Stargate SG-1

Syfy (ended 2008)

Gislef

Stargate SG-1 Fan Reviews (480)

• A must see.

Stargate: SG-1 is the greatest science-fiction TV-series put out there, if not the greatest series. Unlike other attempts made by the Sci-Fi channel it has been able to maintain its story line while also continuing to challenge its viewers. Due to this it has lasted longer than other scifi shows, even longer than Andromeda and Farscape, and in a sense longer than Star Trek.

I believe its fame and longevity is due to the writers ability to mix the science of the show, with what is known about ancient history, while still keeping the characters very much human with both weaknesses and strengths. The characters in the show are the type of people you can connect with and because they are continuously growing they never get stale.

The show itself is like a continuous stream of events that all interconnect. As the characters explore new worlds they are challenged and each challenge helps them to learn more about the “bigger” problem they are facing. Each solution that is gained increases their ability to solve the puzzle and to this day, even though I know they will, I’m always wondering if they’re going to get out of the situation alive. And I’m always amazed how they do it.

Even though Stargate has lasted so long its not getting stale with each problem solved a new one arises and there are new questions and new challenges that keep you waiting for the next episode, always wondering what’s going to happen. Stargate will hopefully last for years to come and with its other show Stargate: Atlantis I think it could never end.

So I encourage anyone who loves Science Fiction or not to watch Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis.
  • "The show is like clay, constantly being toyed with for your viewing pleasure--and the writers never cease to amaze."

Stargate SG-1 had a rocky start way back in 97' when it first aired, with corny and stiff acting, but it didn't take long for the actors to adjust into their roles. The idea itself of an inter-dimensional portal that allows you to travel to thousands of different planets was one that people most obviously liked and saw potential in because the seasons kept coming. The show had essentially set itself up for an unlimited amount of story-telling set in any number of bizarre locations and times. And that's exactly what the show did for quite some time. The show was less about the characters and more about the locations and enemies they would meet in the vast universe. But as seasons went by the show started shying away from that aspect and focusing more and more of the characters, how they've developed and the relationships between them.

One thing that many people immediately pin on the show is the fact that the "star" is in fact Richard Dean Anderson--or in other words "MacGyver". But I will say that he's established his role as "Jack O’Neil” to the point where that's the first thing that pops into my mind when thinking of the actor. Something that is sometimes difficult for actors who play the same role for so long. Nonetheless if you've watched the show from the beginning you'll have noticed the massive evolution in acting each has taken throughout the years. They've essentially become their roles, and for such a long-running series that's all a fan can hope for.

One of the key points of the show, especially in later seasons, is its subtle and sarcastic humor that really spices things up. And at the same time this is no Star Trek, the show itself and the situations the characters find themselves aren't inheritably laughable. The show can sometimes take itself quite seriously, but when it runs into an obvious clitch they keep it real with a touch of humor playing up to that fact.

And as you know a large part of any sci-fi show is quite obviously the special effects. And Stargate SG-1 has a brilliant team on board for theirs. Just as pretty much every other aspect of the show has evolved and grown the special effects have also (you'd hope so...). Almost to the point where they rival some of the block-buster movies out there. You really can't complain for this aspect of the show, and right along with it are the great sets and props the show has invented along the way. The show has created its own universe and yet it’s still all based around very "human"(for the most part) characters.

The show is like clay, constantly being toyed with for your viewing pleasure--and the writers never cease to amaze. If you're a fan of Sci-Fi in general, a past Star Trek fan or simply someone looking for a great show definitely check SG-1 out, whether it be on DVD or watching the many re-runs regularly shown on the Sci-fi channel. It just keeps getting better with time, and I don't see the stopping point for this show in the near future.
  • Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.

It was sad to see it end but SG Atlantis has been a nice addition to the SG universe, but nothing like the original. Thanks for 10 years of fun and laughter, tears and joy. Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.
  • Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.

