radically changing its cast and still maintaining the same group dynamics and character interaction that made it great.

Without a shadow of a doubt this show will live on for a very long time as on of the great science fiction shows of all time.
  • Stargate Sg1 is my favorite show, I hear about it 10 years ago at TV, but I didn't quite have the time back then to watch tv so I have to wait 5 years to start watching it.

Stargate Sg1 is my favorite show, I hear about it 10 years ago at TV, but I didn't quite have the time back then to watch tv so I have to wait 5 years to start watching it. I start watching it beacause it had an original ideea,Peoples traveling from one planet to another by the means of an ancient alien device, and the fact that they use alots of miths and stories in the series. Also the God ideea, that is actually a being a little more inteligence that lied to people by using technology they didn't understand. Then I start to like the caracters alot, especially O'Neill:). Now I wait to see Universe, I hope it will be at last half as good as SG1.
  • Cool sci-fi

This show wasnt on much but when it was me and my dad would watch it togethor, those are such good memories.
    So now in the year 2009 me and my dad have all the seasons on dvd, we watch tons of them every day. This show is addicting, if you start a disk you cant stop watching it. you have to finish it to be happy
    but when it is over you sad, cuz it was so much fun.
    Any way i give this show a 10 for be so good so long,
    not many shows can do that can then now.
  • Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.

It was sad to see it end but SG Atlantis has been a nice addition to the SG universe, but nothing like the original. Thanks for 10 years of fun and laughter, tears and joy. Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.
  • Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.

They could not have picked a better cast for this series. I've always been a fan of Richard Dean Anderson ever since MacGyver. To see a show last for 10 years and develop each character almost flawlessly and maintain the essences of the original movie and the wonderful twist and application they give to mythology made show a grate experience along the years. It was sad to see it end but SG Atlantis has been a nice addition to the SG universe but nothing like the original. Thanks for 10 years of fun and laughter, tears and joy. Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.
  • Chosing a Classification well that's not hard with this show that has to be a Classic for me anywayz.

Chosing a Classification well that's not hard with this show that has to be a Classic for me anywayz. Starting watching this show the day it got broadcasted and i'm still a huge fan. Watched it a dozen times on DVD and it still rocks.

The characters are all well written and they all have there strong points but also there on personal flaws and in the seasons available you really get to know them and feel a bond with them.

The story line is nice also, the mythology based scifi is a nice combination because most of the people know a thing of 2 about mythology the norse or egyptian one and the fact that they can travel to countless worlds makes it a nice combination to write a story. The enemies are fierce and without remorse and the SG-1 team has to stop them with any means necessary.

If you love a good Sci-Fi story with some nice characters, good graphics then this will be a show you'll have to watch and believe me when i say you gonna love it!
  • Review on Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1 is a show about a team of explores who search for alien life forms on other planets by going the a ring called a Stargate. Each week we see what SG-1 has do in order to save the planet from total alien donation SG-1 is a fun show as all of the characters are fun are likable are both. For most of the show run on TV it was one of the best show on TV even though it drifted in the later years it was still very good as I thought that they could have done more with the bad guys in the last two seasons of SG-1.
  • My tribute to this sci-fi odyssey.

On Sunday July 27, 1997, the first episode of a new science fiction series called "Stargate SG-1" was broadcast on Showtime. A spin-off of and sequel to the 1994 film "Stargate" starring Kurt Russell and James Spader, the series begins approximately one year after the events portrayed in the film. For ten seasons, it chronicled the adventures and misadventures of an intrepid team of explorers known as SG-1. Originally, the series starred Richard Dean Anderson as Colonel Jack O'Neill (two "l"s!), Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson, Amanda Tapping as Captain Samantha Carter, Christopher Judge as Teal'c and Don S. Davis as Major General George S. Hammond. For ten long years, we watched the team battle against the Goa'uld, the Replicators, the Ori and many other aggressors. At the same time, they forged alliances with the Asgard, the Tok'ra, the rebel Jaffa, the Nox and the Tollan. They saved the world no less than eight times over the years and never gave up, not until death claimed them. And sometimes not even then.

As with all long-running series, they were numerous cast changes. Michael Shanks left the series in January 2002 at the end of its fifth season in order to broaden his horizons as an actor. Daniel Jackson's successor as the team's resident archaeologist/geek was Jonas Quinn, an alien from a country called Kelowna on the planet Langara, played by Corin Nemec. However, Shanks returned at the beginning of the seventh season in June 2003 and Nemec left at the same time. Unfortunately, he made only one further guest appearance and his character was seldom mentioned afterwards. Don S. Davis left the series at the end of the seventh season in March 2004 as he felt that it was time for him to go. The show's original star and arguably its most popular actor, Richard Dean Anderson, starred in the series throughout its first eight seasons. His participation in the seventh and eight seasons was noticeably less than in the earlier seasons. He finally left "SG-1" in March 2005 in order to spend more time with his then six-year-old daughter. Jack O'Neill was by far my favourite character in the series and, truth be told, I never enjoyed the last two seasons as much as I did the earlier episodes for that very reason.

