Stargate SG-1

Space Race

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 01, 2003 on Syfy

• Carter may be a great character, but this is NOT her sorta storyline.

This was my largest disappointment out of the entire Season by far. At first I thought I might be anticipating too much out of Season 7 but I thought I was wrong after the first few episodes. This really takes me back and makes me think the way I originally thought.

Let me start with saying I'm not too fond of most in-space activity on Stargate. I find it to be very boring setting. Space Race definately keeps me thinking that. I understand that Carter's ship was going through problems, but through all of the problems that they faced I found that I wasn't even worried for them for a moment. It was like a suspenseful storyline without the suspense.

The characters seemed flat and having Jack and Daniel involved in this episode seemed very pointless. I honestly thought that they should have used their time for Richard Dean Anderson in this for a different more deserving episode. Daniel should have only made a short appearance at the beginning and end of the episode, which would have made SO much more sense.

I give this episode a solid 6 because it plainly isn't my sort of storyline. I found it boring and flat and it even had no character development of any sort.