They could not have picked a better cast for this series. I've always been a fan of Richard Dean Anderson ever since MacGyver. To see a show last for 10 years and develop each character almost flawlessly and maintain the essences of the original movie and the wonderful twist and application they give to mythology made show a grate experience along the years. It was sad to see it end but SG Atlantis has been a nice addition to the SG universe but nothing like the original. Thanks for 10 years of fun and laughter, tears and joy. Cheers to one of the best sci-fi series of all time.
  • Review on Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1 is a show about a team of explores who search for alien life forms on other planets by going the a ring called a Stargate. Each week we see what SG-1 has do in order to save the planet from total alien donation SG-1 is a fun show as all of the characters are fun are likable are both. For most of the show run on TV it was one of the best show on TV even though it drifted in the later years it was still very good as I thought that they could have done more with the bad guys in the last two seasons of SG-1.
  • The best show ever made!

If you thougt MacGyver was a good show, and you can live with that SciFi is cool, this is going to bend your knees! It has the most catching plot ever made, having that said, it has charm, deepness (is that a word, I'm not english speaking :-/), endless list of twists... all in all, there's nothing this show does not have! Richard, YOUR THE MAN! He has contributed to the plotwriting, as you could suspect due to all the hilarious and fabulous comments he makes :-)
  • If not for one small problem i have with the characters.. this show would be perfect to me..!!

This show is great… almost perfect. Aside from the one problem I have with it, which is the Samantha/Jack angle in which they can’t get together. I have mad problems being teased on about a possible relationship in which nothing happens. Just like in the anime inuyasha…you wondering just what is the extent of their relationship. You think she loves inuyasha… but she’s like 15 and he’s like 300 years old… So even if they were willing, it would be just sick. But in this case, the only thing holding them back is some bootleg since of “no fraternizing” or we can’t date and work together rule. You would think if you truly cared for one another you would at least boink once in secrete… kiss… something!

This show has great story archs… plots… music… the whole shebang! Jack is such a phenomenal character and I will miss him when he is phased out. But Ben Browder is Jack Jr. And I loved his portrayal of John Crichton on Farscape. Season 8 the series seemed a little lost, there seemed to be no direction to go… But towards the end they tied up some loose strings.. and even parodied the fact that they hadn’t shot any on site episodes outside in like a year….This show has it all….and is well on its way to being the greatest sci-fi show ever… if it already isn’t.
  • Chosing a Classification well that's not hard with this show that has to be a Classic for me anywayz.

Chosing a Classification well that's not hard with this show that has to be a Classic for me anywayz. Starting watching this show the day it got broadcasted and i'm still a huge fan. Watched it a dozen times on DVD and it still rocks.

The characters are all well written and they all have there strong points but also there on personal flaws and in the seasons available you really get to know them and feel a bond with them.

The story line is nice also, the mythology based scifi is a nice combination because most of the people know a thing of 2 about mythology the norse or egyptian one and the fact that they can travel to countless worlds makes it a nice combination to write a story. The enemies are fierce and without remorse and the SG-1 team has to stop them with any means necessary.

If you love a good Sci-Fi story with some nice characters, good graphics then this will be a show you'll have to watch and believe me when i say you gonna love it!
  • Title too short

I'll put it this way:

I cancelled my cable out of spite when SG-1 went off air.

• Missing you!!

On of my favorite shows of all time.

But all good things must come to an end they say... :(

• I love the first Five season...

Ok, this show is great and the first three seasons Showtime picked up which was great but after the first five seasons the show changed a little with the same old story lines but old is good sometimes! I'm not a big fan of the big character changes during the seasons. No matter what, I still love the show, Its kind of hard to watch the last couple of seasons simply because the show wasn't the same after the big charter change.I love the first movie that made way for the show and its about time the show made a follow up movie, they made two!!! Don't get me wrong, I do love the show and own a few seasons on DVD!
  • Will eternally be my favourite show

It is more than a personal favourite. It is, in every way, the best show that has ever been or ever will be and that needs to be recognized as more than just a personal thing. It is brilliant. Absolutely captivating. The best writing ever seen on TV. It is just amazing how such an unordinary and extraordinary story was put in a present world, in the lives of American Air Force personnel. It is our world as we know it, but with a big secret. The biggest twists on our reality. With bad guys, allies, and heroes like none other. In this world, but like nothing that has ever been seen.