The ninth season represented a new era for the programme. With the departure of its lead actor and the defeat of the Goa'uld and the Replicators in Season Eight, many fans felt the series should go out on a high. Regardless, the series carried on for a further two years with the Ori replacing the Goa'uld as the series' main adversaries. Three new characters were brought in to fill the gaps as it were and help usher in this re-invention. Ben Browder came in as the cocky Southern Air Force pilot Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell, the new leader of SG-1. His "Farscape" co-star, the lovely Claudia Black, began to play a prominent role in the series as the vivacious, sexy, hilarious and certainly extroverted Vala Mal Doran, a former Goa'uld host and con artist from another planet. A recurring guest star during the eighth and ninth seasons, she joined the cast full time at the beginning of its tenth and final season. Rounding off the cast was the legendary Beau Bridges as Major General Hank Landry, the new commander of the SGC and an old friend of Jack O'Neill and General Hammond. For the last two years, they starred alongside the "SG-1" faithful (Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge) and became valuable parts of and made equally valuable contributions to the Stargate franchise.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. During the initial broadcast of the first several episodes of Season Ten, ratings dropped considerably, resulting in cancellation in its August 2006. After ten seasons and 214 episodes, the dream was finally over. On March 13, 2007, what began with "Children of the Gods" ended with "Unending". The series finale made its world premiere on Sky One in Britain and Ireland before being shown on the Sci-Fi Channel in the United States on June 22, 2007.

In the ten years that the series was on the air, it amassed legions of fans and even eclipsed the science fiction series, "Star Trek", in terms of popularity in certain countries. It became the second-longest running sci-fi series in the world, second only to "Doctor Who" (1963-1989), and the longest-running American produced sci-fi series, having surpassed "The X-Files" only a few months before it ended.

"Stargate SG-1" represents the cornerstone of the "Stargate" franchise. In 2004, its success and popularity led to the production of a spin-off series entitled "Stargate Atlantis", which was regrettably cancelled after five seasons and 100 episodes in August 2008. Although plans for another feature film fell through, two direct-to-DVD films, "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate Continuum", were released in 2008 and more are planned for the not too distant future. A third live-action series, "Stargate Universe", is also due to premiere at some point next year. (There was, unfortunately, an animated series, "Stargate Infinity", which ran only from 2002 to 2003 but the less said about that the better). Despite the end of "SG-1" and "Atlantis" as continuing series, the future of "Stargate" looks very bright indeed.

In conclusion, while "Stargate" has yet to gain the same degree of popular recognition as other major sci-fi television franchises such as "Star Trek" and "Doctor Who", its still relatively new compared to those two sci-fi giants and I have every confidence that it will continue for many, many years to come.
  • The bst show in the worldlike ever plus th best haracter in th world col j

this show is aazing, so clever how they have taken the whole a team thing (see gamekeeper murdoch) and taken it to several other planets. the script often has me laughing out loud as well as being worried about the team.
    It seems that from series one the episodes just gets better and better the special effects more explosive and the actors improve with age.
    How the writers keep coming up with such new orignal and exciting stories is incredible. No sci fi series can touch it, they go forward in time back in time and into alien worlds, it works on all levels.
    Sometimes it scares me I cant believe kids could watch it!!! The episode when Tealc almost becomes a fly.... creepy also the enemy within 'my friend died on the table' and tin men are my favourites
    Enjoy
  • 10 years of greatness...

I'm just going to come right out with this and say: This is how you should make a science fiction show. OOcould say tha this is a spin-off from the 1994 movie where Kurt Russell played Colonel O'Neill. The show picks up one year after the movie. They did a very good job when casting for this series they have Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill. Over the years the cast developed good chemistry and RDA left the show after 8 years they brought in Ben Browder as the new lead. Ben did a good job taking over from RDA. Then the show was canceled out o nowhere and it looked like SG-1 was gone forever. But they cameckinthe form of straight to DVD movies. No matter what I'm very sure that SG-1 will carry on in some way shape or form.
  • Simply Oustanding

For this is one of the best shows ever made. Great plot almost to the end. Ten exciting seasons always with great caracthers and even in the end with fresh storys to tell. But we have to say the universe his a big place with always new storys to tell.

My favorite caracther i know it's a cliché but it had to be coronel o'neill for it's funny moments with all the other caracthers.

And i have to say a word for the movie, that was a little slow but not to bad and a nice way to end the story.

I think this show will become a classic that will be show all over the years like startrek, battlestar galactica, etc...

For all to see but specialy the sci fi fans.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10