Stargate SG-1

Spirits

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 23, 1998 on Syfy

7.9
  • SILLY!

In episode #35 SG-1 finds a planet inhabited by Native American Indians, protected by spirits who are actually advanced alien shapeshifters. "This land is ours; ours by right of possession; ours as a heritage, given to us as a sacred legacy. It is the spot where our fathers lie; beneath those trees our mothers sang our lullaby, and you would tear it from us and leave us wanderers at the mercy of fate. We will die on the land of our fathers, and our bleaching skeletons shall be a witness to nations yet unborn." The point is I'm paraphrasing some of the dialogue in this episode to tell you that this episode has an important theme that has plagued Canadian and American society since the beginning of time. What is right and what is wrong. Also wrong with this episode is General George Hammond's uncharacteristic behaviour. I think the actor who plays Maybourne was unavailable to play his reappearing role when this was shot because it seems Hammond was given all his lines. Or maybe he's the evil Hammond twin?