Oh, there are bad guys. But they are not simply bad guys, because that would not be unordinary. Goa'ulds. Evil beyond evil and uncompassionate beyond uncompassionate. They are a species like none other that have been seen in the genre, stealing people, and their lives, and their minds. Ra, Anubis, and Baal, all real enemies with incredible powers, not of this earth. Ruling through fear that survived the thousands of years since they were chased from this world. With the support of a galaxy of Jaffa who now blindly fight for these false gods, it is not an easy battle for our heroes, but they vow to free the galaxy of oppression. They fight to protect the weak and the unaware; they fight in the name of the truth they know.

But there are allies, little grey men with incredible knowledge and power, but, most importantly, an unbreakable loyalty to the people of Jack O'Neill. The Asgard will forever stand by the side of humanity against its enemies, even when the enemies come from within (i.e. Inauguration). They are valued friends, and although our heroes have inferior firepower, they will help defend the Asgard with all their strength and courage, against their enemy, the Replicators, a seemingly unstoppable army of morphing machines.

SG-1, our eclectic group of heroes are led by their fearless leader, Colonel (more recently know as General) Jack O'Neill, with reckless courage and an infinite sense of humor. Typical? Jack O'Neill is anything but typical. "How 'bout a bake sale?" And Dr. Samantha Carter, a lovely young astrophysicist. A woman who was kidnapped and sold for the price of ten women on Simarka, but beat the feared and vicious chief in a traditional battle to the death, winning back her freedom. Teal'c, strong and noble. A Jaffa, a former enemy with vital intell on weaknesses, strengths, and strategies of the Goa'ulds. But again, with unwavering loyalty and friendship with earth. He has pledged allegiance to the planet, to assist in destroying his former oppressors, and with a vision that one day his people will be free. Dr. Daniel Jackson. The nerd, yes, but still in no way stereotypical. Archeologist, linguist, and anthropologist, he is their expert, incredibly knowledgeable in the history, mythology, people, culture and language of almost every civilization that ever was on earth, and elsewhere. He is a significant asset when traveling in a reality as this. A reality where all mythology is real. The legend of Merlin and Avalon, Atlantis, Thor's Hammer.

There is nothing ordinary about this show, nothing that is not splendid. It is in every way original, unique, and distinctive. It is a show that can make you feel as if you have an emotional attachment to the characters, characters that you greatly care for. And nothing could be as captivating as the worlds that you visit and the adventures that ensue.

• A brilliant series that expands on the original premise from the 1994 movie of the same name.

In my opinion this is one of the best sci-fi shows ever made. Not only does it have a very original and compelling premise but it also has some of the best and most original characters of any TV show. As well as this it manages to pull of not only convincing character development but also manages to move the show itself forward at a steady and realistic pace. It has great writers with fabulous plotlines and dialogue. The acting is also some of the best you will find in a genre show of this type. Richard Dean Anderson in particular is superb.

The show also accomplishes the almost impossible by radically changing its cast and still maintaining the same group dynamics and character interaction that made it great.

Without a shadow of a doubt this show will live on for a very long time as on of the great science fiction shows of all time.
  • My tribute to this sci-fi odyssey.

On Sunday July 27, 1997, the first episode of a new science fiction series called "Stargate SG-1" was broadcast on Showtime. A spin-off of and sequel to the 1994 film "Stargate" starring Kurt Russell and James Spader, the series begins approximately one year after the events portrayed in the film. For ten seasons, it chronicled the adventures and misadventures of an intrepid team of explorers known as SG-1. Originally, the series starred Richard Dean Anderson as Colonel Jack O'Neill (two "l"s!), Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson, Amanda Tapping as Captain Samantha Carter, Christopher Judge as Teal'c and Don S. Davis as Major General George S. Hammond. For ten long years, we watched the team battle against the Goa'uld, the Replicators, the Ori and many other aggressors. At the same time, they forged alliances with the Asgard, the Tok'ra, the rebel Jaffa, the Nox and the Tollan. They saved the world no less than eight times over the years and never gave up, not until death claimed them. And sometimes not even then.

