Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1: Continuum

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 29, 2008 on Syfy

• Classic!!!

From the very first moments you can feel it, this is gonna be classic SG-1. This is gonna be a nostalgic ride. There couldn't be a more perfect opening scene.

The alternate timeline story was pleasantly twisted and didnt get boring, like they usually do when you know from the beginning that everything is gonna turn out fine. I was very pleased with the way things went in that area.

There were lots of great scenes, and lots of appearances from long past friends and enemies, which was much appreciated. It was refreshing.

And I really enjoyed seeing Claudia Black as Qetesh. I found her to be the most interesting character. Perhaps because she was the only new character. She was excellent nevertheless. We (or most of us) have seen her play fun and mischievous as Vala, serious and torn as Aeryn, and now dark and ruthless as Qetesh. Vala fans might be a bit disappointed, although one of her fews scenes was quite amusing, but Claudia Black fans are in for a treat.

My only complaint is Jack's screen time. I was expecting to see more of him. Jack had to be in this due to his history with Baal, but he didn't get the pleasure of fighting or bickering with him again. There was also a lack of screen time between Jack and Sam. I must admit I had high expectations in that area.

In the end, this is far better than The Ark of Truth, which I found to be like an average episode. But, if this was an episode of SG-1, it would be the absolute best! I cant wait to watch it again!

This will definitely be one of my new choices when I need an SG-1 fix. Whether I'm in the mood for a feel good episode, such as my current favorites; Evolution, Upgrades, and Prometheus Unbound. Or an action episode, along with my favorites The Serpent's Lair, The Lost City, and Camelot. Feeling so classic, but still having Claudia Black, Ben Browder, and Beau Bridges, it's also an ideal choice, no matter what era I'm in the mood for.