Stargate SG-1

Syfy (ended 2008)

Gislef

Stargate SG-1 Fan Reviews (479)

• The show which will never be forgotten...

For ten years it has entertained us all. For ten years it has made us very happy. It was very sad to say goodbye to one of the best TV shows ever made in history. Stargate has brought a new perspective to the sci-fi genre. In the beggining SG-1 team faced a powerfull enemy Apophis and other Goaulds, who convinced the entire galaxy that they are gods. Then to make matters even more serious a new technological enemy - The Replicators came. In my opinion they were the most interesting race in the whole Stargate universe. Later half-ascended Goauld Anubis appeared and gave us many exiting hours in front of a TV. At the end the most dangerous enemy - the Ori were introduced.

The characters were also wonderful. In the beggining we had Colonel O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c and General Hammond. For a year we had to say goodbye to Daniel, but he was returned to us. Then we said goodbye to General Hammond and later General O'Neill. But some new characters also appeared. The empty place left by Daniel was filled with Jonas Quinn for a year. Colonel Mitchell took over the team, General Landry - the base and Vala Mal Doran filled the comedy hole left by O'Neill.

Now let's hope that the spirit of SG-1 will live on in Atlantis and in two upcoming movies: The Ark of Truth and Continuum.