As with all long-running series, they were numerous cast changes. Michael Shanks left the series in January 2002 at the end of its fifth season in order to broaden his horizons as an actor. Daniel Jackson's successor as the team's resident archaeologist/geek was Jonas Quinn, an alien from a country called Kelowna on the planet Langara, played by Corin Nemec. However, Shanks returned at the beginning of the seventh season in June 2003 and Nemec left at the same time. Unfortunately, he made only one further guest appearance and his character was seldom mentioned afterwards. Don S. Davis left the series at the end of the seventh season in March 2004 as he felt that it was time for him to go. The show's original star and arguably its most popular actor, Richard Dean Anderson, starred in the series throughout its first eight seasons. His participation in the seventh and eight seasons was noticeably less than in the earlier seasons. He finally left "SG-1" in March 2005 in order to spend more time with his then six-year-old daughter. Jack O'Neill was by far my favourite character in the series and, truth be told, I never enjoyed the last two seasons as much as I did the earlier episodes for that very reason.

The ninth season represented a new era for the programme. With the departure of its lead actor and the defeat of the Goa'uld and the Replicators in Season Eight, many fans felt the series should go out on a high. Regardless, the series carried on for a further two years with the Ori replacing the Goa'uld as the series' main adversaries. Three new characters were brought in to fill the gaps as it were and help usher in this re-invention. Ben Browder came in as the cocky Southern Air Force pilot Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell, the new leader of SG-1. His "Farscape" co-star, the lovely Claudia Black, began to play a prominent role in the series as the vivacious, sexy, hilarious and certainly extroverted Vala Mal Doran, a former Goa'uld host and con artist from another planet. A recurring guest star during the eighth and ninth seasons, she joined the cast full time at the beginning of its tenth and final season. Rounding off the cast was the legendary Beau Bridges as Major General Hank Landry, the new commander of the SGC and an old friend of Jack O'Neill and General Hammond. For the last two years, they starred alongside the "SG-1" faithful (Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge) and became valuable parts of and made equally valuable contributions to the Stargate franchise.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. During the initial broadcast of the first several episodes of Season Ten, ratings dropped considerably, resulting in cancellation in its August 2006. After ten seasons and 214 episodes, the dream was finally over. On March 13, 2007, what began with "Children of the Gods" ended with "Unending". The series finale made its world premiere on Sky One in Britain and Ireland before being shown on the Sci-Fi Channel in the United States on June 22, 2007.

In the ten years that the series was on the air, it amassed legions of fans and even eclipsed the science fiction series, "Star Trek", in terms of popularity in certain countries. It became the second-longest running sci-fi series in the world, second only to "Doctor Who" (1963-1989), and the longest-running American produced sci-fi series, having surpassed "The X-Files" only a few months before it ended.

"Stargate SG-1" represents the cornerstone of the "Stargate" franchise. In 2004, its success and popularity led to the production of a spin-off series entitled "Stargate Atlantis", which was regrettably cancelled after five seasons and 100 episodes in August 2008. Although plans for another feature film fell through, two direct-to-DVD films, "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate Continuum", were released in 2008 and more are planned for the not too distant future. A third live-action series, "Stargate Universe", is also due to premiere at some point next year. (There was, unfortunately, an animated series, "Stargate Infinity", which ran only from 2002 to 2003 but the less said about that the better). Despite the end of "SG-1" and "Atlantis" as continuing series, the future of "Stargate" looks very bright indeed.

In conclusion, while "Stargate" has yet to gain the same degree of popular recognition as other major sci-fi television franchises such as "Star Trek" and "Doctor Who", its still relatively new compared to those two sci-fi giants and I have every confidence that it will continue for many, many years to come.
  • Best Show Ever!!!

