Stargate SG-1

Show and Tell

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 1999 on Syfy

• Children...Blech

A young boy ( with very marginal acting skills) arrives through the gate and tells the team that his planet has been annihilated by the goa'uld.The story gets a bit emotional in terms of Jack, since the young boy reminds him of his son. He finds that they have been under observation for weeks by an invisible woman. It's up o the team to find out whats going on and stop the strange aliens and a rebellios faction.
  • LIKE A DEADLY GAME OF HIDE AND SEEK!

5.5
    A young boy gains entry to the SGC and tell the SG-1 team he has come with his mother, a member of the invisible Reetou race. The boy, who asks to be called Charlie after O'Neill's dead son, announces that the Goa'uld destroyed his planet Reetalia and now Reetou rebels intend to kill all human beings. The rebels believe that by killing all potential hosts for the Goa'uld they will gradually eliminate the Goa'uld themselves. His mother created Charlie to serve as an intermediary between the Reetou and humans and to warn them of the coming rebel attack, but due to his accelerated growth, the boy's organs are now failing and unless he receives expert medical help he will die. The SG-1 team calls Carter's father Jacob, a Tok'ra to help them. He brings a laser device which can make the Reetou visible and destroy them. But, it may be too late. Thousands of Reetou are swarming outside the wormhole and an unknown number may have already gained entry into the SGC.
  • Another bunch of bad guys want to kill all humans...

Really good episode, packed with action, humor, Tok'ra and new aliens. I always like to see and Jacob, and his performance in this episode was as usual very good. However, the center of the episode is Charlie the boy who was "made" by the Reetu Authority to warn the SGC. The affection between Jack and Charlie was very touching and fulfilled the emotional aspect of the episode. It was also fun to see the Tok'ra work directly with the SGC for the first time in the series, and we are introduced to TERs a weapon that we will see more of down the road. All in all a fun and riveting episode that shouldn't be skipped.
  • Invisible enemies...

7.4
    I do not know - it was good to watch but the story some how did not worked for me. It was great O'Neill centered episode and they were tearing apart his old wounds and we had To'kras around too, so it cannot be very bad and the storyline itself was interesting - they had never thought there would be enemies who they are not able to see - now they learned that one have been on their base for weeks and preparing for a coming of little boy who brings a warning - more are coming. A lot of action, shooting and effects but...
  • Good Jack episode.

This was a very good episode that was very emotional for Jack. Charlie was a cool little kid and despite my usual dislike for child actors I think Jake did a great job and wish they would have brought him back. The Reetou were a weird race but they would have made an interesting enemy but like a lot of things in the first couple of seasons we never see them again. There were some good effects especially the shot on the planet with all the rebels. That scene reminded me of Starship Troopers with all the bugs. The last scene was sad and touching and a fitting end to an emotional episode.
  • An interesting idea, a great core relationship, and some rather dodgy computer effects.

Throughout the run of Stargate SG-1 (and in particular the first 4 seasons) there have been many interesting storylines and concepts that were never mentioned again. The Reetou are one such example that at first seems like they would've been mentioned again and could've been an interesting addition to the Stargate Universe. However, looking back it's easy to argue that because of how silly they were it was wise they were never mentioned again.

Let's face facts, it is a very silly idea: invisible crab-people terrorists. What makes the idea even worse is its execution (in terms of visual effects). The sequence where Carter moves towards and then kills a Reetou in an elevator (in particular it's arm/weapon pointing outward, and it's death) have visual effects so pathetic that it makes me cringe.

The cliché of tracking the monsters through corridors is made slightly more tolerable and forgivable by the addition of some always-great SG-1-style humour, mainly that between Jack and Daniel (especially the scene with their silent communication). Another rather funny bit is the proof of the existence of "Mother". Actually, one thing that I will always remember about this episode is the advertisement used for it when it first aired in Australia. They played this really wacky music whilst showing Reetou being blown up, and it makes me chuckle whenever I think of it. So, I guess, that's one reason why I'm being so forgiving.

But possibly the best things about this episode are Jeff Gulka's performance as Charlie (I usually judge a child actor's performance by how much they irritate me, and he didn't irritate me at all), and the relationship between Charlie and Jack. It's a very unique relationship (in terms of Stargate, sci-fi and TV in general) and it's handled quite well: not too subtle but thankfully not turned into melodrama. Unfortunately, we never find out what happens to Charlie, which is a great disappointment.

So, despite some big flaws with the episode, it's not completely ruined. It remains an average episode in terms of Stargate, which isn't a bad thing at all. In terms of showing it to a soon-to-be SG-1 fan...this is once again another episode that isn't one they should avoid but also isn't a must-see either. It doesn't add anything more to the story arc or Universe (except for a minor point in "Fair Game"), but also isn’t an episode so bad it will turn them off the show altogether. Once again, I'll leave the choice up to you.
  • Stargate Command must battle an invisible terrorist squad of Reetou.

I personally loved this episode. The concept of an invisible enemy may not be completely new but this episode was well written and created for a very interesting scenario.

Definately my favorite part of this episode was watching the team try to hunt down the invisible squad of Reetou. Knowing that the enemy could be standing right next to them and they didn't know was a good element of suspense for the episode. Also, I liked how the writters chose a small squad of "terrorists" Reetou instead of a huge army. Especially in our present day life, terrorists are something that people can really relate to so it added a sense of reality to the enemy. The writters and directors did a good job and creating the sense of creating a unique threat that often isn't seen with the common attacks of massive alien armies.

Another thing I liked about this episode was the boy who became known as Charlie and his connection to Jack. I really liked the sentimental aspect this gave the episode and thought that it was nice to show the softer side of Jack outside his usual hard military exterior.

Overall, I greatly enjoyed this episode. It kept me interested throughout the entire show and was definately worth watching.
  • This episode is about a boy who comes to the SGC. He takes on the name Charlie. He has a life threatning sickness. It all,thankfully, turns out alright when Charlie gets healed by a Tok'ra symbiot.

This episode was really good. I've only seen it once and that was last year, so some of the details may be a little sketchy.
    In this episode a young boy comes to the SGC. He's not very well and is dying. His Mom is aparently a Reetou. SGC encountered the Reetou before. It was not a good experince. They had to fight the Reetou back off the base.
    The kid conects with Jack and near the end of the episode Jack almost adopts him.(The kid also took on the name of Charlie - Jack's son who died a few years back.) Jack would have adopted him too if Charlie didn't leave to lve with the Tok'ra. The Tok'ra symbiont healed Charlie completly.
    This is such a great episode and a finer example of the series.