Stargate SG-1 is my most favorite TV show. I watched 1 episode at a friends place after that I couldn't stop myself until I finish watching each and every episode. ;) I watched this show first then Stargate Atlantis, and then the movie. Which I believe released couple years before Stargate SG-1 aired.

Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill did a fabulous job in this show. He was the team leader of team called SG-1. Michael Shanks ( Dr. Daniel Jackson ), Amanda Tapping ( Samantha Carter ), Christopher Judge ( Teal'c ) were other members of that team.

Michael Shanks is SG-1's archaeological expert. He was the one to figure out what Stargate is and how to use it. He is a Dr of language, mythology and ancient cultures. He even lived and married an woman from an other planet.

Amanda Tapping is the teams science expert, and theoretical astrophysicist. She was responsible for deciphering the Stargate address system and designing the dialing computer, allowing Earth to use the Stargate without its companion D.H.D.

Teal'C is from another planet. He has the most knowledge of the Goa'uls. He was once their Jaffa. After seeing how Goa'uls uses human body as a host and how they torture people he decided to fight them and joined SG-1 team.

In this show, this team travels to many different planet to make new friends, learn about their culture and technology. At the same time fight the Goa'uls. If anyone who didn't watch this show, I highly recommend it. I am sure you wont be disappointed. :D
  • 10/10 for 10 seasons great show not much i can say bad

sg1 what can i say 10 seasons they were doing something right with cancelation of most good scifi shows this one lasted the distance not many shows of any type do

great characters great baddies the main cast are intresting and always having there own little story lines going on in episodes even the rest of the cast are mint mayborn asgard baal the list is endless all the new characters through out the 10 seasons where interesting and keeped sg1 fresh it never gets old

they could of carried on but that would of ruined it even through we were left wanting more with is the mark of a great show
  • Forever in my mind

This remarkable series has shown the world yet another great sci-fi idea that begins with the word 'Star', bringing together every bit of good story-telling science fiction can offer these days. It captured me since the very beginning after watching the movie back in the 90s, and it's still my favorite. I wonder if there will be some more of it in the future. Star Trek has never gone, neither has Star Wars... So I hope Stargate stays with us forever in our minds and TVs...
  • BEST SHOW EVER ON TELEVISION!

This show is so ground breaking in it's ideas that it must surpass any and all shows that were ever broadcast. I enjoyed how they included World Mythology for the Gould System Lords. They utilized a current military installation, NORAD, at Cheyenne Mountain for realism. The story evolved over time to keep the Characters fresh. Very Well Done!

• I love Stargate SG1. I'm prod that Stargate has lasted ten plus years and made sci fi and enter in the gunnies book of history for being the longest runing sci fi show in history.

I love watching Stargate SG1 every day. Through the years, and diffrent 'stargate' groups and web sites, i've made heaps of friends. I'm looking ford to the third stargate and stargate atlantis moive when he comes out and i hope that there will be more star gate moives in the furture. :-)

I'm prod that Stargate has lasted ten plus years and made sci fi and enter in the gunnies book of history for being the longest runing sci fi show in history. :-)

Who knows a wedding or two or three, lol. After all there still heaps of planets to check out, lol
  • One of the best shows ever made

This show has to be my favourite sci fi and my favourite show ever. The characters are all well thought out and although from time to time the effects and stories can be a little weird, it really doesnt detract from the awesomness of this show.

The best seasons were probably seasons 5 and 6 but still remains brilliant even till the very end of the 10th season. Although the last two seasons had a different style to the previous ones, the series i think managed to succeed where other shows failed havin maintained the quality of the show even with the departure of a major character. I would recommend this show to any sci fi fan out there. You really can't get much better than this.
  • The bst show in the worldlike ever plus th best haracter in th world col j

this show is aazing, so clever how they have taken the whole a team thing (see gamekeeper murdoch) and taken it to several other planets. the script often has me laughing out loud as well as being worried about the team.
    It seems that from series one the episodes just gets better and better the special effects more explosive and the actors improve with age.
    How the writers keep coming up with such new orignal and exciting stories is incredible. No sci fi series can touch it, they go forward in time back in time and into alien worlds, it works on all levels.
    Sometimes it scares me I cant believe kids could watch it!!! The episode when Tealc almost becomes a fly.... creepy also the enemy within 'my friend died on the table' and tin men are my favourites
    Enjoy
  • THE best Sci-Fi show on tv right now. The characters have become part of our families, the storylines part of our memories.

Since the first season of Stargate SG-1 I've been totally hooked, the storylines are deep and envolving, the characters are "real". I like to think of SG-1 as a body, one unit, you had Jack now have Cam Mitchell who is the heroic's, Teal'c who is the muscle, Sam Carter who is the brains, and Daniel who is the heart of it all. Since season 9 we've also had Vala who plays alongside Daniel's character perfectly. There is a deep mythologic aspect to this show, a lot of the episodes are based around old myth's some of which get so deep they span multiple seasons. The show wrapped up neatly at season eight's finale, however the show has been continued two seasons more and I have to put in a good word for them. I totally love the new storylines of Camelot, the Ori, and the jokes Daniel and Vala share, check out the latest seasons even if you hated the first 8, in my opinion it's changed dramatically, you might like it!
  • It took an average movie and made it into a great series

This to me is by far the best Sci-Fi Television show ever created. I am a huge Star Trek fan and I know I am going to aggrivate some people but this show is consistently great. The characters are original and funny and have a chemistry on screne that Spock and Kirk could have only dreamed of. The fact that Season 9 is about to start should prove to any doubters that this show is for real. I must admit that I am worried with Richard Dean Anderson leaving the shower but I trust the writers and producers and I think they will continue to put out a quality show. If you only watch one Sci-Fi show make it this one. You don't need to have seen the movie just start renting The series DVD's and enjoy
  • Great show with superb acting and talent. Stargate SG-1 has a lot of history and hopefully can contine its good run.

This is a personal favorite of mine because I like sci-fi and I discovered this only a few years ago on late night fox. This show has progressed very well and I believe the content to be very suitable. Its not way over the top and yet the technical standards are astonishing. This show can outlast any other sci-fi show out there and still have good content. It just doesnt get cliche like Star Trek or doesnt have the awkwardness of Andromeda. This is, so I believe, becoming more popular. There is finally a retail game being developed and the DVD sets are all looking great and selling! This is my favorite show and I will always continue to watch it as long as I can.
  • My thoughts on SG-1

I very much enjoyed this show, although I do have to admit that I think it went a little down hill after Richard left. I loved the use of earth mythology in this show, something I felt wasn't done before, or not to the extent that this show did. The storylines were always wonderfully done, and always kept my attention. I usually sat right in front of the television, so caught up in the story that I didn't want to miss a thing. Another thing I liked about it was how it, more or less, had a continuing storyline that went from one season to the next.
  • Perfect is not enough, thanks to US TV from Poland

After 7 wonderful seasons of MacGyver I really missed RDA, I think the most underrated actor in this universe. Here, in Poland, we had like only 3 seasons of MacGyver in TV, and I remembered something about SciFi show, that was broadcasted in our TV some years ago. Two things I remembered were - Stargate and Richard Dean Anderson. Later, I found out that it outlasted MacGyver (10 seasons of SG-1) and that RDA was playing its main character for 8 seasons. Then I thought "Why not?" and this was the day I watched "Children of the Gods".

All my worries suddenly dissapeared. I thought, that I will be watching MacGyver in space, but Richard Dean Anderson is so great that I have never compared Jack O'Neill (two Ls) to Angus MacGyver. It's hard to describe ten excellent seasons, but here is what I love about SG-1:

- RDA as Jack O'Neill - no words will describe him. Perfect sense of humor, great acting, background, something I have never before seen in any SciFi show. I think every fan knows what I'm writing about
    - other main characters with their own individuality: Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson (in my opinion second to RDA best actor in the series); Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter (ideal woman - beautiful, sexy and smart!); Teal'c - an alien I have never seen before - tough and yet funny, love Christopher Judge; and of course in seasons 9 and 10 - Vala and Mitchell - really liked them
    - other castmembers - Don S. Davis as General Hammond - I still miss him, R.I.P, Beau Bridges as General Hank Landry, Dr Frasier, Siller, Walter, Dr Lam
    - the idea of Stargate Network - it allowed creators of the show to create many, many different planets, many races - so many possibilities!
    - the plot, Goa'uld, Ori, Tok'ra
    - RDA as Jack O'Neill - one is not enough:)
    - ideas and scientific atmosphere

Must watch for everybody - I myself am not a huge SciFi fan, but I immidiately loved this show.

Sorry for my English:) and best wishes from Poland for US Television - the best there is!!
  • Indeed one of the best sci-fi tv shows i've seen and enjoyed for almost 11 years.

1994. The Stargate phenomenon begins. Great movie, lovely acting and simply incredible idea, idea that (little did we know) 3 years later was going to turn into one of the world's most viewed sci-fi tv shows of all time. Enter, the cast: Richard Dean Anderson, Daniel Jackson, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge. I mentioned only these four because these are the actors that kept viewers watching their crazy and fantastic journeys into the stars for almost ten years (since some like Michael and Richard missed quite a few episodes). Where would you even begin to describe such a huge phenomenon like the Stargare SG-1 series. Simply by saying that it was, is and will be an absolutely incredible and amazing adventure for past and future generations. I've watched this over and over, it's just...they don't make 'em like they used to. Stargate Sg-1 was right at the top and precisely at the right time. It worked wonders. First you gather the most incredible crew that work wonders together and simply combine like 4 atoms in the same molecule, add some really really really really good quality sci-fi storyline into each episode (various alien races, hundreds of planets to be explored maybe thousands, a kick-ass enemy spreading like a cancer all over the galaxy and numerous close to death situations and let's not forget the ammount of knowledge invested here, what Sam or Daniel talk sometimes...leaves me in aw! Plus the occasional humor and witty repartees and you get a whole big new world ready for the taking. Bloody well done. Best sci-fi show in my book.
  • The greatest show ever made.

Stargate Sg-1 earned its place as my favorite show ever and it will probably stay there until i die.

From start to finish this show had amazing writing, acting, comedy, camera work and effects. What truly made the show exciting was following it from season 1-10 and seeing how the show progressed and how the characters changed. Earth started so unaware of the universe but over the years made many great allies and made significant advances in technology.

What i also loved was the that back-story of the show made it so theoretically it could be happening and we wouldn't even know. The US military managed to cover everything up and keep it a secret in the show for 10+ years and that was part of the excitement. The cast was great all the way through, though i personally like the classic team of Colonel O'Neill, Captain/Major Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'C And Gen. Hammond running the SGC. They really should bring this show back.. i dont know how it ever got cancelled. Even the last 2 seasons did exceptionally well and had high ratings. SG-1 will forever be my favorite show, and i hope they at least continue with the movies
  • Cool sci-fi

This show wasnt on much but when it was me and my dad would watch it togethor, those are such good memories.
    So now in the year 2009 me and my dad have all the seasons on dvd, we watch tons of them every day. This show is addicting, if you start a disk you cant stop watching it. you have to finish it to be happy
    but when it is over you sad, cuz it was so much fun.
    Any way i give this show a 10 for be so good so long,
    not many shows can do that can then now.
  • 10 years of greatness...

I'm just going to come right out with this and say: This is how you should make a science fiction show. OOcould say tha this is a spin-off from the 1994 movie where Kurt Russell played Colonel O'Neill. The show picks up one year after the movie. They did a very good job when casting for this series they have Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill. Over the years the cast developed good chemistry and RDA left the show after 8 years they brought in Ben Browder as the new lead. Ben did a good job taking over from RDA. Then the show was canceled out o nowhere and it looked like SG-1 was gone forever. But they cameckinthe form of straight to DVD movies. No matter what I'm very sure that SG-1 will carry on in some way shape or form.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10